I have a question...

You are working out really great! But, you need PROTEIN. Your body is seriously lacking them. Fiber is nice, but it isn't protein. Anyone who is working out as much as you are is going to be hungry. That's normal. But, how you are feeding that hardworking machine is not helping it. There is nothing to burn. Your body is protecting you. Try 6 meals a day, protein at every meal. including snacks.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Prozac will kill off any sexual drive you may have. Trust me. I do not know anything about taking it with Phen just what I have read.
    Prozac is an anti depressant so you are not so freaked out and it levels your head. I took it back in the 90s but, will never take it again due to the sexual side effects. They are bad.
    Go vegan, save over a 150 animals a year and keep the pounds away for good!
    BOYCOTT PROCTOR & GAMBLE! Read all about it here

Good Luck SeaLover, and thanks for your advice along with everyone elses. Everyone keeps tell me to raise my calorie intake... I'm at 1200 +- a few everyday. I wrote this reply yesterday around 2-3pm, when I was only at 700 calories...but I reach 1200 with dinner and a snack. Thanks again, and good luck to everyone!

STARTING OUT
    June 16th ~ SW 166

1st MONTH WEIGHT LOSS
    July 16th ~ CW 155 ( -11 )

I have been taking phen off and on since 1994. I take mine at about noon. Why? Because in the morning I eat a tiny breakfast. Then of course I am not hungry then so why waste the pill. I usually will begin getting hungry at about lunch time so that is when I take the pill and a whole glass of water. Then I am not hungry at all and go to bed with no problems. I have to force myself to eat something.
    It is also a good pill to fast with for a few days nothing but water and a teaspoon or two of fruit juice if you feel quizy.

You shouldn't be hungry at all if you do it that way. Never take it so early in the morning. It will not last all day if you do.

I just started back today!! Wish me luck..

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by breekibuggie View Post
    I started phen yesterday. I took it @ 5:30 am.. Today I didn't take it until 6:30 am..
    I took it again early today because I was having trouble sleeping. I'm on 37.5mg once a day. I am soooo hungry, and yes I'm drinking alot of water... & I'm eating alot of food with fiber. So far today I'm around 700 calories. I've done cardio both mornings 45 mins..and last night 25 mins... Why am I sooooo hungry, I'm actually more hungry now than I was before taking phen.

Ok & the Dr. prescribed me to take my phen with prozac too....I didn't take it because of what posts on here where saying about taking them both together...should I start taking it tomorrow with my phen?

Thanks in advance

I also take my phen around 6am... that's what time I have to be at work. A few things I learned on this site that have helped me a lot is... make sure you take your phen on an empty stomach, eat some kind of protein for breakfast if you are having hunger issues, and drink lots and lots of water. I can't take my phen any later for the sleeping issues as well. I agree with the rest though, you should probably up your calorie intake. My doctor told me 1000-1200 per day, but I'm supposed to up that by 100-300 if I'm doing more than 30min of exercising.
    Last edited by countryasadirtroad; June 18th, 2008 at 11:54 AM.
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

Well after looking up alot of info of Phen Pro, I called my doc. I guess the prozac helps the Phen to last longer... so that will help with my hungry, so he says... So I took them both today at like 10am...later than usually, I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight ( last night I slept great ) YAY. Well thanks everyone and goodluck to you all!

STARTING OUT
    June 16th ~ SW 166

1st MONTH WEIGHT LOSS

For me, it took about 2 weeks to kick in. Then I had no appetite at all. So I had my dr lower my dosage.
    So here I am on week 4 and trying to adjust.

Me and Tigger Hoover

start 5/22 ---- 266
    1st Weigh in 6/19 253

Thanks for all your advice! I did however find some info on Phen w/ prozac...

"Phen-Pro" is the combination (cocktail) of Phentermine (the "Phen") and a low dosage of Prozac (the "Pro"). Any one of the following antidepressants: Zoloft, Celexa, Luvox, Trazadone or Effexor may be used in lieu of Prozac.

The use of the antidepressant in the Phen-Pro cocktail is unrelated to depression. The cocktail is necessary because the effects of Phentermine, when used alone, lessen over time. The Phen-Pro cocktail enables Phentermine to work better and for a longer period of time.

Phen-Pro is considered an "off-label" use, meaning that the FDA, who often voice concerns regarding the mixing/combining of medications, does not approve it. However, once the agency has approved a drug, doctors may prescribe it at will.

The combination of Phentermine and Prozac does not appear to cause the problems that resulted from the usage of Fen-Phen.

STARTING OUT
    June 16th ~ SW 166

1st MONTH WEIGHT LOSS

If your hungry, eat. Just make wise choices. As long as it is healthy you will be ok. My first 2 weeks I felt hungry. Well I thought it was hunger. It was a kind of burny growly feeling but when I went to eat it turned me off. Not sure if maybe that was a side effect. Also, with the exercise and the phen your metabolism is probably revved. You should eat a bit more when you work out. Again, just make sure its healthy.......hand full of almonds, piece of fruit, veggies....Good luck to you.
    8/07 347 lbs
    3/24/08 319 lbs
    3/30/08 Started Phen
    4/14/08 301.8 my lowest in 13 years!
    4/25/08 296 1 month weigh in-3 weeks on Phen
    5/30/08 281 2 month weigh in
    3/27/08 271 3 month weigh in

1st mini goal: 5/1/08 300 lbs
    2nd mini goal: 7/1/08 280 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Leigh View Post
    I don't know if its just me, but phen works for me in the sense that I just find things unappetizing (sp?). I still get hunger pains if I don't eat alot. When I go to the fridge for a snack I look around and realize I don't really feel like eating anything. Normally, when I'm not taking phen the first thing I see would be a great snack and everything looked delicious. Is it just me? Is it all in my mind?

I feel the same way. I still get hunger pains (I have been on Phen since 02/26) but when I look at the food, fridge, pantry...YUCK, nothing is good. What I do find is that fruit is so much more satisfing to me now! I also have a strong aversion to anything frozen (lean cuisine, etc.).

Have you always exercised that much? I had a problem when I started because I had been sedintary and then when I started, I jumped right into the exercise. I over did it and was supper hungry. I backed off and slowly moved back up. Now I am doing all the exercise I wanted to at the beginning, but without the massive hunger issues. You also need to make sure you eat enough. If your body is really saying you are hungry and you aren't just bored or emotional (That's when I used to over eat. I don't know if you do that, too.) or something, you should eat something.

I also take Lexapro and have not had an issue.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

I hate to say this but your caloric intake is probably not enough. If you are on 700 calories and you're really hungry, listen to your body. I'm thinking that you have to raise your intake a bit, possibly up to 1000 calories. The phen is an aid, you won't be able to exist on 700 calories for the rest of your life and that's what we are training for, the rest of our lives. According to my doctor, if you have too little going in, your body is going to go into starvation mode and it'll try to hold onto everything it has in it, making it nearly impossible to lose weight. If your body gets the fuel it needs, it'll function better, especially when you exercise. I'm not on prozac, so I'm not sure how that effects everything, but I would try to increase to at least 900 calories just to see.

Just a thought

SW 11/28/07 228.5

Last 5 Weigh-Ins
    CW 9/9/08 186.0
    CW 10/8/08 182.5
    CW 11/4/08 182.0
    CW 12/2/08 186.0 no phen for a month
    CW 12/30/08 184.5
    GW 150

Mini Goal # 1 199 REACHED!!!!
    Mini Goal #2 189 REACHED!!!
    Mini Goal #3 179

my doctor has me on the same amount but I take half of it at 11 am and the other half at 3 pm (that might help you) I also find that if I don't have enough protein (at least 20 grams each meal) that I'm starving by the next meal.
    Wearing these white jeans today...12/28/09..but man are they TIGHT!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by breekibuggie View Post
    I started phen yesterday. I took it @ 5:30 am.. Today I didn't take it until 6:30 am..
    I took it again early today because I was having trouble sleeping. I'm on 37.5mg once a day. I am soooo hungry, and yes I'm drinking alot of water... & I'm eating alot of food with fiber. So far today I'm around 700 calories. I've done cardio both mornings 45 mins..and last night 25 mins... Why am I sooooo hungry, I'm actually more hungry now than I was before taking phen.

Ok & the Dr. prescribed me to take my phen with prozac too....I didn't take it because of what posts on here where saying about taking them both together...should I start taking it tomorrow with my phen?

Thanks in advance
    You should talk to your doc about the prozac issue,no one here is qualified to give medical advice.

I don't know if its just me, but phen works for me in the sense that I just find things unappetizing (sp?). I still get hunger pains if I don't eat alot. When I go to the fridge for a snack I look around and realize I don't really feel like eating anything. Normally, when I'm not taking phen the first thing I see would be a great snack and everything looked delicious. Is it just me? Is it all in my mind?
    SW 178 - 11/30/06
    CW 170 - 12/14/06
    CW 167 - 12/28/06
    CW 163 - 1/14/07 stopped taking phen in Jan
    CW 159 - 2/1/07
    CW 155 - 3/15/07
    CW 134 - 5/22/08
    I've been bad!
    CW 138- 6/12/08 Back on Phen starting today
    CW 132- 6/19/08
    CW 130 6/26/08
    GW 120

Around 170 lbs
    About 132 lbs

Smile

I have days when I feel more hungry than others but I try to eat low carb/high protein about every 3 hours and I find that really helps on those days.

I am only taking the Phen with the weekly HCG shots - no prozac so I don't think I can be too helpful! I am sure someone here will give you some great insight though!!

Best of Luck!!!
    6/3/08 - Starting Weight 166
    6/17/08 - 150 - 16 lbs LOST

I take lexapro which is similar to prozac and not having any issues with it. As for why you're starving. I personally think you are taking it too early. I take mine at around 9 or 10. My hungry time of day is always late afternoon evening, so try eating breakfast and maybe taking phen right before lunch. I know the first week sleeping is hard, but... taking it too early is going to leave you starving later.
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Default I have a question...

Thanks in advance

STARTING OUT
    June 16th ~ SW 166

1st MONTH WEIGHT LOSS