unrecognizable due to your weight loss?

I worked with a lady named Mrs Joyce, She was on the front line for about a year. I spent many a days with her. She also worked for the school. She decided that she was going to quit working at the club. I was heart broken. She was the most sweet kind lady I ever met. Any way she came in about 2 weeks ago and I have not seen her sine school started this year in Aug. I was standing at the podium and I seen her coma around the corner, I let out OMG Momma Joyce. She just stood there looking around. I was walking up to her and she would not look at me. I called her name again< She looked over her glasses and said CHRISTY I replyed yes it me. She never knew it was me. I was a good feeling to have someone you do not see ervery day notice. I realy made my week!!!!! She told me if she had seen me out somewhere she would never had known it was me.
    This has defendly been a road well traveled, I have never looked back,Hope the furture is as bright as the sun.....

2. Advertising
    advertising

I just get a lot of "Wow you've really shrunk" type comments. I would love to be unrecognized, that has got to be the best compliment.
    I do have some girlfriends I haven't seen in years since I moved away that I am supposed to hook up with this summer. They haven't seen me since I was around 270-290 and they don't know about the weight loss. I am both excited and apprehensive about the reaction I may get.
    Highest weight= 296lbs, Lost 70 lbs on Weight Watchers
    Started Phen 4/16/08 @ 226 lbs.
    7/14/08 199.0 lbs Onderland!
    CW 9/26/08 = 182 lbs

"Esta Negrita tiene tumbao"

August 2008 August 2005

Lmao.... everyone i have ever known has poped outta the woodwork like.... "hi, whats up, my name is so and so....and who are you?" and i am like ....are you serious????

The funniest was my girlfriends husband.... he hadn't seen me in four months and was like.... sweetheart.... your being real ignorant not introducing me to your new friend..... we laughed our arses off!

After the intial stumped mode they all start jumpin around freakin out.... its become a staple and a ritual that i have to go thru this like everytime for at 10 mins...lol
    Nikki - Looking to divorce BOB...lol, my BIG OL' BELLY!

2/05/08 - 252 lbs (the evil truth)
    6/28/08 - 202 ON MY OWN!!!- Life after Phen

Haven't had that happen yet, but that would be nice.
    **Jessica**

[B]
    STARTING OVER AFTER 2 YEARS

SW: 6/23 - 225
    6/30 - 215

7/28 - 208

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."

I haven't had that happen yet... but i do get the second looks, like they had to think about it.
    Oh how I long for that day!!! LOL
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

ahhaha no i have had this happen to my face. but yesterday we were at waffle house before we all met up for a girls night and my bff jordan goes "dude everyones talkin about you" n i was like why?! (i was like omg i hope its nothin bad ) n she was like "cuz you look so good! bryan didnt even recognize you when you walked in the other day until you burst out with the vibrate dance". i was like OMG lol he sees me all the time! how is he not gonna know?!

its just hard for me to believe that i look THAT different.

2/10/08 - 3/08/08** -19 (Month 1 on Phen)
    3/15/08 - 4/05/08** -31 (Month 2 on Phen)
    4/12/08 - 5/03/08** -35 (Month 3 on Phen)
    5/10/08 - 5/31/08** -45 (Month 4 on Phen)
    6/07/08 - 6/28/08** -49 (Month 5 NO Phen)
    7/12/08- 7/26/08 ** -58 (Month 6 on Phen)

month 5 results
    1st mini goal=215 met
    2nd mini goal=200 met
    3rd mini goal=185 met
    4th mini goal= 170

I'm the opposite, actually. I am unrecognizable due to my weight gain. (Which is good, I guess.)
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Bronze Phenster

I haven't had this happen yet...only two weeks in to my new weight loss center program with the b12 lipovite shots and phen, with 8 pounds lost, but LOVED your story so much!! I will look forward to the day when I can tell a similar one! That must have made you feel so great and motivated to know that another mom thought you look so great!

Default unrecognizable due to your weight loss?

i just read another thread.....the one where one of our "phriends" didn't recognize her own picture.....and i was thinking about how CMARIE posted the thread about the homeroom mother not recognizing who she was......

has anyone else had this experience yet? where someone hasn't recognized you because of your weight loss? i have once. it's awkward and flattering at the same time.....here's what happened to me:

So, i work for a summer program at a child care right now. i was signing my own children out at the end of the day and one of the parents was signing hers out, too. She asked me how i was doing and then was like...."i have something to tell you, but i'm ashamed to say it." i was like "what?! tell me" she said, "you remember the other day when you opened the door for me and said hi? no...i don't wanna say it!" i was like "what, say it! i was a *****? is that what?!" she was like "no! i told valerie (another employee) that "whoever that girl was" knew my name and said hi to me. i didn't know who you were!" it didn't click at first.....i was like oh, that's okay. haha....then she was like "valerie said you had lost a bunch of weight and stuff. how much have you lost? you look good. i really didn't know that was you....i'm sorry!" so, i told her how much i lost and told her it was actually a good thing she didn't recognize me because it made me feel good. at the same time i was thinking.....my god was i THAT fat that i looked like a different person?! i never knew at the time that it was that out of control. now, looking back....i can't believe i let myself think it was okay.

anyway.....share your stories!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)