How can i beat this ?
    BronzyBella

Ok....here is what you do. First of all recognize the fact that Phen doesn't give the same full blown effect weeks after being on Phen. Your body eventually gets used to it, so you get back those cravings and hunger pains. In between each bottle of Phen I stop taking it for a week (to get it out of my system). During this week I continue to be strict with my eating. After that week I go back on and Phen will take away my appetit again for about a week. After that you really must train yourself to only eat during meal time and to have a healthy snack inbetween. I always keep in mind that Phen is not going to fix me. Only I can fix me. Phen is just a tool I am using to train myself to eat better. So when You get those cravings and hunger pains, try to continue eating healthy during you regular eating times and keep your portions reasonable.

The reason why you feel like you need to stuff yourself is because you need to eat things with more substance. I'm guessing that when you "eat healthy," you don't eat much (very little actually) AND you don't eat any protein (or very little). Protein is what will fill you up. You must eat things of good substance (chicken, tuna, a little bit of red meat, nuts, etc). This will help fill you up more then you won't feel a need to cram in more food. I totally know the feeling you are talking about . Sometimes I'll eat something and then after that I just want something hearty. So to avoid eating something bad. I will go back and eat a fruit and some crackers (yes that is in addition to the meal). I don't do this often though, because I try to make sure my meals have substance to them, in the first place. You must also listen to your body. Cravings aren't a figure of our imagination. When we crave something, it normally means our body is missing something. When want to stuff your face, it is because you body is needing more protein and substance in your meal. Like for example if you are craving chocolate then that means your body is lacking Magnesium, therefore you should eat things with high magnesium. Dalako posted a thread called https://www.phentermine.com/forum/my...-cravings.html. She lists cravings---what you are missing---and how to fill that craving.

As far as how to break your cycle of overeating and getting back on track...it is fairly simple. Just commit yourself to this. I went through the same thing and gained 5lbs back. So this is what I did: Allow yourself 2 more days of binging (ahhh this is heavenly ) lol. Then on that 3rd day get back on track. But here is the tricky part.....you have to actually get back on track....no exscuses...no seriously. You must make "not being on track" not an option. It just can't happen. At that moment "not being on track" is not even in your world and does not exsist. When you allow yourself those 2 days to go crazy you are mentally preparing yourself. You are letting your body know "ok, today is the last day you will have Burger King for a while.:nosh:" You are fulfilling your cravings making it easier to not miss it as much once you get back on track. Once you are back on track be strict for a week. Then after that week allow yourself 1 day a week to have treats. But that treats MUST end that day. After you can truly follow that for a couple of weeks, then you can allow yourself treats any day of the week (but only a small amount and not everyday). When I fell of the cycle I also cut down going to the gym so on the day I got back to eating right, I re-committed myself to the gym.

Getting back on track is possible, but you need to just make a commitment. Once you are able to get back on track....staying focused will be easier because you will be able to see that it is possible for you. Losing weight and reaching your goal is not a fairytale or a dream. It is obtainable. You can do this....remember "mind over matter." You control this 120%, but you have lost the control over the past month. Take that control back and lose that weight. YOU....CAN....DO...IT-------COMMIT to it!

Hope this helps....good luck

2. Advertising
    advertising

It is such a scary feeling when you feel like your starting to lose control. I hate that. All the hard work goes down the drain so quickly.
    What I would suggest is to try to fill up on protein. Try for 100 grams per day.
    I would eat every 2-3 hours to try to keep the cravings at bay. Try to avoid all simple carbs - they will just increase your appetite. Also drink water even when your not thirsty. Aim for a minimum of 8 glasses per day.
    Maybe if you can get a handle on this you can stop it here.
    Here's some other info I got off this board:
    She said her doctor told her this - I think the poster was Sharons
    He also mentioned in his booklet to take the 5htp 100 mg 3 times daily (empty stomach) it is a natural product which replaces pondimin(fenfluramine)
    It increases seratonin levels in the brain, also take L-Tryosine 500-1000mg twice daily empty stomach which will significantly increase the effectiveness of the diet pill. May take 10-14 days to take effect. Lastly L-Glutamine(sugarcravings) 100-1500 mg will eliminate sugar cravings for 6-12 hours,3 times daily empty stomach.
    He said do not take Chromium because it acts like insulin in the body and can cause you to gain weight

Good luck - let us know how your doing.

No actually, I spoke with the weight clinic on possibe bumping me up to the 37.5 and they discouraged it. They told me if I was to move up to that then I would never be able to move back down and its basically a last option kind of thing , They said since i only weight 139 its not appropriate. I just know I have the potential to blow back up to my heavier weight.
    Weight in 2003 : 190lbs
    After 10 months of phentermine : 137lbs
    After college ( lots of stress and fast food) : 164lbs
    7/9/08: 139.6 FINALLY THE SCALE IS MOVING stopping phen ( medical reasons)
    Yea---ive blowwwnnn it this time
    9/05/08 150.0
    9/17/08 148.2 Back on phen again

Bronze Phenster

if you want, we can tlak in the chat, i am in that room.

Bronze Phenster

the ones you are taking are not 37.5mg? BTW good thing with the b12 and supplements. i was going to recommend that.

2pm 30mg along with B12, B6, and a potassium pill.
    I used to take my pills early in the AM but I found I was not able to control my eating in the evening so I started taking my pills later in the evening.
    9/05/08 150.0

Bronze Phenster

OK what time did you take the phen today and how much?

When I first took phentermine I felt the same way , like i was going a million miles a minute. No sleep, and I just wanted to clean and smoke all day and not eat. Well, I have quit smoking recently, but i still feel wound up some days on it. But its wierd, sometimes I feel like im so damn tired I dont want to move either. Grrrr. I never really worried about addiction, i just really want results now since ive messed up so bad. My "fat clothes" are starting to fit better. I mean 9lbs in one month really just shook me up. I know ive only had probably 500 calories today, but im still not satisified, I want to eat more and more. Now that you got me thinking, I bet me quiting smoking has something to do with this.....
    9/05/08 150.0

Bronze Phenster

ok if i could estimate you maybe have eating, what about 450 calories today so far, that isnt bad, another thing is, dont be scared to eat up to 1000 cal a day, you need that for your mind and body to function. As for myself, i noticed a huge drop of at least water weight since i started yesterday, kinda scary. I took adipex when i was 18 and i am 23 now and i forgot what it was like. Not being improfessional, but i feel like i am on speed. And it makes me tired sometimes, does that happen to you? I am scared of getting addicted to these because they are strong and i want more of the feeling when it goes away.

I am not really sure what is going on. I just dont feel satisfied until I've crammed enough in to puke.
    I have taken phen off and on since 2003. But I often take it for a few weeks, then go off and forget to take them
    So I have been taking it daily like i should for 3 weeks straight.
    Its 3pm, I have had a large bowl of cereal , apple, and two yogurts, and 100 calorie snack pack and im still starving. Before when I took phen ,I WAS never hungry. Not sure whats going on.
    9/05/08 150.0

Bronze Phenster

Yeah I understand what you are going through. It happens to everyone. I myself started phentermine yesterday and lemme tell ya. Not what I expected. I expected it to act like hydroxycut and those gimmik crap, but no i have to force myself to eat because i dont want to eat. And also, how long ahve you been taking phen this can explain why you have cravings to eat, has anything bad or negative happened that may have caused you to want to binge. I am here if you want to talk

Default How can i beat this ?

I was doing so great on my diet and exercise program. I totally had all of my cravings in control, and I ate good food for me. I was all the way down to 130 lbs.

The past month I have gained 9lbs up to 139 and have continued to be on phentermine with no help.
    I have binged all month, and kept saying after each meal " Oh I will start my diet tomorrow" which has turned into the same excuse every single day. I eat until im nauseated then I sleep sleep sleep.

Why is this happening? I can see my weight creeping up up up. Ive worked so hard from once being almost 190 lbs a few years back.

Anyone have any advice, anyone ever gone through this. I want to break this cycle and get back on track but i cant seem to control my cravings and binge eating.

Thanks guys.
    9/05/08 150.0