Master Cleanse Results??
    Silver Phenster

Thanks for some of the advice here! I too suffer from chronic constipation, especially now on the phen! I can go for a week or more without having a bowel movement at all which I know is not good, but even taking senna tablets do not always help! I think I am going to go to the store and look for some kind of detox program to get things moving as I think I may be starting to get hemorrhoids (I know TMI!) It is scary though because when I do think I have to go sometimes I will be sitting there and I will get really sharp pains in my side like my intestines are tying up in a painful knot and it hurts so bad that I start screaming (I really scared my three year old the other day), so then I laid on my bed in sort of a fetal position to try to stop the pain. I definitely do not wan to have that happen anymore, so I know I better start taking care of myself!

2. Advertising
    advertising

I am going forward and starting the Master Cleanse regimen. My plan is to do this for 35 days, one day for every year that I have been on this earth. I will let you all know how it goes.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by edsbaby View Post
    It sounds like you are more in need of a spiritual renewal than a quickfix. In that case you should probably try something less drastic than the master cleanse. I know several people who have tried it without lasting results. And they were so hungry all the time they didn't get any mental clarity because all they could think about is when will they finally get to eat. I would suggest you try a fast that allows you to eat. May be you could fast between certain hours of the day like 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. During that time you could meditate, pray, journal and concentrate on ways in which you need to improve your life. Maybe it's not just food you need to eliminate but maybe there aer some people and situations that you need to get rid of as well. You could also try giving up you favorite foods that are not good for you body. You know the ones that have continued to eat even though you are trying to lose weight and live healthier.
    That is exactly what I need. Everyday I am struggling with finding a reason to keep going. Whatever it is that I am in need of I have got to find it soon.

Thanks.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Phen Newbie

Im not sure what Master Cleanse it, but I can tell you not to waste your money on "Dual Action Colon Cleanse".
    My hubby did it - followed the directions to a T - nothing whatsoever. Not even extra trips to potty.

Bronze Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I have been thinking of starting the Master Cleanse regimen and I recall of few folks saying that they have tried it. Just want to know what your overall opinion is and the results you got? Please share your experience--------
    It sounds like you are more in need of a spiritual renewal than a quickfix. In that case you should probably try something less drastic than the master cleanse. I know several people who have tried it without lasting results. And they were so hungry all the time they didn't get any mental clarity because all they could think about is when will they finally get to eat. I would suggest you try a fast that allows you to eat. May be you could fast between certain hours of the day like 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. During that time you could meditate, pray, journal and concentrate on ways in which you need to improve your life. Maybe it's not just food you need to eliminate but maybe there aer some people and situations that you need to get rid of as well. You could also try giving up you favorite foods that are not good for you body. You know the ones that have continued to eat even though you are trying to lose weight and live healthier.

Well here I am 6 months later and still contemplating doing the master cleanse regimen. I went out yesterday and purchase all organic ingredients and was planning to start this morning, but I am still unsure if I am ready to make the committment.

For me the cleanse is less about losing weight and more about gaining mental clarity and focus. I have been feeling completely overwhelmed and consumed by life and need to get a handle on this.

If any of you guys have had a positive experience please share.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Silver Phenster

what about the Dr. Natura? ive been considering getting it.. i did well with phen but i cant seem to get it online anymore, im so upset. i was doing great without phen until the holidays, now i just need it for a few weeks to get back on track.. anyways, phen was great, i lost 50lbs with it and kept it off, except as i mentioned the holiday interruption.. its horrible )=

well luck to u all and im here if anyone needs any support, once i get it together again that is

<3 ya girls

Diamond Phenster

Thank you - I'll order some asap!
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Raquel you can only get it online. I didn't experience any cramping at all. The first day I would recommend staying near the potty but you need to understand something. This does not give you diarrhea but (and this is gross) it liquifies everything. But like I said it's not diarrhea that is what it is supposed to do. It is dissolving all the old stuff. I know, gross but it sure made me feel 100% better. And you are supposed to do it for 7 days.

5'6
    SW - 220 3/22/07
    CW - 151 1/13/08
    CW - 150 - GOAL WEIGHT FINALLY MET!!!!!!!!!
    51.75 Inches Lost

Bronze Phenster

I have done the Master Cleanse 3 times. The first time I did it for 14 days. I lost about 20 pounds but once I stopped the cleanse, I gained the weight back and actually ended up heavier than when I started it. I then did the cleanse again for a second time but I don't remember anything about that time. My third time I remember the most. I did it for 21 days! I lost roughly 30 pounds, HOWEVER, I woke up on a Monday (my 22nd day), cried for my husband, looked at him and said "help, I'm dying". He ran to the kitchen and got me some orange juice. Although, during all three times, I felt great, had tons of energy, that 22nd day I vowed I would never do it again.

You lose a lot of weight and fast, but when you stop the cleanse, no matter what you do, you gain the weight back, and actually end up weighing more than when you started. It's not worth it.

Right now, remembering how I felt that last day, I get teary-eyed. I don't recommend doing it. It really is a quick fix but doesn't keep the weight off. I tried everything afterwards to keep it off, but nothing worked.

Best of luck to you, in whatever you decide, but I don't recommend it.
    Merd

master cleanse works because you are starving your body. Doing a cleanse the way Dhenry describes is probably healthier. I bought one for 49.99 from BJ's...just remember it is important to drink ALOT of water while taking the cleanse stuff otherwise you'll get even MORE constipated. I learned that the hard way.....

When you get really stuffed up and are in agony then magnesium citrate works great, but I suggest you don't do it often and on a day when you know you'll be home and able to live in the bathroom..... Get yourself a can of lysol too while you're at it..LOL

Thanks Terilyn and Dhenryhand for the info. I will do a little more research and see what I come up with. I've see that you guys are both still doing great ---so keep it up!

Renee
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Diamond Phenster

Terilyn -

Hi - I just looked up Oxypowder product and had a couple questions if you don't mind.
    Can you buy this at a store? or only online? And when you were talking about how effective it is - does it give you cramps or diarreah (sorry if TMI), I need to know if I have to stay at home for a few days and not run errands, haha
    How long do you take it?

Thank you for any info you can share.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

I have done the 7 day detox. Cost $39.99. I got it from a local Herbal Food Store. It worked wonders on me. I have always suffered from constipation. When I got on the Phen it seems like it got 10X worst, some of you know the story.

The detox helped me only short term, because I suffer with constipation. I had to add Metamucil daily (for fiber) and I also take Phillips Milk of Magnesia once or twice per week.

Yes, I felt the same way terilyn61 felt after the detox. (lighter, smaller waist line, more energized, etc) most of those detox require you to do them continually or at least every 3 months.

By the way, I would not invest in those cleansers that cost $60 to over $100. You will be wasting your money. I found out that all of those advertisement that show pictures of these long string of bowel that look like you just pooped out your intestins while on or after taking this so called cleanser, all that stuff is the husk that's in any over the counter cleansers such as the same Metamucil (berry burst-great taste) I take. Do more research on it, but this is what I found.
    LBS_Be_Gone
    SW : 212 October 1, 2007
    CW: 197 November 30, 2007, started apple detox
    CW: 194 December 1,2007, day 2 on apple detox
    CW: 191 December 2,2007, day 3 on apple detox
    CW: 190 December 3, 2007 finish detox (lost 7lb total)
    CW: 193 December 10, 2007 sick this week, no work-out
    CW: 195 The holidays(ate like a pig)
    CW: 188 First weigh-in for the new year (21 day Daniel Fast)

GW: 150 by my anniversary May 5, 2008

I have never done the Master Cleanse but I did Oxypowder and OMG did it work. I have had constipation problems all of my life but when I took phen I swear I think my green eyes turned brown. I have never in my life! I recommend a cleanse to everyone. My skin cleared up my stomach felt better and I swear I lost inches. I cannot honestly say how many but I know I lost some do to that. Everyone even those that are regular should do it due to the risk of colon cancer. Hope that helped.

5'6
    SW - 220 3/22/07
    CW - 151 1/13/08
    CW - 150 - GOAL WEIGHT FINALLY MET!!!!!!!!!
    51.75 Inches Lost

Default Master Cleanse Results??

Hello Everyone!

I have been thinking of starting the Master Cleanse regimen and I recall of few folks saying that they have tried it. Just want to know what your overall opinion is and the results you got? Please share your experience--------
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2