U STUCK? HIT A PLATEAU?? YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!!
    Photos
    View albums

i think i could do this. I have always had great results from the low carb ( 20 carbs a day) but i couldn't stick to it for too long because i would get very sick and feel faint all the time. I can handle doing it for 4 days. this could work. thanks for the thred.
    url=http://www.extrapounds.com/] [/url]

Vacation last year

SW- 193 ibs 4/28/08
    CW- 184 ibs 5/05/08
    CW- 181 ibs 5/12/08
    CW- 177 ibs 5/19/08
    CW- 173 ibs 6/02/08
    CW- 169 ibs 6/10/08
    CW- 168 ibs 6/24/08 (VACATION)
    CW- 158 ibs 8/11/08
    CW- 158 ibs 9/16/09 (STARTING AGAIN)

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by countryasadirtroad View Post
    This depends on the individual I think. I am also a hypo, but I have never passed out, so maybe not to the extent you are. I have to make sure people around me know my issue is b'c if I don't catch it in time, I get so weak and light headed that I can't/don't even move. Since I have started eating healthier foods though, I have not had one issue with my sugar. Reguardless of whether I'm on a high or low carb day. Maybe if your scale gets stuck, you can try this diet, but keep your carbs to better numbers for you.
    That's exactly how I feel and then I pass out. Happened a couple of times at work. That's actually how I found out I was hypo as well as knocked up! Passed out and put my head through the wall in the bathroom and then 2 days later, woke up laying under my desk. And that's when I was taken to ER by ambulance and told I was pregnant and hypo. It was an interesting day.
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by fatbabygirl28 View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind is that if you are hypoglycemic like myself, this does not work for you! Those "high carb days" are completely out of the question... If my carbs go about 40, i'm done for. I literally pass out and then feel like crap for hours after. Not a good thing for hypos...
    This depends on the individual I think. I am also a hypo, but I have never passed out, so maybe not to the extent you are. I have to make sure people around me know my issue is b'c if I don't catch it in time, I get so weak and light headed that I can't/don't even move. Since I have started eating healthier foods though, I have not had one issue with my sugar. Reguardless of whether I'm on a high or low carb day. Maybe if your scale gets stuck, you can try this diet, but keep your carbs to better numbers for you.
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

Photos
    View albums

I agree i read also that you can carb down until your weight loss stalls( if you go 2 days without losing ) then you should switch to carb up until you lose weight or if you gain weight after 2 days then switch again. I think its all trial and error

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Photos
    View albums

This is a great thread......I knew a girl that used to lift big time weights and she told me that she had days of carb loading....but you can't go nuts....she was really strict on the days that she did low carbs...she recommended the book The Annabolic Diet but it was super strict and really meant for body builders...but the principal is the same........

I think as time goes on we are getting smarter about the whole carb thing. I did Atkins and was low carb for years and kept my weight at a nice 127 lbs....didn't crave sugar or carbs at all...but lookng back now I see how those weeks of induction were horrific....now that I see what my dad is going through with his kidneys I really wonder if high fat was a smart thing to do.....I am looking for that happy medium......

My focus now is more on trying to eating clean..the less processed the better....It isn't easy, especially when it comes to snackies......fruit to me isn't a snack ya'lll!!! And there is just so much string cheese and nuts you can eat......

Photos
    View albums

Redneck Alert!! I know what muskuls are! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photos
    View albums

I think it all depends on the person really. Some people carb down for one day and carb up for 1 day and repeat it like that. Others carb up for 3 and carb down for 3. Some do a whole week of carbing down and then carbing up the following week. And then some people eat low carb all week and then carb up one day out of the week. I guess it all depends on what you wanna do
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Phen Newbie derekandbrenansmom33's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Cool how often do you switch up?

I can definately see how changing it up would help.
    I lost 11 pounds so far in my first 3 weeks and haven't lost anymore since.
    Feel like I'm in a rut. So I'll definately try this.
    How often do you switch carbs cycles?
    Every few days or every other week?
    Thanks so much...

Photos
    View albums

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you are hypoglycemic like myself, this does not work for you! Those "high carb days" are completely out of the question... If my carbs go about 40, i'm done for. I literally pass out and then feel like crap for hours after. Not a good thing for hypos...
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Photos
    View albums

I guess I am not doing so bad afterall. I have been doing this weeks, only because I have a very hard time sticking to low carb these days. I LOVE fruits and veggies, and now that "summer" fruit is readily available, I can't get enough.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by LoSingWeightin08 View Post
    yea when i'm cycling i usually aim for numbers more along 50-70 on my high days and 20-35 on my low days.
    [B]Thank you - LosingWeightin08 - I'm just going to borrow your numbers and start with that. Seems more up my alley.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel View Post
    125 - 175 is considered LOW?

I freak if I get to 60 and aim for 20-40 grams of carbs.

By the way - thanks for posting this info!
    yea when i'm cycling i usually aim for numbers more along 50-70 on my high days and 20-35 on my low days.

This is a good thread to read about it ! http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=199958
    Last edited by LoSingWeightin08; June 19th, 2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

LOL!! Raquel, you are so wrong for that! I bet your hubby would be like "what the heck is a 'countryasadirtroad'?" I DEFINATELY don't want responsibility for helping someone GAIN weight. I'd be blackballed!! LMAO.
    No worries - LOL

Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

Default No you didn't!

LOL!! Raquel, you are so wrong for that! I bet your hubby would be like "what the heck is a 'countryasadirtroad'?" I DEFINATELY don't want responsibility for helping someone GAIN weight. I'd be blackballed!! LMAO.

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

That's what I pulled from a site for body builders.... I'm assuming they need more than just us regular folks. Hmmm... prolly should have left that part out then since it does us no good. HEY GUYS, DON'T GO BY THOSE GUIDELINES! LOL Find your own HEALTHY guidelines for how many carbs you need to eat on this plan. Sorry for the confusion!!

too late, I just ran out of the kitchen and inhaled me some serious carbs .. told me hubsand "countyasadirtroad said I should"

just kidding.
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

That's what I pulled from a site for body builders.... I'm assuming they need more than just us regular folks. Hmmm... prolly should have left that part out then since it does us no good. HEY GUYS, DON'T GO BY THOSE GUIDELINES! LOL Find your own HEALTHY guidelines for how many carbs you need to eat on this plan. Sorry for the confusion!!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

On average, women should lean towards 125-175 grams of carbs on low days and 200-300 grams on higher days. Men, 175-225 grams on low days and 350-400 grams on high days. Like I mentioned before, every person is different and may need to play with these numbers a bit to find what works best for you.

125 - 175 is considered LOW?

I freak if I get to 60 and aim for 20-40 grams of carbs.

By the way - thanks for posting this info!
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

I'll paste some suggestions from another site I was looking at. There are three ways it says you can do the diet: Lets say you are going to do a 1wk/1wk split... you can either eat just one kind of carb per wk (fibrous or starchy) and switch the next wk... rinse and repeat, you can eat no/little carbs for one week and then either group of carbs for the next... rinse and repeat, or you can use the two groups as your "high carb" (starchy) and "low carb" (fibrous) days. Does that make sense?
    I'm going to try the no carb wk vs. the high carb wk... I'll keep you guys posted on what happens. Just don't forget not to go overboard on this, you still need to eat healthy foods!! This is just a wake up call for your body. Google "carb cycling" if you want more info, that's where I found all this. Apparently a LOT of body builders use this method b'c that's what most of the sites were about. Supposed to help you burn fat and keep your muskuls! (please tell me theres a redneck on here that knows what "muskuls" is)

Fibrous Carbohydrates-----Starchy Carbohydrates
    Asparagus----------------------Barley
    Green beans-------------------Lima beans
    Broccoli--------------------------Red beans
    Brussels sprouts-------------Black eyed peas
    Cabbage------------------------Corn
    Carrots-------------------------- Flour
    Cauliflower----------------------Lentils
    Celery----------------------------Oatmeal
    Cucumbers---------------------Pasta
    Eggplants-----------------------Popcorn
    Mushrooms--------------------Potatoes
    Green peppers----------------Rice
    Red peppers------------------Sweet potatoes
    Spinach-------------------------Tomatoes
    Squash--------------------------Shredded Wheat
    Zucchini--------------------------Yams
    Last edited by countryasadirtroad; June 18th, 2008 at 10:46 PM.

Photos
    View albums

CAN YOU GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE OF SOMETHINGS YOU EAT ON A LOW AND HIGH CARB DAY?
    I AM SO HAPPY TO BE HERE I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN.I STARTED PHEN,HCG AND B12 INJECTIONS ON 4/15/08 AND TODAY 4/19/08 I HAVE LOST 7LBS,YEAH!! I FEEL TREMENDOUS.

SO LADIES AND GENTS PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS ][/IMG]

Photos
    View albums

ISNT IT A LOVELY THING!!!!!!!!! I love when i get advice like that. My brother is also a trainer and wanted to smack me when i was like...yeah baby!!! im totally doing this and he yelled.... I HAVE BEEN TELLING U THIS FOR OVER A MONTH!!!!

But hey, I was carb scared!!! Just dont go super starchy and fat and you will be fine
    Nikki - Looking to divorce BOB...lol, my BIG OL' BELLY!

2/05/08 - 252 lbs (the evil truth)
    6/28/08 - 202 ON MY OWN!!!- Life after Phen

Photos
    View albums

Lightbulb U STUCK? HIT A PLATEAU?? YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!!

I JUST finished reading Nikki's thread "shocking the heck out of my body" and she and LoSingWeightin08 suggested googling "carb cycling"... so I did, the following is a cut and paste from one of those sites... I'm definately going to try this, thanks girls!!

Carbohydrate cycling is the practice of lowering carbs for 2-3 days and then bringing your carbs back up for 1-2 days, instead of just keeping your carb ratios the same all the time. This helps your body to burn fat at a higher rate on the lower carb days and then replenish your carbs on higher days. This keeps your metabolism from slowing down and makes sticking to your 'diet' easier knowing that you will be able to eat higher carbs and calories in a few days.
    You can also plan your carbohydrate cycling around special events or plans that you may have. That is what makes this diet so easy and personalized.
    On average, women should lean towards 125-175 grams of carbs on low days and 200-300 grams on higher days. Men, 175-225 grams on low days and 350-400 grams on high days. Like I mentioned before, every person is different and may need to play with these numbers a bit to find what works best for you.