For WeepNWillow!
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

2. Advertising
    advertising

Oh my gosh!! That is so funny!! Small world, huh?
    SW: 307 LBS 9/16/10.
    In 2008 I lost 91 pounds, but I've gained it all back... so here I am, at square one, but not for long.

Diamond Phenster

So glad you are doing well! I completely understand about being active, right now I can't seem to stop either.

(I live a mile off 75 as well, but ummm, In TN, LOL )
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Jacque - Thanks for the 411! LOL! I should just get an iron supplement I guess. Are there bulky carbs in those? Taking some supplements will throw me out of ketosis, but I haven't really been in it lately anyway. I hate it when my husband takes an iron supplement because his sweat smells different. It's weird.

Raquel - You went through Gainesville? I live only a mile from I-75 so you probably weren't far away! And I've just been busy lately and away from the computer more. It's actually a good thing... I have so much more energy after losing so much weight and taking the phen, I get more done around here and do more with the kids. So if I don't post as much don't worry... I'm just off being active!! Thanks for thinking about me though!!

Scat - You're right about doing blood work once a year. I haven't been doing that because I keep telling myself that I'm only 26 and that I just don't need to worry about it. I'm not invincible though.
    In 2008 I lost 91 pounds, but I've gained it all back... so here I am, at square one, but not for long.

Bruising easily is a side effect of phen. I'm not sure why it happens but I noticed it last summer when i starte phen..it also takes a long time for the bruise to heal. I wouldn't panic too much, but you really need to have a regular doctor and get bloodwork done regardless...just once a year just to rule anythng out....

Diamond Phenster

Graphic - don't have an answer for you lady, but wanted to jump on your post to say

I Waved at you when I passed your town last week, LOL And you are doing GREAT w/ your losses. I don't see as many posts from you lately, new photos? how are you doing? still eating the cheesey wafers?
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

I have always been an easy bruiser too.At first I noticed more than usual bruising,but it has seemed to slow down quite a bit.

Bronze Phenster

ok everyone dont panic!!!!
    The phen makes you a little anemic so take a iron pill once a day. You can by them over the counter. I take one my phen dr gives them to as part of the **. Are you eating a lot of diary? That causes anemia as well. I have a bleeding disorder so I know what I am talking about. Just uptake you irons and water, but you can over do it with iron as well and get iron posion, very bad. Other than that take care!
    TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wequX1y/]

[/url]

I rarely drink diet soda, but maybe once or twice a day I drink unsweet tea or a Diet Snapple Green Tea. So I'm really not getting much caffeine compared to how much I used to drink!! And all I eat is meat and green veggies, so I when the nurse mentioned the iron thing I thought that it couldn't be that... but I guess I can't really rule it out unless I do the blood work. I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one with this problem!! The nurse said that bruising is not a known side effect of the medication, so I should basically get it checked out elsewhere. I'll let you know if I follow through with the blood work route. Maybe my body will start to adjust or something...

I was just counting my bruises!! Wow, I've been working in the yard, but, I don't know how all of these bruises happened. I can understand the scratching, from the sticker vines. But, I haven't hit my self on anything.
    Maybe this is something we should all look into.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    Bill Cosby

I have always bruised easily, but I have noticed more bruises than normal lately.

Yeah, I posted something about this a while back. My thought was that caffeine blocks the absorption of iron in the blood. If you tend to drink a lot of caffeine that could be the problem. Also, Phen has some caffeine in it. Lack of iron causes bruises so you might be a little anemic. Try eating more dark green veggies (spinach), cutting out caffeine, and taking a multi-vitamin every day. An extra Vitamin C tab each day will help your body absorb iron naturally through foods.
    My highest weight ever-250-and that was before kids!
    Started Phen on March 2, 2008
    SW- 233.5
    3/08-229.2
    3/15-225.6
    3/22-225.7 (TOM)
    3/29-222.0
    4/26-221
    5/10-218.2 finally below pre-pregnancy weight!
    5/24-219
    6/21-218
    6/28-217
    8/16-215
    9/26-214
    10/22-212
    11/8- 211

Hmmm...i dunno, I was having that same problem and had a blood panel done... They found nothing... does that ease your mind at all?
    Nikki - Looking to divorce BOB...lol, my BIG OL' BELLY!

2/05/08 - 252 lbs (the evil truth)
    6/28/08 - 202 ON MY OWN!!!- Life after Phen

Question Bruising Easily?

Lately I've been bruising really easily. They're not huge bruises or anything nasty... it just seems like I can't take the blows from my 3 year old as easily as I used to. So I'm trying to figure out why I've been bruising easily. The nurse at the clinic just said to go to my PCP and have them do a blood panel. Of course I don't have a PCP... I could probably do one of the walk-in clinics here, but that's such a bummer. (I'm currently between insurance companies.) I know I'm not an old person, but could it possibly be the thinning skin thing? I mean, I'm sure a fatty would have to have more capillaries that a Barbie because there's more surface area, more everything to pump blood to... so would there just be a whole lot of capillaries hanging out in there losing weight so quickly? Maybe a lot closer to the surface of my skin? Thoughts?

Most bruises form when small blood vessels (capillaries) near your skin's surface are broken by the impact of a blow or injury. When this happens, blood leaks out of the vessels and initially appears as a bluish-black mark. Eventually your body reabsorbs the blood, and the mark usually disappears.... several factors may contribute to increased bruising, including:

• Thinning skin. With age, your skin becomes thinner and loses some of the protective fatty layer that helps cushion your blood vessels against injury. Excessive exposure to the sun can affect your skin much like aging does.
    When bruises indicate more serious problems

Bruising may also indicate something more serious, such as a blood-clotting problem or a blood disease. See your doctor if:
    • You have no history of bruising but suddenly experience bruises, particularly if you recently started a new medication.

These signs and symptoms can indicate that you have low levels — or abnormal function — of platelets, components of blood that help it clot after an injury. To diagnose the cause of your bruising, your doctor may check your blood platelet levels or do tests that measure the ability of your blood to coagulate.
    Found this info here:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/easy-bruising/HQ00355