No longer "obese" (and question)
    Photos
    View albums

I agree your building lean muscle and burning fat, so if you can do that and still get a 2lb per week loss....your doing GREAT!!!!!!! Keep it up
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

2. Advertising
    advertising

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Just throwing a couple things out there.

2lbs a week is WONDERFUL.
    also Muscle weighs more than fat.

Just keep living the healthy lifestyle the scale will catch up.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by SHess2004 View Post
    You could be over training at the gym. An hour and a half is really a bit drastic. If you are over training your body it will work against you. Furthermore, if you are on a VLCD and over training your body is going to hold onto every bit of food it gets. First, you are close to your goal weight. This means that when you put your body into a sever calorie deficit and over train your body does not have enough stored fat to pull from to compensate. What could be happening is your are not consuming enough calories to support your major organs, body functions, and muscles.

What I personally would do would alternate my weight lifting routine. Monday: upper body, Tuesday: lower body, etc. I would also only do 30 mins of cardio within 60% -70% of my maximum heart rate. Or I would switch it up and do circuit training. (Thats my personal fav) This would combine cardio and strength. Its actually very effective for burning fat and toning muscle.

Hope this helps.
    Yeah, I just realized last week that I was overdoing the weights. Now I'm doing cardio for an hour (30 on elliptical and 30 on treadmill) three days a week and cardio/weights (30 total cardio - 30 total weights) on two days of the week. Saturday and Sunday off. Do you still think that's too much? The 1 1/2 workouts aren't that often. Just a couple of times when I first started going to the gym. I've fallen in love with it and sometimes the time just gets away from me.
    No Phen
    2/08 -- 198.4 (SW)
    2/15 -- 194.2

Photos
    View albums

I would be happy at this point with two pounds a month!!!! Be happy you are still losing, at least, and not stuck in a plateau. You're doing great!
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

You could be over training at the gym. An hour and a half is really a bit drastic. If you are over training your body it will work against you. Furthermore, if you are on a VLCD and over training your body is going to hold onto every bit of food it gets. First, you are close to your goal weight. This means that when you put your body into a sever calorie deficit and over train your body does not have enough stored fat to pull from to compensate. What could be happening is your are not consuming enough calories to support your major organs, body functions, and muscles.

What I personally would do would alternate my weight lifting routine. Monday: upper body, Tuesday: lower body, etc. I would also only do 30 mins of cardio within 60% -70% of my maximum heart rate. Or I would switch it up and do circuit training. (Thats my personal fav) This would combine cardio and strength. Its actually very effective for burning fat and toning muscle.

Hope this helps.

Photos
    View albums

2 lbs a week is good. Remember that when you are closer to your goal weight, it can come off slower. My doctor told me that the heavier you are, the more drastic loss you will see in the first month. You only have 20 lbs to go. Be patient and keep at it. It will disappear.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default No longer "obese" (and question)

I went for my first official weigh-in with the doc on Thursday. Weighed 183.5 (already knew that because I weigh every morning), so by his count I lost 10 pounds. And I'm no longer in the "obese" category as far as BMI. Just fat! So yay! When I woke up that morning I expected it to be more because the day before I had gained 2 pounds and it was TOM.

Questions: I seem to have lost the majority of that 10 pounds before I started the Phen. In the two weeks I've been on the Phen, I think I lost 4 pounds. So 2 pounds a week? What could I be doing wrong? I eat right, go to the gym anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half 4-5 times a week (both cardio and weights). So what?
    No Phen
    2/08 -- 198.4 (SW)
    2/15 -- 194.2