My friggin wake up PICTURE!!!
Close
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Missus.
    I wouldn't have expected anything less than the truth from my mom. She is very blunt and doesn't sugar coat anything. Also, we are more like sisters. Very close. Let's just say I was HOPING she said it was the angle or something. And as far as JG picture, I don't see a double chin at all. Just a big smile. Good luck to you too.
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Jimmysgirl,

I too think you are pretty and are nitpicking pretty much to say that you have a double chin in that picture. Although if you look closely you can also see those cheekbones dying to show off!!...I look forward to really seeing them in the near future. Don't be so hard on yourself and focus on the here and now. You can't change the past...no matter how hard you try!!

On the bright side you do have nice smile with bright white teeth and oh ya...gorgeous red eyes!!..lol

SW (11/27/07) - 331lb
    Dr Visit (12/26/07) - 310 (21 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (01/23/08) - 297 (34 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (02/26/08) - 290.5 (40.5 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (03/26/08) - 283.7 (47.3 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (04/23/08) - ???

Mark

Purple People Eater
    Photos
    View albums

Benson01294, I have a q for you. First of all, I think you are pretty. Now, the q is what did you think your mom should have said to you? What would you say about jimmysgurl pic? I'm curious, cuz when people tell me that I don't look like I'm 55, I tend to believe them or if they say I don't look fat, I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. But if they did mean it or not, I really don't care, cuz I know that I look good cuz I feel good from the inside out. Losing the weight is incidental and strictly to help me to live a longer, more healthy lifestyle. Anyhoo, like I said to jimmysgrl, much luv to you and good luck to you on your journey. We'll be here for you.

Missus

Hard work has made it easy. That is my secret. That is why I win.

-Nadia Comaneci

Photos
    View albums

Those damn cameras, why can't they lie like our scales do LOL :blabla:

Photos
    View albums

I just thought I would get right on the bandwagon with you, JimmysGirl. This was the picture that made me flip out. Especially when I asked my mom if I really looked like that and she said, "Yes, this is actually a really good picture of you." Like saying, you are much bigger than that. So I made five copies of this picture and post it on my fridge, in my wallet next to my credit card so if I am trying to buy food at the mall, and in a few different places.
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Photos
    View albums

Hey Jimmysgirl, I didn't say all your smiles are cheesy. lol. In my defense. I love posting to you. You're a good sport. C'mon, let us see those cheek bones. Can't wait!
    Have a great day!

Trent

Before

3/16/2006

Start Date: November 12, 2005
    Mini-goals (300 and 235)
    Ultimate Goal (190)

Purple People Eater
    Photos
    View albums

Hey girl, sorry to tell you this, but what I said was what I meant.

You're beautiful. Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you look great, got a beautiful smile, nice shiny hair. So, look at yourself in the mirror and say "I look good"

If I can't tell the truth, I just won't post. That's just me. so, no, I wasn't thinking double chin or anything.

And from what I read of everyon else, theirs was sincere too.

At any rate girl, much luv to you and good luck to you on your journey. We will be here to support you.

Missus

[ January 05, 2006, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: missus ]

-Nadia Comaneci

Photos
    View albums

You guys are so funny, thanks for all the responses though. I have a pretty funny way of interpreting everything, I'm one of those people that laugh at their own jokes if you know what I mean. But I'm cracking up reading your replies cause this is what I got out of them:

"Hey you don't have a double chin, just a cheesy smile." My 3 year old was taking the pic, so I was being a little cheesy, but all the pics out of 3 rolls have double chins even when I'm not smiling.

"Hey you might have a double chin, but your hair is really shiny." Missus, that was the best....actually I like hearing that cause I have that thin granny hair that I've struggled with my whole life.....ugh I'm so glad the aqua net, hair ratting generation has passed. Half of my hair would come out in my hand from the vigorous ratting sessions. And I'm sure I helped knock off half of the ozone layer with my multiple cans of aqua net.

I accidentally double posted this topic and someone in the other thread said along these lines to me "hey you might not be perfect OR PRETTY right now, but take it one day at a time, eat one brownie instead of the whole pan." LOL is that supposed to be supportive?? :blabla:
    I was terribly PMS'd when I wrote this thread, and I've woken up feeling much better this morning, but I am serious about getting my cheek bones back! Consider this my BEFORE pic, cause the next one isn't going to look anything like this YEAH BABY!!!!

Purple People Eater
    Photos
    View albums

What they said girl. You're beautiful. Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you look great, got a beautiful smile, nice shiny hair. So, look at yourself in the mirror and say "I look good"

Hugs

Missus

-Nadia Comaneci

Photos
    View albums

It looks like you are losing inches, even if you're not happy with the poundage loss. This is a good thing, the inches loss. Hang in there. You have great support here, and I hope we help.
    Ht - 5'9"
    272 (12/16), 264 (12/23),262 (1/06), 258 (1/13) 4 weeks,
    257 (1/20) off phen cycle, 251 (2/03) back on phen, 249 (2/10), 248 (2/17), 247 (2/24),246 (3/03) on phendimetrazine, 246 (3/10) Plateau , 244 (3/24), 240 (3/31), 237 (4/7), 236 (4/20), 232 (5/5), 228 (5/19), 227 (6/9), 221 (6/30)
    GW - 190

Visit my PhenBlog

Photos
    View albums

Take a look at my before pic if you want to see a REAL double chin...Honey please...You are just as cute as you want to be...I don't see a double chin...
    But you know yourself. So, if your classes are what you need to get back on target, then good for you.
    I'm sure you will have great success...Don't beat yourself up..we are only human....
    Its only bad when you know you have a problem and do nothing about it.
    Good Luck, and glad you are back on the boards!!!
    SW 323 Started Phen 10/15

Don't grow weary in well doing....

Photos
    View albums

I have to agree with the others here. You don't have a double chin. It's just the way you are smiling. Now my double chin waves back at ya from my pictures! :spider_red:

You are a beautiful woman so don't beat yourself up. We all have times of weakness and we are only human. Just pick yourself back up and push forward.
    This is me at 208 April 2005

5/24/06

Overall Goal

Photos
    View albums

I think your beautiful and I agree with therighrhodes I think its the way your smiling. Either way if its their or not you are on the right road to do something about it! I know what ya mean about being sore- last night while watching the Biggest Loser I done my bike for over an hour and I feel it today woooo wheeee. No pain no gain right?? lol Im so outta shape Good luck to you and keep hitting those classes.You will soon be where you want. Congrats on your 3.75 inches gone!!Tonia

Photos
    View albums

Okay Jimmysgirl. I slapped that double chin of yours, but then it came and slapped me right back. I'm only kidding. I can say that to you. lol. You do not have a double chin. I think it's the way you were grinning. It that your real smile or your "pose for the picture" smile. There's a difference. Your Avatar I think it your real one and you're just posing in this picture. You know how people do when they know there's a camera in front of them. Trying smiling for real and look and see if you can find that extra chin, then do you little cheesy smile and try to find it. I bet you will. I bet everyone will. If you can't find it in the mirror, then what are you worried about?

Who cares what happened on Biggest Loser, you know that's very out of the ordinary to do. Don't compare yourself to anyone but to you. you know what you are capable of and what you're not. You just overexceeded the amount you were planning on eating during the holidays. Who didn't?

You've taken a new start. You told me that in a PM today. So forget everything that you coulda shoulda woulda done different. All that is water under the bridge. What's important is NOW and LATER.

You are a very pretty person and when you have thoughts like that about yourself, then other people are going to think things about you. Your hair is perfect and it's on top of a beautiful face. Now, get your butt up and get moving. You know what you need to do. HUSSLE HUSSLE HUSSLE. Oh God, I sound like Educator. Someone help me. lol

Now, is that Jimmy next to you? If not, you have a lot of explaining to do.
    Have a great day!

Trent

Before

3/16/2006

Start Date: November 12, 2005
    Mini-goals (300 and 235)
    Ultimate Goal (190)

Photos
    View albums

Angry

Well I guess because I hide from the camera all the time, I haven't realized how big I've gotten. I found 3 rolls of film, ranging in dates from 2 years ago until this xmas and had them developed. I picked them up today and wanted to puke. There isn't a pic of me in all 3 rolls where I don't have a double chin. I seriously thought that I looked good when I left the house in this outfit and now I see that I didn't and my hair looked like crap. I don't see this double chin when I look in the mirror, or this person.....good thing I finally developed this film. Like where did my cheek bones that I used to have go.......ugh I'm so pissed at myself for practically ruining this wonderful opportunity my doctor has given me by prescribing me phen.

I'm so disguisted in myself. Especially since I just got done watching the Biggest Loser Special and that one mom lost 78 lbs in 5 months. Uh hello I've been on phen for over 2 months now off and on and have lost only about 4 lbs (thanks to binging over the holidays). So today I'm getting serious. I joined an exercise class on Tuesdays which was yesterday and I can barely move today, but my friends are feeling the pain too that went with me.

I hate pics of myself and usually when they look like this I just hide them, but I'm going to torture myself and post one just because I deserve it for letting myself go. I already went out to the grocery store at 8:00 tonight and bought a ton of fruits and made two huge fruit salads which I plan on living off of for.........um ever. I'm such a friggin hipocrit for giving out advice to people that I can't even follow myself. Someone slap this double chin off my face pleeeeaaaassseee!