Anyone else plan on budgeting and saving money next year? Here is a cool
Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I started to post this on the bargain thread but never did. I think it is more fitting here. I shop at thrift shops, goodwill, etc. for a lot of things. I had been looking everywhere for a dolphin to put in my flower garden at our place at the beach.

I looked everywhere for one and could not find one. The ones I found on the internet were going to cost me a fortune in shipping. Right before Christmas I went to Goodwill looking for cake plates. I walked around and was standing at a shelf looking at some plates and just happened to look down and there it was!!!

I thought I was going to faint!!! My hands started to shake. I looked on the price tag and it was $7.99. My head started to spin! I kid you not :blabla: I told my son to go get me a buggy and I stood there with my hand on its head scared to death someone else would see it and want it. Needless to say when I put that big thing in my buggy and walked to the check-out, everybody stopped shopping and started pointing and laughing! That made me mad. I wanted to stop and tell everybody to just kiss my @ss! But if they knew what I was going to do with it they would think it was cute too.
    At the beach they have the best yard sales. The secret to yard sales is to find community sales. A lot of housing developements will have yard sales 2 times a year (spring and fall). You can go and park your car on the side of the road and walk from house to house. Look for the rich neighborhoods. I bought a rug that was $150.00 at retail for $30.00. It still had the tag on it. Never been used. I bought my son a $60.00 lightly used putter for $5.00. And it is not true you have to get to yard sales at 5 or 6am. Sometimes if you wait till 11:00 or so, they are ready to sell things even cheaper so they don't have to pack it up again. That is the bargaining time.
    But my #1 way to save money is ask myself, DO I NEED IT OR DO I JUST WANT IT? CAN LIFE GO ON WITHOUT IT? CAN I POSSIBLY FIND IT SOMEWHERE ELSE CHEAPER? Most of the time when I see something I just want, when I get it, its not that big a deal to me anymore.
    I hope this helps give everybody some good ideas! I have to pinch every penny just to pay for that "investment" at the beach!

2. Advertising
    advertising

I am from North Louisiana but I am livng in Germany
    Photos
    View albums

I have learned after 6 years, as a military wife, how to budget money really well. We do splurge on some things but mainly we are tight with our money. I would like to find ways to cut corners. A military friend of mine got this book about saving money on everyday things. Like when it is best to buy big household items and like to always fill your car all the way up and not to fill it up when it is hot outside. (It has something to due with gas expanding when it gets hot). I love saving money and seeing it just sitting in our saving account.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Most of the food cost is in the wine. Min 200 a bootle. And in food and tips. Gotta take care of your waiter. Thats why I get great service. They remember me. But if I am with some guy he's paying for everything. I just got back from Vegas with an ex fiance and we went Vip everywhere. We had the penthouse at the Wynn Hotel and I am sure that weekend of X-mas cost him 30 grand min. Not including Jet fuel. And he still didn't get any! The new pics are from Vegas. I had a blast.

Rain
    "Being such a trainwreck is a fulltime job"

I believe everything happens for a reason, sometimes we don't know why until we get to the end. sometimes the end is the beginning.

Diamond Phenster buttercupsbabie2's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

OH AND HERE ANOTHER GREAT ONE~

ALWAYS FILL YOUR TANK ALL THE WAY~ NEVER JUST PUT 5 OR 10 DOLLARS IN IT~

FILL IT AND WAIT TILL IT GETS TO HALF AND REFILL IT AGIAN! THIS WAY IT WILL ONLY COST YOU 10-15.00 AND YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE MORE THEN HALF A TANK ALL THE TIME!
    Weigh In 15th Of Each Month:
    Starting Weight:246 AGAIN

MONTH 1: -11 (235)
    MONTH 2: -6 (229) -17

JOURNEY:
    The bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you refuse to take the turn.

Diamond Phenster buttercupsbabie2's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

OK MELBA FIRST OFF I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE NEW PIC~

I TOTAL HAVE TO START SAVING MONEY THIS YEAR~ I HAVE TO STOP SPENDING SO MUCH! I WILL SAY THAT THIS LAST YEAR I HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB IN CUTTING DOWN THE WALLY WORLD RUNS~

JUST THINK OF IT THIS WAY~
    1) MAKE YOU COFFEE IN THE MORNING AND TAKE IT WITH YA~
    2) GO TO YOUR LOCAL SAMS OR COSTCOS AND BUY ALL YOUR DRINKS IN BULK(WATERS,JUCIES,COFFEE,TEA,SODAS,)!
    NOW YOUR MEATS!!! BUY THEM THERE TOO~ I NOW TH COME IN PACKAGES OF 2 BUT THINK ABOUT IT HOWMANY TIMES DO YOU LEAVE A STORE AND GO MAN I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT 2 OF THEM~

#3)TOLET PAPER,PAPER TOWELS AND LAUNDRY DETERGENT,BLEACH,SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER! THESE WILL ALL DRIVE ME CRAZY IN THE YEAR BUT IF YOU BUY IN BULK YOU WILL ONLY HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT LIKE 3 TIMES A YEAR!

4)MELBA HIT IT ON THE NOSE~ BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH!
    BIG $$$$$$$$$ SAVED!

I KNOW ITS WILL BE A VERY EXPENSIVE RUN TO HE STORE THE FIRST COUPLE OF TIMES YOU GO BUT BELEIVE ME YOU WILL BE HAPPIER FOR IT IN THE END! THAT RIGHT THERE WILL SAVE YOU BIG TIME!

I STARTED DOING THIS LAST YEAR AND I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT MY CABNETS OVERFLOW! AND THOSE LITTLE THING THAT TICK ME OFF LIKE WHEN YOU HAVE $5 DOLLARS LEFT TO YOUR NAME AND YOU HAVE TO GO BUY SOME TOLET PAPER AND MILK, SHOOT NOW YOUR BROKE SO SOMEONE CAN WHIP THEIR A#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW GO OPEN YOURSELF A SAVINGS ACCOUNT AND PUT 30 DOLLARS IN THERE A WEEK. IF YOU CAN AFFORD MORE THEN DO MORE BUT IF YOU CAN ONLY AFFORD 30 THEN DO 30 AND THE END OF THE YEAR YOU WILL HAVE SAVED JUST IN YOUR $30.00( $1560.00)!

AND IF YOU HAVE DIRECT DEPOSIT TRANSFER THE 30.00 TO YOUR SEAVING ACCOUNT WITH OUT EVEN TOUCHING IT!

(OLD SAYS GOES OUT OF SITE OUT OF MIND)
    Weigh In 15th Of Each Month:
    Starting Weight:246 AGAIN

MONTH 1: -11 (235)
    MONTH 2: -6 (229) -17

JOURNEY:
    The bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you refuse to take the turn.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

For 300.00 a plate.............that better be some UNFORGETABLE food!
    I mean it had better do more than just set there on my plate-i want it to get up and dance or something!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

OMG!!!
    How do you do it! I don't spend 10 grand on my families clothes in a year, maybe two or three. I have to ask about the salaries in your area. What kind of money do average people make a year to be able to afford to live there. My husband would freak!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I feel bad I spent 10 grand last week alone on clothes. And I've been *****ing I can't live on 10 grand a week. Hey it's expensive in Newport. But the more you make the more you spend. I dropped 600 bucks tonight on dinner for 2. I need to cut back next year.

Rain
    "Being such a trainwreck is a fulltime job"

I believe everything happens for a reason, sometimes we don't know why until we get to the end. sometimes the end is the beginning.

Photos
    View albums

My house payment is $1400 a month. Washington is an expensive place to live.
    SW: 210
    CW: 193.5
    GW: 140

Winter Goals!
    12/29/05 - 3/20/06 (first day of spring AND my birthday)
    Keep calorie intake under 1500
    Exercise Five Days a week
    Lose 20 pounds

2/10/06 - First time I jogged 1.75 miles without stopping to walk!
    2/27/06 - First time I jogged 2.50 miles without stopping to walk!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

We REALLY need to get out of debt this year!!!! Our house payment is 616 with taxes and insurance included. I LOVE it that way!

I have a habit of running to our little grocery store just about every evening for meat(for supper that night). They are so expensive because of no compitition. I've GOT to stop that! I need to buy in bulk and freeze it!

Ya know it's weird. We figured out the monthly bills and then our monthly income. We have plenty of money left after bills. We really don't splurge. Why is it we live paycheck to paycheck? Wondering if this check will hit the bank before the paycheck goes in.....something is wrong here.

Photos
    View albums

MY rent is 900 lol

talk about throwing money out the window!
    Height: 5'8
    HW:225 6-30-04 Right after baby
    SW:195 8-30-05
    CW:191 8-31-05
    CW:189 9-1-05
    CW:186 9-9-05
    CW:184 9-12-05
    CW:180 9-17-05 Down 38in since 8/30
    CW:178 9-23-05
    CW:177 9-24-05
    CW:175 10-4-05
    CW:174 10-5-05
    CW:171 11-7-05
    CW:170 11-9-05
    CW:169 11-23-05
    CW:169 11-28-05
    CW:167 12-06-05
    CW:163 01-01-06
    CW:160 01-23-06
    CW:161 03-28-06
    CW:165 10-24-06
    CW:159 03-27-07
    GW:145
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Fitness is a journey, not a destination... it must be continued for the rest of your life!

In life, what sometimes looks like the end is really a new beginning!

Sometimes there is no next time, no second chance, no times out... Sometimes it's now or never!

Photos
    View albums

I really need to get more control of our spending as well! btw, my house payment is 480 with taxes and insurance included
    SW 236 11/16/05 start phen
    CW 225 11/30/05
    GW 140 11/14/06

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for posting this!! I know that I throw away loads of cash on small things

My mortgage is $527. Gotta love the South!!!!!
    8/21/07-177.9 start phen
    8/28/07-173.6 (-4.3lbs)
    9/04/07-170.8(-2.8lbs)
    9/18/07-169.4(-1.4lbs) buh-bye 170s

Back on track for 2 weeks.
    10/19/07-166.8

Photos
    View albums

I am HOPING to do this in 2006. Thanks for the information. Wow, 525 for a house payment. That's great. Colorado housing is outrageous. My house payment is 1600 and I am middle income.
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Photos
    View albums

Arrow

site. This site blew me away really when I figured some things up.

http://www.simplesavings.com.au/

Well it says to think about things that you can change..and I did. Simple things like..not getting a water every morning from the gas station..not getting the kids pops and juices there. To use generic..to shop at Aldi's. Bring my lunch and not eat out. Plan my meals for home in advance.. all these thing I realize I can do to save.. Around $115.00 a week.. that adds up
    too a whooping..R$5308.00 a YEAR! Now if I had 5 grand in my hand.. I would feel rich..so why am I just throwing it away. I think I can make some postitive changes.

One thing I didn't realize was that my hubby and I spend 480.00 or more a month gas..to get to work and back..school and runnign the kids..Okay our house payment is 525.00 so something is not right there..!