URGENT WARNING
Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: URGENT WARNING

The fire in your thighs. slowfoot's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks, Missus. The baby's not mine, that's my neice, Aubrey.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Now I am wondering if Jack was PM'ing you about the whole GWB topic, cuz he never posted to it that I recall.

Did you think I posted this topic? Are you referring to me?
    Height: 5'8
    HW:225 6-30-04 Right after baby
    SW:195 8-30-05
    CW:191 8-31-05
    CW:189 9-1-05
    CW:186 9-9-05
    CW:184 9-12-05
    CW:180 9-17-05 Down 38in since 8/30
    CW:178 9-23-05
    CW:177 9-24-05
    CW:175 10-4-05
    CW:174 10-5-05
    CW:171 11-7-05
    CW:170 11-9-05
    CW:169 11-23-05
    CW:169 11-28-05
    CW:167 12-06-05
    CW:163 01-01-06
    CW:160 01-23-06
    CW:161 03-28-06
    CW:165 10-24-06
    CW:159 03-27-07
    GW:145
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Fitness is a journey, not a destination... it must be continued for the rest of your life!

In life, what sometimes looks like the end is really a new beginning!

Sometimes there is no next time, no second chance, no times out... Sometimes it's now or never!

Chocolate-a-holic
    Photos
    View albums

Originally posted by justmarried521:
    Well said brismommy, and you are more than welcome to post your opinion. I believe there is freedom of speech here in Phenland too.
    :blabla:

[ January 05, 2006, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Determined1-- derland here I come ]

Wonder Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I think this is funny-why? Well, I posted a cute joke about George Bush awhile back and the same one who posted this joke rode my a** about it!! See what goes around comes around!!! God pays back in strange ways :heartpump: And NO I DON'T hate Georgie

Slowfoot-you look like Phillis from the Y & R HOT HOT HOT

Photos
    View albums

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. United States of the offended... LOL!! How true. You must try so hard to be politically correct. I think we need to listen to that song, "Every Day People".

I really do empathize with the minorities here in America. I am in no way racist - I hate all people the same (j/k). There are ugly people in every race. Shallow-minded, hateful, unwilling to understand. The ONLY gripe I have is that if people want to come to America there should be a stipulation that they have to adapt to OUR ways of life, language, etc., not the other way around. Like at my daughter's school they have to say the Pledge of Allegiance in English, then Spanish.

It will take a lot of work if we want our melting pot to work in America. White people need to be more respectful, accepting and patient. I think they need to take the first step. But it takes two to make it work so if they do this, the minorities would have to let go of resentment, anger and forgive. Then we could all appreciate each other's differences and admire them instead of hating them.

I thought the joke was kinda funny (it was just like an observation we have all noticed I'm sure), but can see how someone might be offended -- in which case they could have politely said so.

Purple People Eater
    Photos
    View albums

Slowfoot, you look great!! And, what's this, you have a lil one? Congratulations girl. I'm so happy for you.

Missus

Hard work has made it easy. That is my secret. That is why I win.

-Nadia Comaneci

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

mcwilcut - in your post you stated that there was not anything mentioned about race, and that is correct. (In the initial joke that is)

I believe I was the one who mentioned race only because a vast majority of profiling is racial but following that I incorporated creed (any system of principles or beliefs), which there is just as much profiling against this matter. I in-put below the comment I am referring to of mine.

I would like to add that when we were attacked (9/11) it was all of us as a nation. So, all of us includes every color and creed that lives and breathes, and gives back to society in our nation.

I have to agree that this has gotten out of hand and yes a lot of people are passionate about their beliefs. I for one am absolutely against any type of profiling.
    Although it is an absolute to agree to disagree in any subject matter such as this.

I think that this mainly was kicked off (if you will) by the lady justmarried521 and how she was going on about terrisom and how by basically being a paying patron to people of other "creeds" i.e. middle eastern and what have you, that she would be supporting "them" and "terrisom", and she refused to do it. Among her other comments this was very aggravating and sad to read all at once.

I am not attacking her in anyway, in my post there was some anger but I more wanted to know -why- and where it was coming from. More so reasoning and trying to find out reason. Granted this is not business, but she put it out there and I wanted to know why. I feel you can not advocate your purpose with out reason, and that was my intent.

I would like to think that I was not too crass in my post. If so I hope I did not offend anyone.

The joke was for better words not in good taste, because it is poor etiquette for posting or emailing among people you do not know personally.... on certain subject matters.
    People in general are fickle and get rubbed wrong easily at times.

Before I sign off I would like to add that as much as this seems negative in regards to the post on this subject. A lot of individuals get caught up while expressing their views and lash out. Nevertheless - it is wonderful to see there are some many advocating the whole non-racial, non-profiling acts. It takes one to stand and the rest will soon to follow. It is awesome being an American!!

Oh and one more thing (I promise
    In reference to therightrhodes question/comment about the labeling, I agree with you I think what it is, is all about defining. I think that goes back in history for the most part certain races of people were labeled one way and as time progresses it becomes more liberated. It is important for individuals to hang on to their roots and possibly that is why. I don’t know it may get confusing I assume because for instants as you mentioned -African American-. An -A- typical way of seeing this would be if you’re -black- then you’re African American. This is not true though, a lot of black people’s roots are not even associated from this part of the world. If I am not mistaken some even go back to Egypt and their fellow ancestors did not migrate from Africa. For instance my son his father is black, and his people migrated from France. There is no evidence that any of his ancestors migrated from Africa. Do you see where I am going with this? Most of this is my opinion and a lot of it is text book facts.

The in-betweens make a difference -yes-, but at the end it is all the same. So with that out come why not make peace at it. (I hope that makes sense)

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

mcwilcut - in your post you stated that there was not anything mentioned about race, and that is correct. (In the initial joke that is)

I believe I was the one who mentioned race only because a vast majority of profiling is racial but following that I incorporated creed (any system of principles or beliefs), which there is just as much profiling against this matter. I in-put below the comment I am referring to of mine.

I would like to add that when we were attacked (9/11) it was all of us as a nation. So, all of us includes every color and creed that lives and breathes, and gives back to society in our nation.

I have to agree that this has gotten out of hand and yes a lot of people are passionate about their beliefs. I for one am absolutely against any type of profiling.
    Although it is an absolute to agree to disagree in any subject matter such as this.

I think that this mainly was kicked off (if you will) by the lady justmarried521 and how she was going on about terrisom and how by basically being a paying patron to people of other "creeds" i.e. middle eastern and what have you, that she would be supporting "them" and "terrisom", and she refused to do it. Among her other comments this was very aggravating and sad to read all at once.

I am not attacking her in anyway, in my post there was some anger but I more wanted to know -why- and where it was coming from. More so reasoning and trying to find out reason. Granted this is not business, but she put it out there and I wanted to know why. I feel you can not advocate your purpose with out reason, and that was my intent.

I would like to think that I was not too crass in my post. If so I hope I did not offend anyone.

The joke was for better words not in good taste, because it is poor etiquette for posting or emailing among people you do not know personally.... on certain subject matters.
    People in general are fickle and get rubbed wrong easily at times.

Before I sign off I would like to add that as much as this seems negative in regards to the post on this subject. A lot of individuals get caught up while expressing their views and lash out. Nevertheless - it is wonderful to see there are some many advocating the whole non-racial, non-profiling acts. It takes one to stand and the rest will soon to follow. It is awesome being an American!!

Oh and one more thing (I promise
    In reference to therightrhodes question/comment about the labeling, I agree with you I think what it is, is all about defining. I think that goes back in history for the most part certain races of people were labeled one way and as time progresses it becomes more liberated. It is important for individuals to hang on to their roots and possibly that is why. I don’t know it may get confusing I assume because for instants as you mentioned -African American-. An -A- typical way of seeing this would be if you’re -black- then you’re African American. This is not true though, a lot of black people’s roots are not even associated from this part of the world. If I am not mistaken some even go back to Egypt and their fellow ancestors did not migrate from Africa. For instance my son his father is black, and his people migrated from France. There is no evidence that any of his ancestors migrated from Africa. Do you see where I am going with this? Most of this is my opinion and a lot of it is text book facts.

The in-betweens make a difference -yes-, but at the end it is all the same. So with that out come why not make peace at it. (I hope that makes sense)

[ January 05, 2006, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: JaeLaFon ]

Photos
    View albums

lol

This site is so agonizingly slow to load, I can't take it. And to actually post, I should be on the clock I tell ya!

Photos
    View albums

ROUND AND ROUND....

HI slowfoot... I totally agree with you! surprise surprise!!! And may I ask where have you been hiding!!

Judy :heartpump: Shall we call in the "flock"
    :heartpump:
    TAMPA

Photos
    View albums

lol

I am shocked how many of you are shocked by the shocking reactions.

The wheels on the bus go round & round.

Photos
    View albums

Juanice, please don't be depressed. Especially over something like this. A lot of it makes a difference where we all live and what kinds of people we grew up with and see on a regular basis. I'm not around as much diverse culture as a lot of other people. Your thoughts and ideas went just as far as everyone elses. People believe what they want to believe and one thread of messages going to change that. You and I get along good enough that a disagreement isn't going to get us down. Like Ebony said, there's not one right answer. I totally understand what you are saying and I 100% see your point. I really honestly do. Basically, our ONLY disagreement between you and I is that you see degrees to stereotypes and sins. I don't. I think wrong is wrong regardless of how wrong it is. You know what I mean? How about you and I just put this totally behind us. You won't see me post any more of this subject on this thread. If you want to respond to me, PM me and we'll make it a little more personal. Really, as big as it may seem, our disagreements really aren't that far off of each other. When the conversation is heated, things seem to be magnified compared to the way they really are. You have just as much respect as you had before. One thread and one opinion is NOT going to mess that up unless it's real crazy. The disagreement is about half and half here. It will NEVER be resolved. Time to get back to inspiring and losing all our body fat.
    Have a great day!

Trent

Before

3/16/2006

Start Date: November 12, 2005
    Mini-goals (300 and 235)
    Ultimate Goal (190)

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I agree with Trent that this will never be solved. Rasicm is alive and well in America. Although a specific color/race was not technically spelled out it was implied. I never stated anything derogatory about another poster. I addressed my issue with the person intended.

mcwilcut stated:
    "Those who did not like the joke labeled the poster
    and those that laughed as a racist,classless,Ignorant and pathetic person."

I did no such thing.

mcwilcut stated:
    "The thought that it is ok because you can, diet, change hair color
    or others so that your not being part of the joke, is very hypercritical if you trying to tell others what is appropriate and what is not. Then to tell others
    not to reply to your post, that its just your 2c. Did you not just reply to some ones post?"

My post was misconstrued and took out of context. Furthemore, I am being confused with someone else. I never told anyone not to respond to me. I am not being hypocritical or hypercritical. I am trying to have an adult exchange--on a touchy subject. Yes things are out of hand--I'm sad about that. Peoples defenses kicked in. It was never intended by me as an assault on the poster. I think he understood that. Now for the blonde stuff. I still do not see the comparison. Apples and Oranges. Maybe I should start a college and give scholarships to The United Blonde Fund of America. So all the blondes that have been pilidged and plundered and stripped of thier rights can have a chance in this society. Being that I am Blonde and my kids are Blonde. It has been so hard for us you know. At least then I would learn how to spell.
    I was trying to get the point across in my previous posting that it wasn't the same--Obviously I did a lousy job. Your right it is not my place to tell anyone(except my children--which at times is ignored) what is appropriate are not. I never pretended it was. I stated my oppinion and the reasons/mindset that supported it. I really try to give well worded responses. I put so much thought into what I post.

I post to give my oppinions, ask a question and to understand. Trent you gained even more of my repect by asking an honest question to someone and getting back a thoughtful reply. I am sorry if I missed the mark with your job...I felt in my oppinion occasional ribbing of a government job just wasn't as bad. I could be wrong. I wish I had the opportunity to do a few things over and maybe I would have chose such a profession. But I don't see how you can compare it thats all. I am all for improving oneself and situation. I am on that journey myself. I am not of the belief that all is equal. A stereo-type is a stereo-type. A sin is a sin. I believe there are degrees. I have only my own moral compass to guide me. I believe Knowledge is Power, This is the Great American Melting Pot and School House Rocks. I am not the majority in my house--my oppinions don't amount to a whole hill of beans there either. I don't have influence or power. I'm not especially liked or in the popular crowd, especially now. One thing I have learned is 1 negative word will go alot further than 100 positive ones. I will share my ideas, heart, thoughts and in kind I am receptive to others also. I guess I'm done. I just feel really depressed. I just thought things were further along than this.

Back to my weight loss journey and to find some inspiration....

Juanice

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Can someone please tell me where it says anything about race or color?
    If you think all members of the Taliban or convenience store managers are
    a certain color/race, well then that's your bias. No one else's. Race and color have been
    interpreted by your own thoughts.

Photos
    View albums

Hey Boney, how's me gurlie, I sure have missed ya and I did see where your a s s thinned as well :heartpump: I'm so proud of ya

Tammy :heart:

Photos
    View albums

Hey Princess, beautiful remodel and beautiful home..

Wonder Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I have a head ache from just reading this

Hi Ebony :heartpump: Hey were the same bust size now :blabla:

Photos
    View albums

My *** is smaller too Tammy :blabla:
    What up hot mama? I luv your pic

Yeah it was a joke but not everyone has the same sense of humor.
    What if someone said hey! Global warning: we better stop fighting with Africa before all the cab drivers quit and the bananas come up missing!
    What's the difference in this comment and jacks? It's in poor taste!It's insulting and if it does not pertain to your race you wouldn't find it insulting unless you had some sense ! Good day! :blabla:

starting weight august of 2007 ,250
    cw:185 pounds
    goal weight: 150
    No longer on phentermine since august of 2007.

Photos
    View albums

Like I said, "HAPPY NEW YEAR"

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I must say I find this all very funny.
    This all started as a joke, meant to make some laugh. Those who did not like the joke labeled the poster
    and those that laughed as a racist,classless,Ignorant and pathetic person. WOW all from telling and laughing at a joke.
    Hypocrisy Knows no bounds.
    By the same way you said others labeled minorities in America, you have just labeled any who thought this was funny.
    You did this by just using your own definition of what is ok to joke about and what is not. Any joke, is poking fun at something!
    Have you never laughed at a blonde joke? Does that make you a blonde hater? The thought that it is ok because you can, diet, change hair color
    or others so that your not being part of the joke, is very hypercritical if you trying to tell others what is appropriate and what is not. Then to tell others
    not to reply to your post, that its just your 2c. Did you not just reply to some ones post?
    I think some look to lash out and call others out before looking at what they do themselves.
    It was a joke not a definition of some ones character.

Photos
    View albums

Thank you very much Tammy! You always know just what to say girl!

Photos
    View albums

:heartpump:

Damn Jack, you done gots it goin' today

Hello to all of me Phen Phrends, just thought I would pop in and say that today is a very beautiful day, the sky is blue, the clouds are floating past, the brds are chirping, the children are laughing, I managed to eat healthy, I walked 6 miles, which means my a s s may be a bit smaller today than yesterday, and will definitely be smaller tomorrow than today and have I said that I believe all of you are beautiful, intelligent, loving, individuals that I truly adore and admire. I believe in all of you and I believe that this is going to be such a positive, awesome Year of 2006 and what bright and prosperous opportunities lie ahead for each and everyone of us

Have a super, fabulous, wonderful, spectacular day, and remember, go look in the mirror, I pormise you will meet the mst beautiful person in the world looking right back at you :heartpump:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Photos
    View albums

Hey it aint ALWAYS like this.... Just whenever we get off the subject of weightloss or food....lol :spider_red:
    Height: 5'8
    HW:225 6-30-04 Right after baby
    SW:195 8-30-05
    CW:191 8-31-05
    CW:189 9-1-05
    CW:186 9-9-05
    CW:184 9-12-05
    CW:180 9-17-05 Down 38in since 8/30
    CW:178 9-23-05
    CW:177 9-24-05
    CW:175 10-4-05
    CW:174 10-5-05
    CW:171 11-7-05
    CW:170 11-9-05
    CW:169 11-23-05
    CW:169 11-28-05
    CW:167 12-06-05
    CW:163 01-01-06
    CW:160 01-23-06
    CW:161 03-28-06
    CW:165 10-24-06
    CW:159 03-27-07
    GW:145
    Fitness is a journey, not a destination... it must be continued for the rest of your life!

In life, what sometimes looks like the end is really a new beginning!

Sometimes there is no next time, no second chance, no times out... Sometimes it's now or never!

Photos
    View albums

Well said brismommy, and you are more than welcome to post your opinion. I believe there is freedom of speech here in Phenland too.

Photos
    View albums

WOW! I'm new to these boards, but I think it's crazy that a simple joke can fuel so much anger. Every joke is aimed at someone and someone is always going to be offended. Everyone just needs to learn to laugh. Laughter is the best medicine. Everyone is going to have issues with something at some point in time. There is no reason to drag people through the mud because you get your underwear in a bunch. The world would be a much better place if people could laugh things off instead of turning to anger. Just my .2 cents though. Not sure I should even post this and possibly add fuel to an already explosive fire.
    This is me at 208 April 2005

5/24/06

Overall Goal

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast