Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By redroses4me
  • 1 Post By beckyinvb
  • 1 Post By Beth E

Thread: Dr's who give out phentermine

Photos
    View albums

Question

Question for everyone.....I finally found a Dr in my area who see's patients for weight control. I have an appointment the beginning of next week and want to go prepared. He will see me for my first visit and do the whole check up thing, make sure I don't have high blood pressure and all that good stuff. Then he'll give me the low mg of phentermine for 1 week, then I go back to check in and if all is well he'll increase it and give me a month's supply. I asked if I couldn't just get a prescription since I have a prescription plan and it would be cheaper for me and his receptionist told me no he doesn't write prescriptions he hands out the pills there. Should I be skeptical of this?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thats the way my doctor does it too. He gives me 2 weeks at a time and every 2 weeks that I go, they weigh me, take blood pressure and give me a B12 shot.

They told me they do that because they want to monitor everything...
    START: 198 3/21/07
    CW: 195
    CW: 192 4/11/07
    GW: 160
    HEIGHT: 5' 9"

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Mine too but I go every 4 weeks. I am going to go every other week to get the B12 shot though.

Photos
    View albums

Same here..every 2 weeks for shots, once a month for pills. If you want to use your insurance you should try going to a regular family practice Dr.
    4-1-07- 217
    8-4-07- 186
    8-10-07- 176
    11-10-07- 170!! Woo hoo!! (almost 50)

[/url[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weUejYD/]
    ]

Photos
    View albums

What does the B12 shot do? My regular Dr. won't write me an ** b/c she doesn't beleive in diet pills.
    Cabin87 likes this.

Photos
    View albums

My primary dr. prescribed it to me, I actually went to him and asked for it..He did blood test to check my thyroid, and also an ecg of my heart.

He gave me a prescription for 30 days and 2 refills. Once I finish the last pill I have to go back for a check in visit, then after one month break I get started on it again.

In 2005 i went to a quack dr and got it - and was taking and HCG shot once a week. The diet he had was 600cals/2weeks then 800 the next 2 weekss then 1000 the next 2 weeks
    Then you start the cycle back over.

Yes I lost lots of weight but put my body through H%^L in the process. I was basically teaching my body to trick itself into starvation!

I gained it all back plus 20. (total of 70lb weight gain)

I would say check with your primary dr first!
    *Ashley*
    VPGF to Sgt. Jes
    *Welcome Home*

Short term goal:

Longterm goal:

Photos
    View albums

I used to go to a bariatric doctor, and she would sell the medicine herself. I thought there was a change in the law, and then she couln't fill the prescriptions in her office. Maybe that was just a change in Virginia. I would think your doctor prefers to sell it out of his office so he can make a profit on it versus the pharmacy making the profit. I wish primary care doctors were more willing to prescribe it!
    Cabin87 likes this.
    Bec
    179.5 CW 1/12/10 (re-starting Phen)
    171 2/3/10
    159.5 5/5/10
    150=GW

Photos
    View albums

Well out of the 2 primary dr's i have had they would it was just gettin my ins. to cover the phen. Which my ins will cover the dr. visit but not the phen. He writes it out for adipex and i get generic which is phen its about right at 40 bucks to get it filled!

the bariatric dr's around here are 100+ a month! which i paid that before! but now it is ridiculous i just go to my dr, pay my co pay of 20 big bucks and get my prescription for 40...so im saving 40+ doing it this way!
    *Ashley*
    VPGF to Sgt. Jes
    *Welcome Home*

Short term goal:

Longterm goal:

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I go to my dr. every 4 weeks to weigh and check vitals and talk about progress.I get 28 37.5 pills each time in a bottle with my name handwritten and he doesnt bill insurance.Its 50 for visit and 55 for pills.I take 4 of my firends each time w/ me and were all out in about 20 minutes.So he really makes the money.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Diet Doctors like this have been around for many many years. My monther & father both saw a diet doctor like 25 years ago and got there pills straight from the doctor. I go to a diet dr. too, simply because my primary care physician won't prescribe phen for me so I have no other choice but to pay the higher price. I'm sure the reason they charge more for the pills is for profit...Hope this helps..Good luck.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

oh so pretty...have you looked into getting it filled at walmart or costco? i go there and it's sooo much cheaper! just thought i would share!
    "i don't want to be rich. i just want to be wonderful." Marilyn Monroe

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Oh so pretty.. you may want to call around. The most in my area I have seen price wise is about $25...
    And for me I was going to a weight loss dr also. He had you in and out pretty quick. For me the meds and visit was $49... I don't have insurance so I know that a primary care dr would cost me more just to go in there plus the pills. Worked out better for me!

Photos
    View albums

I am in the UK so the insurance situation doesnt arise for me, my GP would not prescribe So I see another dr at a "Diet Clinic" for my phen, he also weighs me and takes my blood pressure at the same time and dispenses the pills there and then. It costs £35 for 3 weeks tablets.

If you dont like the answer, change the question!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

SW 31.03.11 13.07 lb 189 Lbs

CW

GW 126 Lbs

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have also called some of the docs in my area and they don't want to file with insurance and they also dispense the pills at their office instead of giving a prescription. One office told me that I could file it with insurance myself. I have no idea how to do that! My insurance is great and they would pay for office visits and the prescription. This must be some type of money maker for the docs, i guess.....

Photos
    View albums

Angry

I got them from my doctor via a script! My insurance does not cover them, so it's $40 for the 15mg. Next month I'm on the 30mg. Ill let you know how much they are for a month.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I get a prescription from my general practitioner. HAve to go in every month to check up. Online I've seen them for up to 175.00 per month. I get them at the pharmacy for 19.99 a month for the yellow Eon labs 30mg. This is in Nebraska, so I'm not sure how much they vary in different areas. My sister got hers for 20.00 without insurance, but with her insurance it went up to 45.00. Messed up!
    Cabin87 likes this.
    Date Weight Lost
    1/1 205 lbs 0lbs
    3/13 187 lbs 18 lbs Started Phen
    4/5 177 lbs 28 lbs Week break from Phen and first cycle in 4 years.
    5/24 170 lbs 35 lbs Slacking in excersize and eating habits.

Photos
    View albums

I know in the state of Michigan doctors have to be licensed to prescribe Phentermine. At Costco they only charge like $14 for 100 tablets of 37.5 mg of Phentermine. Since my doctor wasn't licensed I go to a diet doctor it was $60 for the first visit and 14 pills, and then $30 for a 2 week supply there after w a B12 shot.
    SW= 188.8 lbs 4/20/07
    CW= 184.1 lbs 4/27/07
    CW= 182.2 lbs 5/4/07
    CW= 178.9 lbs 5/11/07
    CW= 173.5 lbs 5/18/07
    GW= 165 lbs

Photos
    View albums

Hi Dentinn,

I to live in MI,in the Livonia area about 25 miles from Detroit. I'm looking for a diet dr to go to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Michigan
    Dennis Padla, M.D.
    820 Lester Ave.
    St. Joseph, MI 49085
    616-983-3885
    IB Pudgey

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

What exactly would I look under in the yellow pages to find a diet dr. The only places it seems to have are Jenny Craig and weight watchers or things similar.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

"What exactly would I look under in the yellow pages to find a diet dr"

"Bariatric" is another term used
    IB Pudgey

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My insurance doesn't cover anything weight related, i pay $50 to see a wl dr, (I just googled wl drs in the nearest big city) and called to see how their plan works- and with my script they range from $$21-$30 for the generic, I use a discount card i printed an get it for $15.95 at target. That was my first scripts, I decided to try the name brand adipex and it ranges from $80-$100 for 30 37.5 pills and if you go to adipex.com you can print out a discount card and get them for $46, it states on the card you shouldn't spend no more than $46.xx and that's what it was at target! I was excited and I actually like the name brand better than what I was on, the ones by qualitest (idk)
    Started my journey on April 26th 2012 weighing 294 pounds.

My first goal is to get to 250 (-44 pounds)
    **july 9th still workin on it (10 weeks 4 days in)**

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Phentermine doctor around AA Michigan

Hi! I'm in Chelsea. Did you find a doctor in your area for phentermine?
    Thank you!!

QUOTE=blondee17;25233]Hi Dentinn,

I to live in MI,in the Livonia area about 25 miles from Detroit. I'm looking for a diet dr to go to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Purchasing online

I found a Dr. that will send it to you after you fill in a online form, you then have a phone interview with a PA and also have a video meeting. Ordered the pills for the first month $75 per month, now waiting for them to arrive. For additional months you have to send a picture of you taking your blood pressure showing the reading then you will get access to order another months pills.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by karens1039 View Post
    I found a Dr. that will send it to you after you fill in a online form, you then have a phone interview with a PA and also have a video meeting. Ordered the pills for the first month $75 per month, now waiting for them to arrive. For additional months you have to send a picture of you taking your blood pressure showing the reading then you will get access to order another months pills.
    Is this legal?
    Weight loser Best Diet Pills

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Dr in Boise, ID

Hi, just looking to see if there is a doctor in the Boise area who writes prescriptions? I don't know the best way to go about trying Phentermine and seeing if it works.

Thanks

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaCat View Post
    Is this legal?
    Yes it is legal. It depends on what state you live in if he can send it to you. Check out his website https://www.drtohelp.com

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Northern Bay Area places to get phentermine!

Hi there! I live in Gilroy Ca and was wondering if there is a place around the northern Bay Area that gives this medication? Thanks!!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Beth E View Post
    I get a prescription from my general practitioner. HAve to go in every month to check up. Online I've seen them for up to 175.00 per month. I get them at the pharmacy for 19.99 a month for the yellow Eon labs 30mg. This is in Nebraska, so I'm not sure how much they vary in different areas. My sister got hers for 20.00 without insurance, but with her insurance it went up to 45.00. Messed up!
    Beth E Do you know of any GP in the Omaha/West Point, NE. area that will prescribe Phentermine? Mine I've asked twice and they said they don't like to prescribe it, I should just eat right and exercise. I have used phentermine before from a weight loss place and it is $175 per month. (That is definitely out of my range to pay now) Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!