~*~*~*Spontaneous Workouts--TIPS*~*~*~
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BronzyBella

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    LOL... the guy that I had in mind, who lives in Maryland is not the "hunky" guy I was thinking he was. He is still single though, nice, employed, and owns his own home.
    As long as he is respectful, loves God and don't mind a plus size girly, I'm down! Shoot I am 130% single, so I'll give it a shot

2. Advertising
    advertising

Quote Originally Posted by BronzyBella View Post
    Well I went to the gym this morning then at breakfast. And about 2'oclock I walked around my apt while wachting a 30 min tv show. I jogged during the commercial breaks. I did this for the whole 30 min. I did this yesterday too, and woke up feeling some extra muscles that have been worked. Which is weird because I work out and do weights all the time, but i guess our body movement is a bit different in a smaller area so I guess we work different muscles. I'm about to walk around my complex for a bit, just to get some fresh air.

As far as the hunky guys go...keep on workin! ----I have MySpace if they are curious lol
    LOL... the guy that I had in mind, who lives in Maryland is not the "hunky" guy I was thinking he was. He is still single though, nice, employed, and owns his own home.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

BronzyBella

Okay Bronzy, what has your day been like today??? Find a new routine? I am working on finding you a hunky guy.
    Well I went to the gym this morning then at breakfast. And about 2'oclock I walked around my apt while wachting a 30 min tv show. I jogged during the commercial breaks. I did this for the whole 30 min. I did this yesterday too, and woke up feeling some extra muscles that have been worked. Which is weird because I work out and do weights all the time, but i guess our body movement is a bit different in a smaller area so I guess we work different muscles. I'm about to walk around my complex for a bit, just to get some fresh air.

As far as the hunky guys go...keep on workin! ----I have MySpace if they are curious lol

The ladies have some great ideas for you.
    How about joining a social group in your area? My sisters live in NY and both are single. Although they have different interests they both belong to meetup.com groups in their own areas. One in NYC and the other in Queens, NY. One is very athletic and she belongs to a running club, and the other loves cooking and reading and she's got her own groups going. I wish I had some free time!
    SW -- 206 --10/8/07 (weight loss center)

CW-- 182 --03/29/09 (back to taking Phen @ weight loss center)

183.4-- 09/16/09 (off Phen for now- no prescription until Dec)

Hey Bronzy,

If you are cool w/ spending time w/ kids even over your summer, then yeah definitely look into volunteering at the local boys and girls club. I spent a summer volunteering at a boys and girls club and was constantly playing games, throwing frisbees, etc. It was great fun!

Another thought though, and this came to mind this weekend as I was at a memorial service for a friend's father. Are there are any senior centers in the area, they ALWAYS need volunteers. The elderly are hard for some, so many more people volunteer w/ kids than the elderly. And so many elderly would love a walking companion, or doing something like bringing meals to shut ins, etc.

A good place to look at local volunteer opportunities is on craig's list if your city has it's own chapter of craig's list!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Okay Bronzy, what has your day been like today??? Find a new routine? I am working on finding you a hunky guy.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

BronzyBella

Wow you ladies are amazing. You really gave me some good ideas.

Bandmamma I just may look into that community garden. I'm not sure if we have one, but I'm going to check

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel View Post
    No worries - tomorrow morning there will be a 60lbs box on your front doorstep w/ 2 little boys in it. Open and proceed to run yourself ragged.

Seriously - what about volunteering - YMCA? There is a lot of things they need help with that you could do on your own schedule.
    bahahaahhahahahahahahhaaha!
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

If there is a community garden around you could join in, grow your own veggies, get some exercise weeding and such, then come home and create new recipes with your home-grown food. Once a week or so, invite a friend over to try out a new recipe, too.
    You could learn a craft of some sort. Sewing is more tiring than you think, or learn to paint, or just take an on-line nutrition course. You know- just learn something new.
    Take yourself up to Pennsylvania for a few days at a campground (KOA has cabins and so do many other campgrounds plus many have Internet access now), take a self-improvement book along, and hike those mountains while you contemplate on what you're reading.
    Borrow a bike and take off to parts unknown for however long you want- shoot, you can cruise around pretty much anywhere, run across one of us, and I'm sure we'd let you crash on the sofa.
    That's all I can come up with right now.

Diamond Phenster

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You could spend some time making up signs for the inside of the female locker rooms ...
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

I figured a teacher would want a break from kids...LOL...

You should give it a try...it gets you out of the house, gets you exercising (even if you don't realize it), and you can meet people that must be nice, because they are volunteering in the heat just so someone can have a nice home...

I have volunteered dozens of times, it is very rewarding
    SW: 250 (6/16/08)
    240 (6/23/08)
    233 (7/06/08)
    230 (7/15/08)
    220 (7/30/08: 10lbs. in July---->goal met)

BronzyBella

Quote Originally Posted by obscurevirtue View Post
    I am soooo glad that i am not the only that sings and dances around; however, i don't do it in front of the mirror, cause that might scare me...lol. I do it everytime i find myself alone and it is good cardio. I also do the exercise thing during commercials: sit ups, light weights (it works and you wont be bulky, but you will get tone) or whatever. The volunteering idea is good and it does't have to be with something that deals with children...maybe Habitat for Humanity, i'm sure it would be a good workout...lol

Sueann
    Yeah girl....I'm always up in the mirror like

I'll try Habitat for Humanit. I've always wanted to do that. Plus I need a break from kids this summer lol

BronzyBella

Well - it was suppose to read P h e n f o r u m time.
    Yeah I thought of soooo many other words to plug in there. I didn't know you were trying to keep it clean lol

I am soooo glad that i am not the only that sings and dances around; however, i don't do it in front of the mirror, cause that might scare me...lol. I do it everytime i find myself alone and it is good cardio. I also do the exercise thing during commercials: sit ups, light weights (it works and you wont be bulky, but you will get tone) or whatever. The volunteering idea is good and it does't have to be with something that deals with children...maybe Habitat for Humanity, i'm sure it would be a good workout...lol

Sueann
    SW: 250 (6/16/08)
    240 (6/23/08)
    233 (7/06/08)
    230 (7/15/08)
    220 (7/30/08: 10lbs. in July---->goal met)

LMAO.... my mind went SOOO many places with that.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Diamond Phenster

What word is supposed to be where the stars are located??? I can't figure it out, but could be an array of things lol
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Ohhh duhhh....I just looked at the pic again and realized what Frat he's in. MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(they are true gentlemen)
    LOL.... they are my favorite too.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

BronzyBella

You are my new Best Friend lol. Which Fraternity is your husband in??
    Ohhh duhhh....I just looked at the pic again and realized what Frat he's in. MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(they are true gentlemen)
    Last edited by BronzyBella; June 22nd, 2008 at 02:14 PM.

BronzyBella

HOLDTHEPHONE :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: screeeeeeeeeeeeeeching brakes ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Volunteer or whatever you end up doing ... but it's not to interfere with your ********* time
    What word is supposed to be where the stars are located??? I can't figure it out, but could be an array of things lol

Diamond Phenster

HOLDTHEPHONE :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: screeeeeeeeeeeeeeching brakes ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Volunteer or whatever you end up doing ... but it's not to interfere with your ********* time
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

BronzyBella

LMAO... Yes he has locks. They are REALLY long (near his waist) he has been growing them for about 10 years now.

Seriously, I think he has a few frat brothers in Maryland. He was there for a few days last year. Too bad I didn't know you then. I will have to find out and let you know. Don't worry, it seems good looking men gravitate towards each other.
    You are my new Best Friend lol. Which Fraternity is your husband in??

Thanks for the suggestions everyone...they are really helping me out! I'm thinking about volunteering at a museum or hospital too.

Diamond Phenster

Default Hubba Hubba

Ahhhh to be young and single again. I totally forgot what I was going to say, because EXTREME jealousy just took over.

I would trade lives with you if I could. My kids may taking some gettting use to, but hubby is very easy on the eyes...

Give it some thought, that is him in the middle with the w v-neck t-shirt.

He is a hunkofburninlove!

And Renee - to comment regarding your other post ... I think he attracted a beautiful woman too!
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

I would say join a gym with a swimming pool so you could do swimming as well.
    I like dalako's idea of going for a walk to the park and read
    or even the beeach and do some walking around there and take a break and read a book

Mother to a one year old active boy

MAY
    2nd- 194 lbs started PHEN
    9th- 188 lbs
    25th- 186 lbs
    JUNE
    13th- 186 lbs
    20th- 182 lbs

Insearchofme---Deal!!! Minus the kids though lol. Your hubby is handsome! Are those locs I see. I'm a s.ucker for locs . Does he have any friends in the MD area with locs by any chance?? lol--no but seriously...let me know lol
    LMAO... Yes he has locks. They are REALLY long (near his waist) he has been growing them for about 10 years now.

Seriously, I think he has a few frat brothers in Maryland. He was there for a few days last year. Too bad I didn't know you then. I will have to find out and let you know. Don't worry, it seems good looking men gravitate towards each other.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Volunteering is a good idea. There is also the boys and girls club and you could be a big sister to someone. That way you could go and be active while helping someone else out... maybe even change a life or two. You could also consider a part time summer job. Pick a store you would like to work in and do a few hours a day or a few days a week. It gives you extra cash and gets you off your butt. It also may come with the benefit of an employee discount. I would work in the disney store if i had to do that... love the movies and music they play. Anyway, good luck.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast