OT - We lost an Officer yesterday.

That makes me so sad!
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

2. Advertising
    advertising

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar

To those of you that have husbands/bfs that are officers.... I know what happened to that young man was terrible, and as I said before, I can't imagine what his family is going through right now, but please try not to stress too much about your loved ones. My husband has worked at a state prison for over 7 years and I've worked for both state and federal prisons for almost 5. I've never seen anyone get an injury bad enough to keep them from work for more than one day... except this one time when a field officer accidentally shot his own foot trying to holster his 9mm. My hubby did have a friend get seriously hurt, but he recovered and still works for the prison to this day. It's rare, which is one of the reasons it impacts us so hard. Just pray for your loved ones and believe that they will come home safe every day. It gets easier not to stress as more and more time goes by without bad news. I know, I've been there (still there).
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

Gerard on here used to work at Rikers, so he knows all abut the dangers......anyone that chooses that path is a hero because somebody has to do it for the safety of our society...

What a waste that that young man had to die like that......
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

My husband is a State Correctional Officer and I have to let the worry go as much as I can. He loves his job and I support that.

I am sorry to hear about this. It makes me start to worry again. I will keep his family in my thought.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Diamond Phenster

So very young - what a great loss. I absolutely will keep their family in our prayers. Like many others mentioned - in our family we have a 20 year sheriff who will NOT sit behind a desk and goes on many meth raids etc. and his son has followed in this path as a career law enforcement officer - other uncle thankfully just retired and to this day will not even comment on the under cover work he did ...
    It's SO dangerous ... I applaud the people that chose this path to protect us.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

My husband and I have many friends that are officers, and thankfully they have never been seriously harmed. I will be praying for the family of the slain officer.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Silver Phenster

So sad, just so young. My brother is an agent and we just never really know where he is or what hes doing. My heart goes out to his family and co-workers. I will say a prayer for his family.
    GO CHARGERS!

This is so sad. I can't imagine what his family is going through. I will say a prayer for the family.

Height 5'7
    SW - 178 (2-20-08)
    GW- 155
    Lost 16.4 lbs in 6 weeks on phen
    Lost additonal 9.6 after phen from 4-9-08 to 6-20-08
    Below goal & size 8 in most things 6-20-08

DESPERATELY TRYING TO MAINTAIN!

LIFE AFTER PHEN CHALLENGE

[[/url]

This is really sad. He was so young. I'll be praying for his family.

MY FORMER SELF

this worries me sooo much... my husband used to be an officer.. he let his cert go and decided to take another path... just recently his brother started working at a prison near by and loves his job.. my hubby has been talkin for a while to get back into law enforcement.. sooo he called county jail they are hiring in july... its not prison but he ll still b working w/ inmates... the county told hubby they would pay for him to go back thru BLET and get his cert again and even work around his schedule so he can be road officer again!

this really bothers me.. i dunno if its a sign or what.. cuz other day i was working out and thing come on tv at gym talking bout a state tropper in Haywood county was killed by routine traffic stop... it bothers me to all ends!

i ll def pray for his family.. that is terrible!
    www.youtube.com/lailbanana (my weight loss process)

3/1 Starting Weight 253
    3/22 Drs visit = 246.8
    3/23 Started Adipex-p
    12/5 181 ONDERLAND YAY!!!

** down 72 lbs**

Smile it increases your face value
    1st pix- march 08
    2nd pix- thanksgiving 08

Silver Phenster

I can't even explain how aweful I feel when I hear things like this. The family will be in my prayers.

oh at is just AWFUL! that is such a dangerous job. My friend is a C.O. in Cali and I pray for her safey every day!
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Silver Phenster sergeantsgirlfriend's Avatar

It's always awful to hear this sort of news. My boyfriend is a cop and I have to force myself to not think about the chances of anything happening to him. The reality is that it could and at any time, you never know. The family will be in my prayers tonight.

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar

Unhappy OT - We lost an Officer yesterday.

You guys may have heard about this on the news, but the Federal Bureau of Prisons lost a fellow officer yesterday. Two inmates stabbed a 22 year old officer to death at USP Atwater. 22! He was just a kid! I feel so bad for his family. They say he had only worked for the BOP for 10 months when this happened. If your the religious sort, please pray for his family. I can't imagine what they're going through.
    Makes you stop and think about what it is we really do out there. Kiss your babies tonight and tell your family you love them.
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs