Low libido anyone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Photos
    View albums

In case it isn't said I just want to thank Mark for his candidness. I also agree with him.

Another thought (in addition to age & hormones) would be that dropping weight changes the way we see ourselves. How many people refer to themselves as getting "sexier" as they lose weight. For many people the idea of seeing themselves as sexy is both exciting and frightening. I guess I'm saying there can be a number of psychological aspects associated with libido loss. Perhaps you could find some ways to make the intimacy more appealing- for example romantic dinner or back massage preceding. My 2 cents.

1/28/06 SW 218
    2/28/06 CW 204.5 (-13.5")
    3/31/06 CW 197.5 (-7")
    4/30/06 CW 190 (-7.5")
    5/31/06 CW 181 (-11")
    6/28/06 CW 177 (-1.5")
    7/31/06 CW 173 (-2.5")
    8/31/06 CW 170.5 (-4.5")
    9/29/06 CW 165 (-5.0")
    10/31/06 CW 163

And the tougher it gets
    And the more that I sweat
    And the harder it fights
    And the deeper it bites
    I'm one step closer to home

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I'm a guy..so not sure if this topic would apply to me..lol. Phen certainly hasn't affected my libido. If anything the 34lbs lost has increased it..as I no longer feel like my heart is going to bust out of my chest from the "physical activity"..lol. However my GF is 45 and I have noticed her libido has dropped (thankfully she had a very high libido..so it hasn't disappeared..lol) along with other tell tale signs
    of perimenopause. If you are anywhere near that age it could be that as well.

Now from a guys point of view...be aware of your hubby's needs too. If you have zero libido and keep pushing him away he will either resent your weight loss and truly chalk it up to getting yourself "sexier and healthier" for someone else (I get the little comments too on occassion about all the ladies on here..lol)or he will think if you won't occassionally satisfy his needs he'll go look elsewhere as well. Basically remember there are two of you in this relationship and while it is wonderful that you are making these changes for yourself, don't go push him away in the process. but then again I'm a guy and what do I know..lol

SW (11/27/07) - 331lb
    Dr Visit (12/26/07) - 310 (21 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (01/23/08) - 297 (34 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (02/26/08) - 290.5 (40.5 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (03/26/08) - 283.7 (47.3 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (04/23/08) - ???

Mark

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I too have always had a low libido.. but mine also seems lower than before. I'm not sure if it's the phen. I think it could be a combo of the weight gain and phen. I'm only 30 and my libido is driving me ( and my boyfriend) nuts.
    I'm like you Leo2727.. I could live without it. I'd rather go to sleep. I would like it to get better though, just don't know what to do about it. When I was 30 pounds lighter I still had zip.
    Let me know if you find anything that will work.
    SW 167
    CW 163
    GW 130-135

<a href="http://http://http://http://http://http://www.TickerFactory.com/" target="_blank">

[URL="http://www.GlitterMaker.com/"] </a>

Photos
    View albums

I had a dreadfully low libido in my twenties but for the past few years it has been quite high. I've not noticed any difference since taking phen. My husband usually has to ask me to leave him alone.

1/28/06 SW 218
    2/28/06 CW 204.5 (-13.5")
    3/31/06 CW 197.5 (-7")
    4/30/06 CW 190 (-7.5")
    5/31/06 CW 181 (-11")
    6/28/06 CW 177 (-1.5")
    7/31/06 CW 173 (-2.5")
    8/31/06 CW 170.5 (-4.5")
    9/29/06 CW 165 (-5.0")
    10/31/06 CW 163

And the tougher it gets
    And the more that I sweat
    And the harder it fights
    And the deeper it bites
    I'm one step closer to home

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I am sorry to hear about the low libido. Right now, I seem to be thinking about sex more often. Could be the phen, more energy, less tired=more interested. Or could be the fact that I am working out more, and losing some weight, so I feel better about myself. At any rate....I hope it doesn't go away anytime soon.

Photos
    View albums

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? I am 45 (what they call "perimenopausal) and I recently had a THOROUGH check-up (all kinds of hormone levels, etc.). Several things were not in balance, which really is normal for my age, but I didn't like how I was feeling. If you typically have low libido something hormonal might not be right. I started taking bioidentical hormones the same time as I started taking phen. Everything is better now ....
    5'2"
    SW 163
    CW 148
    GW 120 (toned)

PirateQueenApril

I had alot of it before and not much now. I think sometimes it is because I have so many more activities on my mind now. I hope that's it anyway. I don't want mine to stay gone!

PQA

Photos
    View albums

My libido left with my hysterectomy. One thing I can say is I am starting to feel better about myself with the weight starting to come off. Me feeling better, feeling sexier, is a good thing as odds are hubby will get a lot more with a lot more spontaneity as I lose even more.

SW 218
    CW 184.5
    GW 140

02/08/06 218
    03/08/06 202.5
    Hit 1st goal. ONEDERLAND!!
    04/08/06 194
    08/08/06 184.5 Starting over after medical issues without my phen

Photos
    View albums

Well, I have to say that ever since I started Phen my libido is gone. I mean I don't want to get too personal, but I've always had low libido, but now is totally gone. I can say that it's been almost two months since hubby and me NADA. He's starting to get annoyed, but I can't stand him even touching me. Sex, is not on my mind at all. He doesn't know I'm on Phen, because if he did he will probably ask me to stop taking them. He doesn't like for me to be in any kind of diet pills. Has anybody else experience this? To tell you the truth I'm fine without sex, but like I said he's starting to get upset and that annoys me. The poor thing thinks I'm getting it somewhere else. He thinks I'm having chats with some guys 'cause I've become addicted to this site, every chance I get, I'm here reading this site. Ever since I found this site It has helped with my weight loss, I just wanna say I am so glad I found it , because before I would take Phen off and on, because I thought I was the only one with the weird effect and would scare me so I would stop. But I found you guys and now I know it's ok, everybody experiences this weird effects and thanks to you I stuck in there, and the side effects did go away and I've lost weight, finally. Anyways this site is a great motivator for me. Thanks for being here you guys. And again if anyone has the same low libido let me know please so I know I am not the only one. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2