Anyone else read "Make the Connection" by Oprah and Bob Greene?
    Bronze Phenster

Thanks about the name. Its also my myspace.com website. and my email. I enjoy being barefoot, but love to buy shoes, go figure. And I'm glad i'm not the only one who has read this book! I also love that he encourages you to take it one step at a time. the way it should be. ~d.

PS. I'm going to try to get some pics on here, but I've got some at myspace right now, and pics of my daughter as well. www.myspace.com/barefeetinwetgrass

2. Advertising
    advertising

Diamond Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    I did read that book. I love Bob Greene. I think the book is about 15years old or so. It really helps that he does not suggest you change EVERYTHING in your life all at once. Glad you found a tool that can be of use to you.

BTW--- I absolutely LOVE your name.
    OH oh oh ... I love Bob Greene too. He's common sense way of thinking works for me and his whole better life thing he has going on is stocked in my freezer. LOL
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

I did read that book. I love Bob Greene. I think the book is about 15years old or so. It really helps that he does not suggest you change EVERYTHING in your life all at once. Glad you found a tool that can be of use to you.

BTW--- I absolutely LOVE your name.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Bronze Phenster

Default Anyone else read "Make the Connection" by Oprah and Bob Greene?

I went into the library here, to find a book that I had previously checked out about Bariatric surgeries. On my way back to the desk to check out the book(I had it in hand) I caught a glimpse of an old(think early nineties) pic of Oprah and some white guy walking. Pulled the book out, and it was called " Make the connection" . Put down the surgery book. Checked out the Oprah book. Its written by her and Bob Greene, who is the reason for her weight loss success of the past 15 years+. This book was a God-send for me. It really made me feel confident that I could do this on my own, without altering my innards He emphasizes healthy eating, hard exercise(if you're not sweating and breathing hard, its not doing you much good in the fat burning department) and drinking lots of water. Just a good read. If you weren't aware, he's the creator of "the Best life diet", which i bought a couple years ago. I never got through Phase 1. In the book or in real life. I found this older book much more helpful. I hope someone else has/does too. ~D.