Snack Question

Thread: Snack Question

Photos
    View albums

When I need a snack at night... I usually go for the Apple with a little bit of peanut butter. But if I don't want to go through the effort, then I grab a 'fruit smoosh'... they only have 60 cals & 10 carbs, or lately the fiber one bars!! LUV EM!!! SO NUMMY!!
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

MMMMM snack food!!! Ok, any Whole Foods store, they have yummy fruit and nut mixes. Also these dried
    green beans that crunch like chips. Lately, I have eaten alot of fruit. Today was cherries for dinner.
    I havent really been that hungry, but when I cant figure it out, I break out the old standby of cheese crackers and an apple for dinner. Naughty snacks, I eat the little bags of cheez its(which is shared with my pup)
    Also for the candy craving, which is minimal, I fall back on lollipops. Just 60 calories. Oh and if you like coffee, a nice milk shake substitute is iced coffee with a bit of flavored creamer. mmmm chocolate rasberry.

Me and Tigger Hoover

start 5/22 ---- 266
    1st Weigh in 6/19 253

Photos
    View albums

Thanks insearchofme

I was wondering what to do when that salt craving came...i think popcorn will hit the spot.

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Ok, for me... I'm not a big fruit or veggie person, so when I think snack... that ain't it. My one thing I keep around the house that's not healthy is cocoa puffs... its my favorite cereal. When I just really need a sweet fix, I eat a small bowl. If you like cereal, pick out one that has whole grains... any General Mills cereals will. Try a low fat milk with it. Being able to have a bowl of my favorite cereal is what keeps me from feeling 'restricted' by a diet and feeling the need binge. I was eating a bowl every other day and now I've gotten to the point where I only have one once or twice a week at the most.
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

Photos
    View albums

Personally, I stay away from those 100 cal things. I KNOW I will eat more than one LOL I have been opting for bananas this last week. Sliced em up, drizzle with no calorie, no carb, no fat choclate. Yum!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by masonsmom View Post
    Are the 100 calorie Hostess snack cakes a good choice for a snack? I'm looking for some healthy snacks to have around the house. The Hostess cakes are delicious but, I can't help thinking that there is probably something healthier I should be eating! Any ideas?
    You are right - as delish as they are ... you are right to think there are healthier snacks - that would actually feed your body good nutrition. Cut up veggies, fruits, meat roll ups (with a little cream cheese and a pickle) etc.
    The MAIN reason I stay from those 100 calorie snack is .. they can cause cravings.
    I'm not going to fight against myself any more than I already do.

If Phen is giving you the power to wait and chose wisely before just eating, it may be a good idea to use the concept for the snack thing as well as meals.
    hope that helps
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by masonsmom View Post
    Are the 100 calorie Hostess snack cakes a good choice for a snack? I'm looking for some healthy snacks to have around the house. The Hostess cakes are delicious but, I can't help thinking that there is probably something healthier I should be eating! Any ideas?
    In my opinion, 100 calorie packs are not "healthy" AT ALL. The ingredients are the exact same as the regular sized snacks, the portion is simply smaller. That being said, I think it is fine to eat occasionally.

I have fallen in love with Fiber One bars (sadly not as healthy) as I thought, but they are good, and you get fiber. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fruit, so getting a healthy snack in the summer is always easy for me.

When I am in the mood for something salty, I eat the whole grain 100 calories pack of Orville Redenbacher's microwave popcorn. If you have older children in the house, or a hubby who is likely to turn their nose up at "healthy" snacks. just take the individual packs out of the box before putting them in the cabinet. They will never know the difference.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Breyer's All Natural juice bars.... YUMMY.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

I eat them about once a week, In fact, I love the 100cal snack. The problem is, is that they are FULL of sugar. So most o fthe time when I want something sweet I will pick fruit- or even better, fruit with cottage cheese. There is alot of protien in the cottage cheese so i even get to feeling a little bit full from it..

I'll get you, my pretty and your little dog too!

Photos
    View albums

If you need a quick sugar fix then its ok for that. I wouldnt eat it 5 times a day. I eat the 100 cal snack packs. Grasshopers, choc chip cookies, etc. Otherwise go for fruit, veggies, cottage cheese, nuts and what not.
    Started Phen 5/27
    SW 200
    6-3-08 189 -11
    6-10-08 184 -5
    6-17-08 181 -3
    6-24-08 179 -2

GW 155
    Height 5"7

Silver Phenster sergeantsgirlfriend's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I like apple slices and grapes, if you like fruit. I have been eating sorbet when I want just a bite of something sweet. I haven't tried the cakes you are talking about.

Photos
    View albums

Red face Snack Question