Anyone know of a website that does this?

I use DietPower, which is a nutrition software program. I've owned it for about 4 years. It has a great recipe calculator, among other functions. The best $50 I've ever spent on dieting or exercise tools.

Measurements:
    Bust - Was 42" ~ Now 36"
    Waist - Was 39" ~ Now 27"
    Hips - Was 46" ~ Now 38"

See my critters:

2. Advertising
    advertising

Fitday is nice, but sometimes it's hard to get an accurate account of the nutritional information. Most of the time, I find something they already have listed and use that as my estimation. I'm going to check out the website BWEST recommended though, and see if that helps.

I made a big batch of white bean chili today. I can't imagine it's too terrible. It has white beans, chicken, onion, seasoning, chili peppers, chicken broth and shredded montery jack cheese. I sat down and calculated EVERYTHING I put in and the big pot of it is about 3,802 calories. But how do I break that down into serving sizes?? I guess I could measure it cup by cup into another container and see how many cups total it is. But what a pain in the arsh!!

Thanks for the help everyone
    SW: 210
    CW: 193.5
    GW: 140

Winter Goals!
    12/29/05 - 3/20/06 (first day of spring AND my birthday)
    Keep calorie intake under 1500
    Exercise Five Days a week
    Lose 20 pounds

2/10/06 - First time I jogged 1.75 miles without stopping to walk!
    2/27/06 - First time I jogged 2.50 miles without stopping to walk!

I think weight watchers does, but it's the paid site. Nutrisystem.com has a great FREE site also that might help.

~Holly

SW~162 .. CW~149.5
    1GW~149 .. 2GW~130
    Total Loss -12.5
    March 16 Challenge -3.1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~°~I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.~°~

i personally don't use fitday anymore~ it is an awesome site though i have never tried to do things by ingredient~ i might try it though~ i would prob. freak out to know how much i was really consuming calorie wise!
    ~rene'
    *~Rene'~*

5 FT. 11 IN. TALL
    CW~ 266
    1st GW~ 199 (ANYTHING OUT OF THE 200'S WILL BE GREAT!!)
    FGW~ 180

hey Athena, I use a site called trackyourdiet.com it might be some help to you let me know ok...
    If you don't do what's best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end. Julius Erving
    Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can. Author Unknown
    It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up Vince Lombardi

[URL="http://www.GlitterMaker.com/"]

Age 24
    SW: (2/23/06) 268
    GW: 168

I thought about that too Rene, but fitday will tell you what each ingredient has in it and it is a terrific calculator. BUT, when you are baking or making something outside the original realm of cooking, then when you mix all the ingredients together, there's no telling how much is in a serving of the recipe as a whole. If there's a way to do it, that would be absolutely awesome, because I use fitday on a regular basis and it looks like Athena does to since she has her journal posted. For example: Cheese dip(essentially is Rotel, Velveeta Cheese, and milk) fitday will tell you how many calories are in cheese dip, but some things aren't made quite the same, so there's going to be differences in the substituted ingredients. We know how many are in Rotel, velveeta cheese, and milk, by the nutritional facts on the label, however when you mix them together, in 2 tablespoons of the dip, you're going to be getting a little bit of each ingredient.

How do you calculate Rene? Can you use fitday like that or do you do an estimate of it? I often make things harder than what they have to be and I tend to do things the long way.
    Have a great day!

Trent

Before

3/16/2006

Start Date: November 12, 2005
    Mini-goals (300 and 235)
    Ultimate Goal (190)

what about fitday?
    ~r
    *~Rene'~*

5 FT. 11 IN. TALL
    CW~ 266
    1st GW~ 199 (ANYTHING OUT OF THE 200'S WILL BE GREAT!!)
    FGW~ 180

Hey Athena, I wish there was a site that did this too. Even simple things like Cheese Dip taht just has a few ingredients are hard to determine how many calories you're actually getting. I did find a software that will do it. It's $24 to buy, but there's a 20 day trial version. I downloaded it and put in a few ingredients and it did quite well. I'll PM the information to you.
    Have a great day!

Trent

Before

3/16/2006

Start Date: November 12, 2005
    Mini-goals (300 and 235)
    Ultimate Goal (190)

Question

I'm looking for a website that will calculate the nutritional information of a homemade recipe. You know, you put in the ingredients and it will calculate the nutritional value for you.

Does anyone know of a website that offers this?

Thanks
    SW: 210
    CW: 193.5
    GW: 140

Winter Goals!
    12/29/05 - 3/20/06 (first day of spring AND my birthday)
    Keep calorie intake under 1500
    Exercise Five Days a week
    Lose 20 pounds

2/10/06 - First time I jogged 1.75 miles without stopping to walk!
    2/27/06 - First time I jogged 2.50 miles without stopping to walk!