Anything Over the counter Comparable to Phentermine?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cotterpf
  • 1 Post By Babi91

Thread: Anything Over the counter Comparable to Phentermine?

Phen Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Babi91 View Post
    When I noticed that I was not able to find phentermine over the counter, I started to look for other options like Phen Caps. They really changed the game for me since I can lose weight without worrying about side effects. Another thing that helped me was the energy they gave me, I have to be active all the time for work, and with Phen Caps I even ended-up going to a gym. That wasn't even an option before!

I am so glad I found them, so I love to share my experiences with you guys. You can even take Phen Caps after phentermine to maintain your weight loss.
    I have heard of them they seem to worked for so many people, Once I finish my phentermine journey I will use them to help me maintain my weight loss.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie

When I noticed that I was not able to find phentermine over the counter, I started to look for other options like Phen Caps. They really changed the game for me since I can lose weight without worrying about side effects. Another thing that helped me was the energy they gave me, I have to be active all the time for work, and with Phen Caps I even ended-up going to a gym. That wasn't even an option before!

I am so glad I found them, so I love to share my experiences with you guys. You can even take Phen Caps after phentermine to maintain your weight loss.
    Malena55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterpf View Post
    Aly,

You are right and I'm sure the original poster is still not following this thread, yet you and I both found it, right?. I also notice that you have been on and off Phentermine a couple of times. I have read that Phentermine should only be used for a maximum of 12 weeks, so... perhaps you too may find some benefit in what I have written. If what I posted can help even one person, then it was worth it.

I have been struggling with my weight all my life and really never had it under control until I went to a physician and was diagnosed with Metabolic syndrome. I stopped looking at foods as being low fat or low calorie and started to look at them as being high or low on the Glycemic index. I look at Fats and Carbs now not as something to avoid, yet as Good or Bad. I personally look forward to reaching my goal weight and the challenge of keeping off the weight when I go off Phentermine. Regardless of whether someone suffers from insulin resistance, following a diet High in Protein, low on the Glycemic index, and high in good fats will help them to maintain whatever weight they want to stay at. After endless consultation with my doctor and hours of research, I finally feel I understand what controls fat production. What I know, I have shared in my previous post. I wish you and everyone out there trying to loose weight good luck.

Peace
    well the 12 week thing is just a general guideline most doctors recommend, many of us on this board are or have been on phen for many months. I came on here a year ago thinking that i could lose the weight in a few months and keep it off..well it isnt so easy. Let me tell you, 12 weeks to lose 70 lbs is highly unlikely. I watched what I ate, drank my water, and exercised every day. I lost 45 lbs in 8 months of that weight I lost 20 lbs in 12 weeks. My doctor made me take month long breaks in between taking phen so my heart could have a break. I may be 20 years old but ive battled with weight my whole life as well, my metabolism is shot from years of yo yo dieting and phen is the only tool that keeps me motivated. After losing 45 lbs I was happy, but I got pregnant and miscarried 2 months later, Id like to see any woman go through that and not gain any weight. I just recently got back on phen and am trying to regain control of my body, my hormones, and my emotions. I tried doing it on my own but I didnt drop any weight on my own. I go to a weight loss doctor who says that phen affects a hormone in our brain which tells us when were full and happy. He says that most ppl are never cured of this problem and when they come off of phen they will gain weight back because of the feeling of never being full, in this case he keeps you on low doses of phen so you dont gain the weight back, im lucky to have him. I never said that your information wasnt useful, I share any information I am given. I wish you best luck with your weight loss as well. Most of us are here not just because we like to educate eachother, but because we need motivation and support. your lucky you have that drive that you have.
    Last edited by alykat06; September 30th, 2009 at 04:10 PM.
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs
    5/4 - 264 - 21 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Have lost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Phen Newbie

Thumbs up Good Point....

Quote Originally Posted by alykat06 View Post
    this thread was started back in feb of 2008, I doubt those ppl are still on the boards anymore.
    Aly,

You are right and I'm sure the original poster is still not following this thread, yet you and I both found it, right?. I also notice that you have been on and off Phentermine a couple of times. I have read that Phentermine should only be used for a maximum of 12 weeks, so... perhaps you too may find some benefit in what I have written. If what I posted can help even one person, then it was worth it.

I have been struggling with my weight all my life and really never had it under control until I went to a physician and was diagnosed with Metabolic syndrome. I stopped looking at foods as being low fat or low calorie and started to look at them as being high or low on the Glycemic index. I look at Fats and Carbs now not as something to avoid, yet as Good or Bad. I personally look forward to reaching my goal weight and the challenge of keeping off the weight when I go off Phentermine. Regardless of whether someone suffers from insulin resistance, following a diet High in Protein, low on the Glycemic index, and high in good fats will help them to maintain whatever weight they want to stay at. After endless consultation with my doctor and hours of research, I finally feel I understand what controls fat production. What I know, I have shared in my previous post. I wish you and everyone out there trying to loose weight good luck.

Peace

this thread was started back in feb of 2008, I doubt those ppl are still on the boards anymore.
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs
    5/4 - 264 - 21 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Have lost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Phen Newbie

Smile How to Keep it Off

Did you really make a lifestyle change? Sounds more like you were just crash dieting. Is your plan to stay on diet pills the rest of your life? I hope the reason you were on Phentermine was due to the fact that you were being supervised by a medical professional. If you were, he or she should have explained to you that the Phentermine is there only to help you develop good eating habits by limiting the temptations caused by hunger. It is not there to stop you from eating. If this was your approach, then no wonder your weight is returning.

Your # 1 concern should be Protein. Protein helps to build, repair, and maintain body cells and tissues like your skin, muscles, organs, blood, yet it is also a natural appetite suppressant. You should be eating 20-30 grams of protein (Ie. your average sized prepared chicken breast) 3 times a day along with a balanced meal. To further gain control, eat small healthy snacks in between. If you eat in this manner, you will never overeat as you never allow yourself to become hungry. If you can’t always take time to prepare a proper meal, then I have found protein shakes and bars to be excellent meal replacements when on the go.

A balanced diet, includes not only Protein, yet also Fats, and Carbohydrates which need to be consumed in the right way. Carbohydrates are our bodies’ main source of energy. Glucose is a building block for most Carbohydrates. Conversely, digestion causes Carbohydrates to break down into glucose which then travels through our blood to our bodies’ cells to be converted into energy. The Pancreas produces insulin whose responsibility it is to deliver the Glucose to the cells that require this fuel to produce energy. The cells that need glucose have specific insulin receptors on their surface so that insulin can bind to them, encouraging glucose entry and utilization in the cells. An example of this would be the cells that comprise our muscles and their need for energy as we exercise. The presence of high Glucose levels, like after a big meal, causes the pancreas to produce more insulin than normal in an effort to convert this extra glucose into energy. If you eat foods which produce a large amount of Glucose and you aren’t creating a need for that additional energy through exercise, your cells will reject the insulin and your body will temporarily store some of that surplus glucose in your muscles and liver for use later. When those stores become saturated, however, it is converted and stored as fat.

Complex (Good) Carbs like vegetables take longer to digest, produce less Glucose and are not as easily converted to stored fat by the body where as Simple (Bad) Carbs are digested quickly and produce a large amount of Glucose. Most vegetables are a good source for Complex Carbs, yet some are also high in sugars like Corn And Carrots and should be avoided. White Breads and Pastas, white rice, and white potatoes on the other hand contain large amounts of Simple Carbs. You should be eating 100% whole wheat bread, wheat pasta, sweet potatoes, and brown rice instead as they contain lower levels of these Simple Carbs. Although these natural products are better alternatives, they still do contain some Simple Carbs and is safest to limit portion size.

If there is a constant over abundance of Glucose, the cells will eventually become used to it and become resistant to the insulin. If through Diet, the Glucose level is reduced, the cells take time to become receptive to the insulin again. In some people, this recovery time can be considerably longer. This extreme insulin resistance is known as the Metabolic Syndrome. Symptoms of this can include a 40 inch (or bigger) waist, high triglycerides, high LDLs (Bad Cholesterol) and low HDLs or good cholesterol. This condition makes it harder than normal to loose weight and can also lead to type 2 Diabetes or Heart Disease if left unchecked. There is a genetic predisposition to the Metobolic Syndrome and it is estimated that 1/4 of the US population has this condition.

A Glycemic Index of foods has been created as a reference for the management of diabetes, yet can also be a helpful tool in discovering which foods will help return your Glucose levels to a normal level. People with metabolic syndrome are encouraged to eat foods low in sugar. In doing so, they improve their ability to burn glucose and fat more effectively. Much of the weight loss research now revolves around the treatment of insulin resistance. Again, your weight loss physician should be able to help you determine if you suffer from this. Over the counter Supplements such as Niacin and Alpha Liproic Acid along with a corrected diet can help to balance your sugar levels and to stabilize insulin production. In some cases, your doctor can also put you on Diabetic medication temporarily in an effort to try and improve this condition. This is generally a last resort and is used only after every other attempt has been made to burn fat effectively through diet and exercise.

Fats helps nutrient absorption, nerve transmission, maintaining cell membrane integrity etc. However, when consumed in excess amount, fats contribute to weight gain, heart disease and certain types of cancer. Fats are not created equal. Some fats promote our health positively while others increase our risks of heart disease. The key is to replace bad fats with good fats in our diet. Monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) while increasing HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol). Nuts including peanuts, walnuts, almonds and pistachios, avocado, canola and olive oil are high in MUFAs. Polyunsaturated fats which are generally found in fish oil are also beneficial in lowering LDLs.

Ketchup - One commonly overlooked items to avoid is Ketchup (Not a vegetable). Ketchup is extremely high in sugar through the addition of Corn Syrup. Anything high in Corn Syrup will spike your sugars. There are some organic ketchup alternatives out there, yet just make sure that they are low in sugar and contain no corn syrup. This is also the case with many condiments, sauces, or marinades. Check your labels; you will be amazed how many products have corn Syrup!

Alcohol –Alcohol is tremendously high in sugar and can prevent the Liver from effectively converting Glucose to stored energy. If you must, limit your alcohol to small amounts of Red Wine which has been proven to act as an antioxidant and seems to assist in the efficient digestion of fatty foods.

Dairy – Dairy including cheese is an excellent source of protein, yet due to high saturated fats, should be eaten in moderation

Fruit - Fruits are a source of many vitamins and minerals; they also contains a lot of antioxidants. Unfortunately they are also high in Sugar. I would limit fruit to be eaten only right before exercise when the additional Glucose from this can be burned off.

Water – Water is important in the flushing of impurities from our bodies and aids in the control of appetite by helping to trick the stomach into believing that it contains volume. I would recommend 1 gallon of water a day.

Low fat foods – Do not be fooled by the label. Low Fat can often mean High Carb. Once again check the label

One of the latest trends in diets are the Mediterranean influenced diets. Low instances of obesity and heart disease in this region despite a diet high in fats prompted doctors to look into why. They discovered that a diet with a balance of Complex Carbohydrates, Protein, and good Fats were the reason behind this Phenomenon. There are now endless spin off diets based off of this concept. I just saw one on Good Morning America called the “Flat Belly Diet” and it was obviously based off of a typical Mediterranean diet. Nuts, Cheese, Avacados, Protein, and Vegetables were displayed on the show, yet if you want to pay $19.95 you can get the whole plan.

Your ultimate goal should be a lifetime management of your diet to control weight. For those of you on Phentermine, you may want to try cutting back on occasion to allow yourself the experience of dealing with hunger and how to manage it through diet. You also need to make sure you are eating Protein, drinking water, and exercising. You need to make sure you are thinking about food in terms of it’s Glycemic value and not whether it is low in fat. You have lost the weight, now go learn how to keep it off!
    silverchic likes this.

replotted Cali-girl! via the NH, GA, MD, PA, now WA road!

i look thru the reviews of stuff at ultimatefatburner dot com, they have a lot of info and pick thru the ingredients. i am d trying their recommended lean sys 7...we'll see!

i agree with littlegirlin... ephedra was awesome for me! then are making a cousin of it now that is suppose to have fewer s/e...syephrine or something, haven't taken it though!

good luck, u can be strong! i am not on phen but come here for support and join challenges to help me! u can do this, i know u can!
    1/13-152#
    waist-37" arm-12"
    hips-41" thigh-20.5"
    1/25-150# started cla, lean sys 7
    3/18: 141
    w-36.5 arm-11
    hips-41 leg-21
    bust-40.5 underbust-34
    total loss 3"
    5/1 :138
    7/1: 142
    8/8: went vegan!
    8/20: 136
    9/12: 132
    10/24: 130
    traveling plans: md to pa to wa...still in wa!

t-day goal: 128

What is NV?

A friend of mine took NV and that worked really well for her... you can get it at walmart...
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Silver Phenster

Not since the days of Ephedra!!
    May goal: 150 lb.
    June goal: 140 lb.
    July goal::130 lb.

Bronze Phenster

I found the MiracleBurn review on the Weknowdiets website

Bronze Phenster

My girlfriend could not take Phen, it just did not agree with her. She thougt Hoodia was alot like Phen but natural.

I have no first hand knowledge of this, but I have been doing some reading for when I get off phen and I heard MiracleBurn is one of the best.
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Default Anything Over the counter Comparable to Phentermine?

Hiya all! I have been off Phentermine for about 2 weeks now. After a year of hard work, exercising, watching everything I put in my mouth and changing my lifestle...I lost 70 lbs. Now I have reached my goal and tring to continue my exercise routine which is VERY hard I am afraid of gaining my weight back. I have had a change of lifestyle but now I actually feel my stomach growl and my energy is wilting away. I am strong thus far but am not a "strong-willed person". I wanted to ask if anyone knows of anything I can buy over the counter to help curve my appetite AND give me energy?

Please help and thank you for ALL your support!