Negative Friends
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I agree with Bronzy.

Some people will try to sabotage you in your effort to lose weight. Although, you have to do what you believe is the best for your health. Even if that means taking a pill to help you get onto the right track.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I think some "friends" are happy having a friend that is fatter than them b/c it makes them feel better about themselves!
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by BronzyBella View Post
    it is probably a mixture of jealousy and concern. Most people have a stigma about weight loss pills. But with this pill and most pills, you must still work and do your part. Which will be the reason why you won't gain it back once you're off. Inform her of this and in addition let her know that you are making a lifestyle change and Phen is to help train your eating habits for when you are no longer on it. You may also want to let her know that while on Phen you don't really lose weight fast lol . I would be nice though! Let her know that the first 2 weeks may be super fast but after that it goes to like 1-2 lbs per week. Which is the suggested norm. So you may want to ask/tell her that if she doesn't have things to say to support and motivate you then she can just keep them to herself. Beacause you have researched this and know more than what she could ever say to you and you are being supervised by a Dr. Thank her for her concern, but let her know only her support is needed and nothing else.

Good Luck!
    Everything she said
    Highest weight= 296lbs, Lost 70 lbs on Weight Watchers
    Started Phen 4/16/08 @ 226 lbs.
    7/14/08 199.0 lbs Onderland!
    CW 9/26/08 = 182 lbs

"Esta Negrita tiene tumbao"

August 2008 August 2005

BronzyBella

it is probably a mixture of jealousy and concern. Most people have a stigma about weight loss pills. But with this pill and most pills, you must still work and do your part. Which will be the reason why you won't gain it back once you're off. Inform her of this and in addition let her know that you are making a lifestyle change and Phen is to help train your eating habits for when you are no longer on it. You may also want to let her know that while on Phen you don't really lose weight fast lol . I would be nice though! Let her know that the first 2 weeks may be super fast but after that it goes to like 1-2 lbs per week. Which is the suggested norm. So you may want to ask/tell her that if she doesn't have things to say to support and motivate you then she can just keep them to herself. Beacause you have researched this and know more than what she could ever say to you and you are being supervised by a Dr. Thank her for her concern, but let her know only her support is needed and nothing else.

Good Luck!

Silver Phenster sergeantsgirlfriend's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy Negative Friends

I have a friend who has been nothing but skeptical since I told her that I started taking Phen. She is usually supportive but not in this case. She's constantly saying how bad it is to take because you gain all of the weight back. Not once has she said congrats on losing weight when I give her an update. All she says is to be careful about losing it so fast because I'm just going to gain it all back and more when I stop taking the meds. It makes me want to not talk to her because this is a time where I need support not negativity. Let me add that I know she's not saying these things just out of concern. It's almost like she is maybe jealous? I was just wondering if anyone else had any friends like this?