I started CLA and 5HTP..have questions
    Photos
    View albums

Hi I'm new here. I've never heard of CLA. What is it?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I have never taken, 5-htp, but I took CLA, for a while. I definitely lost a LOT of inches while I was taking them. I can't recall losing many pounds.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for all the advise. I'm going to talk to my family doctor. its confusing because I want to lose 30 more pounds and when I'm off of phen, I figured these two otc drugs would be perfect.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by happy68 View Post
    I read on someof the post that CLA or 5HTP might give phen a boost. I was wondering if I can take them with phen or hours later. I took Phen and 5htp together when I was at work, and my body didn't know if I should be sleepy or runnung a marathon. One post had said that 5htp boost the effectiveness of the phen, so I'm wondering if it'll still do that even if taking hours apart.:eatnphen1:
    Hi there. 5 HTP does not boost the effect of phen....it is a craving pill that boosts your seratonin levels so you don't crave carbs or fats. CLA is a pill that eats fat. I'm on both and take them all when I'm eating. The 5HTP will make you nauseous if you don't eat it with food and it's not a good feeling so take it while eating!

SW 289 2/27/2008 Sz 28
    229 8/07/2008 Sz 16/18

2/27/2008 - Began Phen -size 28

3/2008 - size 24

9/2008 - size 18

Banned
    Photos
    View albums

That info I posted is from a medical database,I dont use the internet for medical information it's not trustworthy.

Photos
    View albums

Rick is right. I checked with mine before I started taking it. I was surprised that he didn't know much about it at the time. My husband is a pharmacy tech so I had him print out the score cards for them and I brought them to the doctor when I asked. You might want to find some info on the internet to show him/her just in case... I hate it when they just give me a blank stare, and I'm like "Okay - you're the doctor... advise me!"
    SW: 307 LBS 9/16/10.
    In 2008 I lost 91 pounds, but I've gained it all back... so here I am, at square one, but not for long.

Banned
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by happy68 View Post
    I read on someof the post that CLA or 5HTP might give phen a boost. I was wondering if I can take them with phen or hours later. I took Phen and 5htp together when I was at work, and my body didn't know if I should be sleepy or runnung a marathon. One post had said that 5htp boost the effectiveness of the phen, so I'm wondering if it'll still do that even if taking hours apart.:eatnphen1:
    5-HTP raises blood serotonin levels, and because of the risks associated with elevated levels it should only be taken under the advice of a medical professional,elevated blood serotonin levels are associated with cardiac valve failure and acute or chronic pulmonary hypertension,you might want to ask your doc before taking this.
    Last edited by RickC; June 21st, 2008 at 02:25 AM.

Photos
    View albums

Most people take 5-HTP with dinner because by the time it's doing it's "thang" it's about bedtime anyway. Lately I've been taking it with my last dose of Phend, mostly because I have trouble remembering to take it later. CLA is typically taken with meals. The bottle label should have some directions on when to take it. I think both of mine say "with food."
    SW: 307 LBS 9/16/10.
    In 2008 I lost 91 pounds, but I've gained it all back... so here I am, at square one, but not for long.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Very interesting topic. i look forward to the response. anyone with any information

Photos
    View albums

Question I started CLA and 5HTP..have questions