Trying to find a weight loss clinic in So. Cal
    Photos
    View albums

www.weightnomore.com is where I go. He has offices in temecula and in newport. I see the head doctor every time I go, I like that. It's approx $150 - $200/mo for visits and meds, but it's been working. I have my second month weigh in tonight.
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

pounds off medical center in chino hills 909-393-4003

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I live in Riverside.

I do understand that a weight loss clinic will require an investment from me, which I am fine with. Although, it seems what other people are paying is more reasonable. I want to research all of my options before I commit to an expensive program when I could get the same service for half the price.

Thanks for the help.
    Shannon

Photos
    View albums

Default Response!

Good morning!

I just wanted you to know that no matter where you go, it will cost you money unless you get your own primary physician to prescribe the phentermine to you. I must say that I am having positive results with the Center for Medical Weight Loss. Yes, it is costly, but its worth it. I have lost a total of 30 lbs. and 31 lbs. of fat. within 3 months -- started March 15th [203 pounds] and ended June 7th [173 pounds]. I will continue and pay every 2 weeks until I get to at least 160 lbs, which my goal weight is 150 pounds.

All diet clinics [Jenny Craig and LA Weight Loss] require you to purchase their food, which is very costly. It adds up to what you would pay at any weight loss clinic. I wish you the very best. I too was moved by the cost, but I was in need of change, so I gave it a try. My first 2 weeks, I lost 9 lbs. The doctor wanted to take the phentermine away from me, but I refused, because I know I was eating the recommened calories they insisted I eat daily. I'm still losing which is good [approximately 1.5 every 2 weeks].

Just remember whatever you do, think of goal to lose weight as a life change. Otherwise, if you consider it a diet, you will definitely gain the weight back. I have heard numberous people state that once they stopped taking the phentermine, they gained weight. Of course they gained weight, they didn't change their behavior towards food nor did they probably eat healthy foods. I have eliminated Dunkin Donuts, cakes, soda, coffee, etc. I do treat myself from time to time, but not every day or every week.

Good Luck!

Ladygirl

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi,

Where in So. Cal are you?
    GO CHARGERS!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Trying to find a weight loss clinic in So. Cal

I'm having a heck of a time right now trying to find a weight loss clinic in Southern California. Does anyone have any experience with a weight loss clinic in So Cal or can anyone recommend a clinic? Or can anyone recommend a doc/ clinic via the internet?

So far the only clinic names I have been able to find in my area are "The Center for Medical Weight Loss" and "A Doctors Weight Loss Clinic". From what little information I have been able to find on these two clinics I think they are a bit over priced. One place wants $170 to start and between $100 to $500 a month after. The other place has a consultation fee of $19, a start up fee of $60, the about $80 a week after that. I have seen other threads on here and I know people are paying way less than that for a visit to a clinic and prescription.

I'm hoping someone here can help lead me in the right direction. I am looking to sign my husband and myself up with a clinic. We have both been dieting, the traditional way, since the begining of the year with minimal results. I've been looking into Phentermine and it seems to be a viable resource for both of us to use for weight loss.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks,
    Shannon