One month of CLA results!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My results on CLA are ok - not as great as some of you, but I'm hopeful.

waist: 41" 39.5"
    hips: 53" 50"
    thighs: r-27"l-27" r-25.5" l-26.5"
    stomach: 40.5" 39.5"

total weight loss: 32 lbs.
    SW: 231- 7/1/2010
    222 - 8/6/2010

Goal: 190

2. Advertising
    advertising

What is CLA and it's purpose? and can you use it with phentermine?

Bronze Phenster

I have had a bottle in the house for awhile now but I am so lazy about taking them. i really need to get back on the ball especially with the holidays coming up. i am not on phen for now b/c I am trying to do without it, but I would like to see if I can get a few pounds off with the help of CLA and 5htp.

I get the GNC brand. We have the gold card and normally it always seems to be on sale, so it works out well for us. I opt for the CLA instead of the "maximum" CLA they have b/c i have read that the CLA derived from safflower is supposed to be better than sunflower which is what their Max is made with. The one I buy is also tonalin.

My husband had the CLA soup problem when i sent him a bottle in Iraq. I think he even got some of his friends taking it as well. He's big into weights and working out, but also doesn't eat the best (no vegtables) but he recently sent me a picture and whatever he is over there doing, it's doing a body good!

I am going to try and post more as it might motivate me to hop back on the train.

Height- 5'2"
    SW 3/16- 150
    CW 3/23- 142
    CW 5/14- 141 (no pills in a month, plus vacation)
    CW 5/24- 137
    CW 7/05- 135
    Here we go again
    CW 11/11-141 (see what happens when you leave this place?)
    CW 01/03-145
    CW 01/11-143
    CW 01/19-141

Dream GW- 120
    Realistic GW-125/130

Lightbulb

Hi all. Quick question with CLA. Is the only benefit from this is loosing inches? (which is WONDERFUL ofcourse!) But does it have any other benefit to health? For some reason I thought Omega 3-6 was much like CLA?

I'm thinking about trying CLA, but I'm currently taking 1200mg of Omega3 and didn't know if that was overkill!
    5'3, 24 y/o
    HW: 172
    SW: 170
    CW: 140
    1st mini-goal: 133 by Dec 31st
    GW: 125--by Feb 23 (my 25th bday!)

sloooowy getting there!

Ok my results are in and Iam pleased with them...so far so good and Iam going to continue taking them. How about everyone else??? any results?

Bust 49" 46"
    Tummy 50" 45"
    Left thigh 28" 24"
    Right thigh 27" 24"

Question CLA and PHEN

I just went to dr. on the 5th of Oct. he started me on phedimetrazine and a water pill I also requested a vitamin B12 shot. So far I feel good. I had previously purchased CLA and have been thinking to start using w/the phendimentrazine. Has anyone used this combo? any results? I lost about 3-4 lbs, but it is most likely water weight. I have been trying to get my work outs in. I also wanted to know will I get more energy w/phen? Any advice would be greatly be appreciated.

I have started taking the CLA about a week ago (2 1,000 mg gel tabs twice a day) and took my measurements at the same time. I will re-measure myself on 12/3/2007 .... keeping my fingers crossed!!! I also have been taking 1 Super B - Complex vitamin.

Height: 5'9"
    Started phen 8/2007 : 267 pounds
    11-4-07: 227.5 pounds
    GW: 145
    82 more pounds to go!

BUMP.........

I have ordered some CLA and am excited at the prospect.

Every one seems to be seeing good results.

If you dont like the answer, change the question!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

SW 31.03.11 13.07 lb 189 Lbs

CW

GW 126 Lbs

Any updates on CLA usage???

Phen Newbie

Hi all,

It is nice to know that we all are willing to step on a limb for ourselves. Today is my first day taking CLA. I also took my measurements - I will take them again 30 days from today.

So far so good. I took 2 this morning after breakfast and 2 this afternoon after my lunch. I am also going to increase my exercise to 3 times a week and see if I see any additional changes.

One more thing - I also need to increase my water intake during the day.

I will keep you posted!

Well I've been reading about this stuff, and only really jumped on it, when I read the studies done at NIH (National Institues of Health) being that I use to work there, put some validation on this. I ordered two bottles. They were both just $25.00/free shipping. So we shall see. I'm not on PHEN yet, can't find a company I trust...don't know who to order it from...the prices have changed, as in HIGHER than three years ago! LOL
    Toy--

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives.

SW: November 3, 2007-150.00
    GW: 130
    CLA: November 5,2007

Phen Newbie

Hi all,

I too am new to this. I have been taking Phen for 2 months now. My weight loss has be minium but I have noticed that I am losing inches. I was able to get into a jacket that I bought 3 years ago that I had never wore.

I have been reading all these great messages from you all. I love the support that is here! I have been doing jazzercise twice a week for the past 8 weeks and that is helping me too.

I am going to the store today and purchase the CLA. I will take my measurements this evening but will only measure myself once a month.

Good Luck to us ALL!

I will keep you posted!

Happiness

Default Starting tomorrow

I've been lurking in this post for a while and figured I will jump on the bandwagon. I purchased a liquid CLA called Clarinol CLA Plus from bodybuilding . com. Hopefully I'll see results like some of you have.

Phen Newbie

Default question about CLA

Hi guys, I am new to post but have been reading all your postings for a while and find them very encouraging. I first was to wish good luck to all of you.
    I just started the phentermine Tuesday, but had been taking phenzene and HCG shots for a liitle over a month. I stopped the shots about a week ago and wanted to try this CLA you guys are talking about. My question is have any of you tried the THERMO CLA from GNC? The had the regular TONALIN CLA which was cheaper but the man said the Thermo was better it has green tea leaf extract, and caffeine. I bought it but wanted to know your opinions. Please tell me I didnt waste 25.00 on it. I did feel pretty energized after taking it.
    5'8

SW 238
    CW 227
    GW 140

Quote Originally Posted by RockStarQT View Post
    What is CLA?? Thanks
    I wondered the same thing. Here you go.

CLA Tonalin by Natural Factors The nutritional supplement CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) is a slightly altered form of the essential fatty acid, linoleic acid. Over 200 studies have shown that CLA may play a very important role not only in weight loss, but in helping to fight cancer, diabetes, and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). In promoting weight loss double-blind studies show an increase in lean muscle mass and a decrease in percentage body fat compared to placebo group. The subjects taking CLA also reported less fatigue, dizziness and nausea than those on the placebo.

Researchers believe that CLA helps block fat cells that are in the body from filling up with fat by interfering with a fat-storing enzyme known as lipoprotein lipase as well as by increasing the sensitivity of cells to the hormone insulin. CLA is also believed to help burn fat by revving up muscle metabolism and helping increase lean muscle mass. The more muscle you have, the more calories your body uses in order to function, thereby speeding up the fat burning process.

CLA is found naturally occurring in meat and dairy products when the cattle and cows consume a diet rich in grasses. Now that livestock are primarily grain fed, the CLA has virtually disappeared out of dairy products and the meat we consume. As a result, we may be increasing our risk for obesity, heart disease, and even cancer.

All Natural Factors products are manufactured according to Canadian Health Protection Branch Good Manufacturing (GMP), among the highest standards in the world.
    Jennifer
    196 (5/6/06)
    228 (9/1/07)
    230 (10/27/07)
    CAN YOU SAY OUT OF CONTROL!
    CW 232 (11/19/07) 1st day of phen

Hello,

Sorry for being away for a while. I stopped taking Phen again because I just don't feel well from it BUT continued to the take the CLA and feeling good. Def. seeing my body change which is exciting. Of course it isn't happening as fast as when I took the phen but it works for me.

I am taking the CLA buy NOW sports which is combined with Green Tea, Guarana and L-Carnitine. I am not a caffefine drinker so figured the Green Tea wouldn't hurt in the pill. I take 1-2 pills a day and they are 750 mg. I am also watching my diet and exercising everyday so the CLA is more of an aid than the full reason for the body change. I also don't eat after 8pm every night (except of course tonight since we are celebrating a friend's b-day) BUT normally my food is all eaten throughout the day which helps me.

I gained back my weight from not eating and slowing my metabolism down to a crawl so eating small meals trhoughout the day to try and get the metabolism back up as well as keep the blood sugar levels normalized. I have foundthe the CLA does help me with this ironically.

Hope everyone is well and keep up the great work!
    Trying to get on track once again...

REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES AND I GOT PLENTY TO GO AROUND!

Phen Newbie

Okay, I thought I posted last night, but I guess it didn't go through. =(

Short version now...

With CLA, how long should you stay on it (or is it just until you reach desired results)? And also, do changes reverse once you get off of it? I don't think I can afford to take it forever, but I would like to try it. I hope to see a doctor soon and see if phentermine is the thing for me, but in this small town I don't know if he even knows what it is.

Thanks!

I do the same i take two of the 1000mg twice a day, that is the dosage on my bottle. I have been taking the phen and cla together for a few days now and no side effects....
    " Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be" ~ George Sheehan

SPRING FLING.....K.I.S.S.

SW 236lbs(10/10/2007)
    I have lost 66lbs so far.... cannot wait to make it 169lbs

Phen Newbie

I just joined this forum... I was browsing Google for phentermine info and it brought me here. This thread, in particular, is what made me register. =P

I have not yet bought CLA or Phentermine (due to my budget, trying to justify spending the money on it).

I read that Phentermine is habit-forming and to only take it for 12 weeks. If that's true, how long should I then stop taking it before starting again?

As for CLA, is it habit-forming? How long would I need to take it? After reaching my goal and stopping taking it, will I have a negative after-effect from not having the pills?

I'm getting to the point of desperate. =( Last year (August 9th) I had twins when I was only 7 months along due to preeclampsia/toxemia. The swelling went down, but I still have all the added weight (about 45 lbs.), plus another 30 or so I'd like to get rid of besides due to my height. I eat 1200 - 1500 calories a day, mixing it up, and have plateaued after only a 7 lb. loss. So I want all the facts before I reach for something else.

Thanks! =D

Phen Newbie

Wink 5-HTP

what is 5HTP. i am new to all this, i need as much help as possible. thanks

Phen Newbie

What is CLA???

I take 2 of the 1000 mg twice a day.

I have come CLA and its the 1000 mg. The bottle says take 1 with each meal but I notice a lot of you are taking 2. Are you taking the 1000 mg or a smaller mg? Thanks!
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine in 2006, then gained it all back plus some

Restarted Phentermine 11-18-11

someone said they take both earlier

i'm taking mine with my phen--only on the CLA 2 days though

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. September 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM