Fastin & Husband not working well together
    Photos
    View albums

Sometimes the guys in our lives feel threatened too, and try to sabotage your diet or exercise plans. (friends can do this too) I finally had to confront mine-nicely, and explain to him this was important to me and that he was sabotaging my efforts. He finally realized that he really was doing some of these things mindlessly, and now he goes out of his way to help!
    I would just talk to him, ask for his help and even ask him to participate by cooking better and working out with you. Maybe he will realize how difficult this is for you if he has to do it too, and be better support.
    Remember, a treat once in a while is ok too-everything in moderation!
    n8rgrl

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think I'm gonna start doing the toss
    Doin it just for me!

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I think a lot of us on here know what you're talking about. My hubby met me when I was 190 lbs. so he has no clue what I look like thin. I have never been so determined to not only lose weight but to be healthy as well and I think it's made him a little nervous. He actually tried to MAKE me eat ice cream the other night... which is my 2nd weakness! He said that I had worked hard on my diet and that I should celebrate. NO!! I'm trying to break those habits. Food is NOT a reward, NOT a comfort food, and NOT a way to overcome boredom! Hopefully all of our men will soon realize that this is not a bad thing. Having a fat woman that loves you... very expensive; having a thin, healthy, sexy woman who loves you... priceless!!
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

Photos
    View albums

well in his eyes you are beautiful and don't need to lose weight, which is great..but tell him that you need to do this for your health too..doesnt' he want you to be healthy? and i would just not eat what he wants you to eat, he can't force feed you.
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Silver Phenster sergeantsgirlfriend's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

My boyfriend says I look fine the way I am. Here's the thing, it doesn't matter if he thinks I look fine, I have to think it. Besides, I want to look better than fine. I weighed 125 when we met. I honestly doubt he will be upset when I weigh that again. We all want to look the best that we can. If you feel like this is what you want to do, go for it.

Photos
    View albums

I totally understand my hubby would see my plate with less food then normally and would try to give me some of his. I finally told him he needs to stop cause I really need to lose weight. Now I make my plate with less and he just ask if I'm full.
    Last edited by Mrs Manuel; June 22nd, 2008 at 04:35 PM.

Photos
    View albums

You are gonna have to sit hubby down and have serious talk with him. Either that, or start secretly tossing your food.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

I hear you! My ex used to do stuff like say "Make some pasta for dinner" when he KNEW I would not touch that! It made me crazy. Or hed make me a sandwich with all the fatty, carby stuff I was avoiding and put it in front of me. Nice thought, yes. Good for me, no.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Fastin & Husband not working well together

I weigh 165.5 lbs. I just started fastin last Tuesday and my husband doesn't think I need to lose weight at all. That's fine because during the week I cook all the meals. However, on the weekends he cooks. Yesterday he brought me a pancake and an omelette. Okay the omelette was fine but that pancake with the butter, peanut butter and honey (the way I love my pancakes) and a dash of syrup was just not what I needed. It was a very thin pancake and I ate it. He cooked chicken alfredo for dinner, however, I had a grilled chicken salad and then 1/2 of an oatmeal cookie.

Today so far, he gave me two pancakes and omelette and a piece of sausage. I told him, honey you gave me two pancakes that are twice as thick as yesterday, I can't lose weight like this. His thoughts are why are you trying to lose weight.

I appreciate him so much and love him so much that I don't want to offend him but I want him to understand.
    Doin it just for me!