Photos
    View albums

My husband calls it DeSexor. LOL
    Kim, Mother to 5 working on reclaiming her body

SW 265 started WW, Flex Plan July 7th
    Started Phen July 15
    July total weight loss 10lbs
    August total weight loss 11lbs
    September weight loss 9lbs (while on vacation!)
    October weight loss 10lbs
    CW 223

November Goal 12.5lbs

Photos
    View albums

I took Effexor when I was going thru a bout of depression. Stupidest thing I think I have ever done. It made me tired, sleepy, gain weight, and I always felt like I was moving in slow motion. I took myself off cold turkey even though the doctor warned me. I don't regret it. I told one of my girlfriends I had been taking it. She's a drug rep for a pharm company. She told me in "the business" they call it "Side Effexor". The drug companies KNOW there are issues with this drug but push it like crazy.

I've been depression drug free for a year and I would rather cry every day and feel miserable than go thru that again!

Current weight 179 NOVEMBER 2008

STARTING WEIGHT: 219 JUNE 2008

CURRENT WEIGHT: 179 JUNE 2008

GOAL WEIGHT: 149 FEBRUARY 2009

STRETCH OBJECTIVE: 139 March 2009

Photos
    View albums

Effexor can be a wonderful drug for some people and for a good while it really worked for me, especially with PPD and anxiety but it really affected my sex life. In a VERY.BAD.WAY.

So I weaned myself off last October. It was a living hell getting off of it. I even tapered myself off. The headaches were horrible. The withdrawal was horrible. I literally thought I would come out of my skin.
    Kim, Mother to 5 working on reclaiming her body

SW 265 started WW, Flex Plan July 7th
    Started Phen July 15
    July total weight loss 10lbs
    August total weight loss 11lbs
    September weight loss 9lbs (while on vacation!)
    October weight loss 10lbs
    CW 223

November Goal 12.5lbs

Photos
    View albums

My husband just changed from Lexapro to Effexor. It has been really rough for him. He had a really bad week. It was almost as though the Effexor wasn't working. Now he is FINALLY back to normal!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Photos
    View albums

I couldn't take effexor...it made my heart race so my dr put me on Cymbalta. I gained 25 lbs in less than 3 months and when I decided to go off, the side effects were horrible. The worst was these "brain shocks" that you have that are so weird I can't even describe them. I missed work, almost had 2 car crashes b/c I pulled out in front of people, and really thought I was going crazy. I agree that drs need to know the side effects of the withdrawals. They never mention that when they're writing the **. I will never take another anti depressant again.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I guess I was lucky....it didn't seem to do anything while I was on it (may not have been on long enough) and no side affects when I quit.

Photos
    View albums

Default EFFEXOR WITHDRAWALS

EFFEXOR IS EVIL. There is another board that I found ealier during the month when I decided to come off. I gained about 35 pounds and stayed sick with "sinus-like" symptoms while on it. I felt like I needed an exorcist when I stopped taking it. I went off cold turkey too. Those doctors may not know or care. But there are many people who are experiencing the fat gain with effexor not to mention the side effects and weight stall for a long time afterward. I see a class action lawsuit coming..

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I agree! You just dont know what to expect with that first baby. I think now I would have been fine. I didnt really feel the need to take anything with the second, but since I am apparently predispositioned for PPD he wanted me on something anyway. Thats why I went to the shrink. I wanted an opinon of someone who deals with that stuff. He said it couldnt hurt. I figure it just makes me a nicer person. lol. I was out in 24 hours with both of my children. I was happy to go home with the second, but I was scared to death with the first!! They dont give you an instruction book or anything! I think our insurance would have paid for the 48 hrs, but they didnt have room to keep us with the first, and I was climbing the walls to get out with the second!

Photos
    View albums

The Dr. should have weaned you off it slowly, not make you go cold turkey like he did. If you were just a little depressed, you probably could have done without the meds. I was very stressed with my 1st son, I was more relaxed with my 2nd. I didn't try to do too much and I napped when the baby napped. His dad called my lazy, well he didn't have the kid. Our mothers got to stay in the hospital for a week after having a kid, I got kicked out in 24 hours. I heard ins pays for 48 hrs now, but that still isn't enough.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

With my first child I was put on Effexor for post partum depression. I was on it for a year! Then out of the blue, the doc decided that I needed lexapro. I seriously contemplated suicide. I didnt think that I would ever be normal again. I hated everything- my family, my job, my friends.... you name it. I cried all of the time and couldnt lose any of the weight it made me gain. I lived in la-la land while I was on it, but when the ride was over, IT WAS OVER. I thought that I was dying. I had death anxiety and would have panic attacks. You know, I was just a little depressed after I had my daughter, but I dont think it was anywhere close to what I experienced on effexor. After my last child, I again had postpartum. THis time actually was worse than the first. I take Lexapro. I like it alright. I went to a psychiatrist this time, I didnt trust my OB. I like it much better. IT doesnt give me that everythings perfect feeling, but it helps cope with the problems of everyday life. Ill take that exchange for the problems I had with effexor! Im glad you are okay now! That is a horrible experience to go through.

Photos
    View albums

I was on Effexor too. I couldnt get out of bed. I slept 24/7. I quit cold turkey and clenched my teeth for about a year afterwards. (wierd side effect)
    Ill never take that stuff again.

SW 188 7/23
    CW 182 7/27
    CW 170 9/25

Photos
    View albums

I've read that on the net.(the bad withdrawal) I had a family Dr. put me on it for anxiety. It made my bottom blood pressure go up, so he took me off it and I wasn't on it very long. I think all anti=d's make you gain weight, no matter what the Dr's say. They're all on a kick to pass it out. I have a friend who works out like crazy, and hasn't lost an ounce, but she swears the effexor doesn't cause weight gain,or stop weight loss.

Photos
    View albums

My withdrawals are over! Last week was my first week that I felt AWESOME. I will NEVER put that stuff in my body again. How insane. I actually stopped taking the phen for 3 weeks while I was going through the withdrawals. I figured I ought to save my pills as I wasn't eating anything anyway~
    Now that I feel better I have started back at the gym again. But my life was HELL for 3 weeks. People BEWARE of Effexor! It's fine while you are on it but it's HARD to stop taking it.
    Maranda

5'7"
    Pear shape...blah
    SW 184
    CW 176
    CW 173
    CW 172
    CW 164 (7-18-09)
    GW 140

Photos
    View albums

OMG....When I weened myself off of the Effexor it was MISERABLE!!! We were in between insurance companies so I did not have a choice but to quit taking it. That week was one of the worst of my life. I had the WORST vertigo ever. I could not move for days. My husband had to stay home from work just to take care of our little boys. I NEVER want to go through that again. It is the most awful feeling. Everything was moving around inside of me...yucky! I sure wont take that med again.

SW:301 lbs.
    WK 1: 292
    WK 2: 291
    WK 3: 289
    WK 4: 285
    WK 5: 284

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I was only on it for one month...but when I quit taking it....I just stopped. My prescription ran out and I didn't go back to the doc to get more. They always say you shouldn't do that...but I do it all the time w/ antidepression meds and I've never had a problem. My depression isn't really bad and I haven't been on any of them for a very long time maybe that's why.

Photos
    View albums

I actually broke down crying on Friday! The Doctor had me on it for Anxiety (my dad had a massive stroke, my renter move out of my rental without notice and I couldn't sell the house, work, school and planning a wedding). Now that most of those life events have taken a back seat I want to get off from this! I don't think Doctor's know what they are doing to people when they give this stuff out like candy. Granted, I didn't have to put this stuff in my body...but he told me it would help me. I trusted him, and now.... look at me! I am 40 pounds overweight and feel like I am going to pass out if I move to fast!

I am going to start the Phentermine again tomorrow. WOO HOO!!

http://marandaann.blogspot.com/
    Here are pics of my family and happenings in my life!
    Maranda

5'7"
    Pear shape...blah
    SW 184
    CW 176
    CW 173
    CW 172
    CW 164 (7-18-09)
    GW 140

Photos
    View albums

Maranda, I know what you mean, that Effexor is evil stuff, I was on it for a shor time and stepped down off of it as well. I was haveing bad side effects while I was on it like sickadelic dreams. A friend of mine had really bad withdrawls because she went cold turkey! I wish you luck with the phen it works great!

Photos
    View albums
    With my doctor 2 weeks ago I started to wean myself off from Effexor (I was on Lexapro forever and the doctor changed me to Effexor). I am telling you it has been HELL! I stopped taking my phentermine (Which I only took for 1 week) until I could get this other stuff out of my system. I have never experienced anything like this before. Dizzy, naueous, I can't sleep and much more. I am finally starting to feel a little better and am thinking of restarting my phentermine. I know I have indulged myself since I stopped taking it so all the progress I made is out the window! Ahhhhh.... life!

Maranda
    Maranda

5'7"
    Pear shape...blah
    SW 184
    CW 176
    CW 173
    CW 172
    CW 164 (7-18-09)
    GW 140