Preggers and Phen
    Photos
    View albums

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I have no experience with this in relation to phen. I just wanted to say please don't blame yourself. There are tons of reasons why there was a miscarriage. I hope you feel better soon.

MY FORMER SELF

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Thanks

You guys are so thoughtful and understanding, thanks for all your kind words. I told myself that the phen wasn't the reason I miscarried, and it just wasn't meant to be. I love this forum, the support here is so wonderful.

Photos
    View albums

I am sorry for your loss hon((hugs)).I have had 2 myself. I personally don't think Phen was the reason.With my first m/c(no Phen with either one),it had been 11 yrs also since I had my last pregnancy.I was 19 and 22 when my first 2 kids were born.

Photos
    View albums

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I went through the same thing while taking phen.

Big (((((((((((HUG))))))))))) for you!

I'll get you, my pretty and your little dog too!

Photos
    View albums

hi I am pregnant..and I was taking phen. I found out right at 4 weeks..i am very regular. Thank goodness I had stopped taking the phen about 3 weeks before I found out I was pregnant..so hopefully it was not able to affect the baby. I am now 11 weeks and have had a good pregnancy so far..just the usual yucky feeling

I am very sorry for your loss. I don't think it had anything to do with the phen really either..but who knows? there are alot of girls on here who have said they have gotten prego while on phen.

Erin
    Started Phen: 4/22/14 SW: 214.2

Photos
    View albums

Surefirre...first I offer my condolences.

Secondly, I researched it myself 2 years ago because I was taking phentermine when I got pregnant with my daughter and I didn't even know I was pregnant. Obviously after I found out I was pregnant I stopped. I researched it and found out this:

An Overview of Phentermine and Pregnancy
    Phentermine is a prescription weight-loss aid. Since phentermine has not been studied in any pregnant animals or women, it is not known if it is safe for use during pregnancy.

Phentermine and Pregnancy Category C
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) uses a pregnancy category system to classify the possible risks to a fetus when a specific medicine is taken during pregnancy. Pregnancy Category C is given to medicines that have not been studied in pregnant humans but do appear to cause harm to the fetus in animal studies. Also, medicines that have not been studied in any pregnant women or animals are automatically given a pregnancy Category C rating.

Phentermine has not been studied in any pregnant women or animals. There have been a few reports of lung problems and stillbirths possibly related to phentermine use during pregnancy. Also, phentermine is chemically related to amphetamines, a group of drugs that has been shown to increase the risk of birth defects and miscarriages.

Since it is not known if phentermine is safe during pregnancy (and since taking phentermine is not absolutely necessary), phentermine is not recommended for pregnant women in general.

Phentermine and Pregnancy: Final Thoughts
    If you are pregnant, it is always a good idea to ask your healthcare provider before taking any medication. Phentermine should probably not be taken during pregnancy. If you are concerned about your weight during pregnancy, please discuss this with your healthcare provider.

So there is no clear "yes or no" answer but either way, please don't feel guilty because you didn't know you were pregnant and you weren't even taking it that long...so I honestly don't believe that the phentermine had anything to do with it at all.

God bless

04/03/2008 - 217.5 lbs (ran out of phen )

06/13/2008 - 223.6 lbs (restarted Phen&B12 under Dr supervision)

07/07/2008 - 205 lbs

07/29/2008 - 198.4 lbs YAY ONEDERLAND

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by SUREFIRRE View Post
    Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for months and finally went to the doctor May 21st and he wrote my prescription for phen. I have not been pregnant in 11 years and never thought I would be again, until a week or so ago. I was sooooo sick and at first I thought it was from the phen, but I had too many signs of pregnancy. Took about 7 test (ocd LOL) all were positive. Last Friday I started bleeding went to the doctor to find out that I was having a miscarriage. I've read that several others have had this happen also. I wonder if it has anything to do with the phen.
    I am so sorry to hear about ur loss. hugs, hugs

Started 1/16/08 - 168 lbs
    Current weight 137
    Goal of 120 (yup maybe in my dreams) will be happy with 125 lbs

xmas challenge with team BENSON

Photos
    View albums

i am so sorry about your miscarriage...i have experienced one myself nearly 3 years ago, and unfortunately still have no children my heart goes out to you, hugs to you! you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...
    SW-356.6
    4/18/2008-351.4(start Phen)
    4/25/2008-347.0
    5/02/2008-343.0
    5/09/2008-342.8(stupid TOM)
    5/16/2008-339.6
    5/23/2008-337.8
    5/30/2008-334.8
    6/06/2008-335.0(grr)
    6/13/2008-332.2
    6/20/2008-329.4

www.myspace.com/ashjdrake

Photos
    View albums

I am sorry for your loss... (hugs)....
    I have miscarried 3 times myself.... i know how hard it can be!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Photos
    View albums

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Take care and remember that you have support here.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Photos
    View albums

I can't be any help on that subject but I did want to say that i'm sorry for your loss.. It makes you sit back and think well what if you wouldn't have been taking the Phen ya know.. Crazy situation.. My regards to you and your family and I hope you get through the rough time..
    Always a bRiDeSmAiDe never a Bride

Bronze Phenster 3rd Times a Charm!'s Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

First of all I want to give my condolances. I know it was devastating to me to miscarry. I'm sure you will have people tell you yes it did have something to do with and no it didn't. I was on Phen in 2005 when I got pregnant a third time (I had two prior regular healthy pregnancies) and I miscarried at 13 weeks. My OB said it "probably" had something to do with the miscarriage but didn't offer any documentation or anything. I thought that I was just sick from the Phen and didn't think anything of it but finally took a test and found out I was pregnant at around nine weeks. I stopped taking Phen the day I found out, but my doc still seemed to think it had something to do with it. I never did research it, I almost don't want to know that it was MY fault that I miscarried.
    Height: 5'9
    SW on 6/17/08: 203
    GW: 160

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Preggers and Phen

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for months and finally went to the doctor May 21st and he wrote my prescription for phen. I have not been pregnant in 11 years and never thought I would be again, until a week or so ago. I was sooooo sick and at first I thought it was from the phen, but I had too many signs of pregnancy. Took about 7 test (ocd LOL) all were positive. Last Friday I started bleeding went to the doctor to find out that I was having a miscarriage. I've read that several others have had this happen also. I wonder if it has anything to do with the phen.
    Last edited by SUREFIRRE; June 20th, 2008 at 03:44 PM.