It's not working!!!

DO NOT UP THE DOSE!!

I'm on Xanax for aniety/panic attacks. I don't take it at the same time as my Phen cause Xanax is a "downer" and Phen is an "upper". What are you taking for your depression? I've tried most.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cecilialuna View Post
    He put me on 37.5 mg. I'm tempted to up it myself but then I'd run out before the month is over. I know he won't prescribe more right now.

At one point, he did give me wellbutrin but my insurance didn't want to cover it.

Every night I question myself, whether or not to stop my depression meds. Every night, I end up taking it. What's more important, not to be depressed or weight loss??? That's my burning question.

Antidepressants and phen do not mix very well,upping your dose on your own is a bad idea,you will just make things worse not better,since you didnt say what your deit is it's hard to say whats causing the stalling.

He put me on 37.5 mg. I'm tempted to up it myself but then I'd run out before the month is over. I know he won't prescribe more right now.

At one point, he did give me wellbutrin but my insurance didn't want to cover it.

Every night I question myself, whether or not to stop my depression meds. Every night, I end up taking it. What's more important, not to be depressed or weight loss??? That's my burning question.

Hi,

Would your doctor consider changing you to a different antidepressant? How many mg. of phentermine did he prescribe you? Some antidepressants are awful for weight gain and I agree that gaining all the weight makes it really hard not be depressed.

My daughter's doctor put her on lexapro because she did not want anything that made her gain weight. She has been doing really good with it. Some people have luck with wellbrutin and I hear zoloft is pretty safe, but they affect everyone differently. Don't be surprised if you end up trying several different types until you find the one that works for you. I know it is frustrating....been there.

Unhappy It's not working!!!

HELP!

My doctor prescribe some medicine for me, to help with my depression. It has two nasty side effects, weight gain and increased hunger.

After a few months on this medicine, I had gain 30 pounds!

So I went back to the doctor and told him I need help...I told him "I've got the munchies all day long and I'm gaining so much weight"

He now prescribes Phentermine, hoping it would help me. I've been on it for 2 weeks and have yet to see an improvement.

I don't know what to do, I'm almost at a point to stop my other medicine just to lose weight. A part of me is thinking I shouldn't though, it's helped me with being NOT depressed but yet it's a part cause...it's making me gain weight. I don't know what to tell my doctor.

Does anyone have any good advise???

On a second note, I haven't been able to get on the treadmill or bike. Everyday I come home from work, I'm exhausted. I barely have enough energy to take care of my kids!