taking 1/2 of 37.5 mg
    Silver Phenster

About sleeping...I can't answer that for you. Because I've had problems sleeping for about 4 1/2 years now...so the Phen doesn't make a difference to me. I take ambien to help me sleep and I'm fine.

Sorry I couldn't help with the sleep thing!

Started Phen: 10/8/05
    SW: 232
    CW: 207 (-25)

2. Advertising
    advertising

i take 1/2 of the 37.5 white w/blue specks only once in the morning. i've only been taking it for 2 days, but its been working for me. i've lost 5lbs so far. i workout 30 min on tradmill with my heart rate around 140-160 and 30 minutes on weight machines, low weight 45 reps. i do get hungry in the evening and so i eat. for me starving myself is counter-productive. i had steak and broccoli for dinner and when i want a snack i grab a small orange. i'm an emotional eater and am on this journey to transform the way i feel about food. i joke about being a 12-stepper taking it one day at a time. but as each day passes the cravings for my comfort foods decrease. eating is a neccessity and comes down to the choices we make.the real challenge will be weeks or months from now when i'm facing a crisis. will i slip back into old habits or stay the course? with you guys around for support i'm sure i'll be fine.
    “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    - Mahatma Gandhi

height: 5'7"
    heaviest: 293 june '03
    goal weight: 195
    goal date: jan '07
    started phen: 1/3
    sw~275 1/3
    cw~269 1/10

Phen Newbie

I haven't had trouble sleeping but I have been going to bed really late because my husband gets off work late. I may have trouble sleeping when I get back into a regular schedule.

Silver Phenster

I like that idea of eating breakfast and than later on in the day before lunch take 1/2. I too have been only taking 1/2 because I was sick and slowly getting back into the groove with it.
    I do too get hungry in the evening I may try that tomorrow.

I have 1 question do you have trouble sleeping?
    Since I just started again I am having trouble.
    I know my body has to adjust to it again, since I just started but I thought if I do take it at 11:30 AM I may have trouble sleeping.

I use to only take half and done fine.I couldnt handle the side effects.

Silver Phenster

I eat a small, nutritional breakfast every morning. Then, about 11:30 or Noon, I take 1/2 of a 37.5 mg. Phen. I wait about a half hour to an hour and then have lunch. I'm good to go until about 6:30 pm and then I have supper.
    I'm following the WeightWatchers Points plan.
    So far I've lost 25 pounds since October 8, 2005 (the day I started Phen)...and I haven't exercised yet!!! Gosh I've got to make time!!! But I don't sit around on my double bubble I do get things done. My house has never been so clean and organized!!! Energy is one of the greatest side-effects I've ever had!
    Good luck to all!

SW: 232
    Started Phen: 10/08/05
    CW: 207 (-25)
    (I didn't take Phen over the holidays, but I was able to maintain and didn't gain a pound!!!)

I take half. Since I'm not a big breakfast eater, I take it later around 10-11am so that it lasts later in the day.

L J

When I was on Phen I only took half of a 37.5 in the mornings. I did get a bit hungry later in the evenings sometimes, but it wasn't impossible to ignore. You can look in my siggy for how much weight I lost and how fast.

Good luck!
    Height: 5'2"

Start weight: 145lbs (Jan. 24, 2005)
    Week one: 141 (Jan 31)
    Week two: 139 (Feb 7-TOM)
    Week three 135 (Feb 14)
    Week four 132 (Feb 21)
    Week five 128 (Feb 28)
    Week six 125 (March 6)

Took a break, life happened, gained a lot back, starting back soon!

I take half in the morning and half in the afternoon. It kills the side effects and prolongs the effectiveness for me.

Dee
    SW 192
    CW 151
    GW 130

Phen Newbie

I was curious as to if man of you have had good experiences taking just half of the 37.5 mg white with blue specks. I was on phen in the summer taking the whole 37.5 and had alot of side effects from it. I just started taking it again this week. I seem to be doing fine with it. I do get a little hungrey late in the day but I am managing with that. I am just afraid I won't lose as much weight taking half. opinions?