Help -- Phen is not working!
Close
    Administrator
    Photos
    View albums

Hi!
    Those medicines are listed under medications that may react with phentermine, and that probably explains the low dosage.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default SSRI

Hi

I have been on SSRI 60 mg fluoxetine, as well as o.5 alprazolam fir panic, for about 8 years. That's when I started gaining weight. I'm still taking it if course and they gave me 8 mg Phentermine. It's been 3 weeks I feel lighter, but the scale still says 260. I had 5 children and always list the weight very fast on my own. Now I'm 59 and have to lose about 80 pounds ugh. I notice everyone seems to be taking 37.5 mg compared to my 8. Is that because I'm on other meds? I don't have a BP prob.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseecutie View Post
    Casedork & everyone else:

I made it to the Dr....told him the problem & he said getting it from WalMart IS bulk...in other words it IS possible for the meds to be OLD. He suggested I try another smaller pharmacy & ONLY get NAME BRAND apidex....

ALLLLLL the difference....so far..... ....I WILL keep everyone up to date as my work schedule permits...

oh BTW.....it has nothing to do with the form of b/c pills a woman takes.....I mean the don't adversly affect one another...accourding to my Dr.

Thanks...
    Tennesseecutie

I know this is old thread, but it is true. Try to get a fresh batch from a smaller pharmacy, the effects are their, but not like it was when first taken. And I have been on phen off and on for over 5 yrs.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I am in agreement with you. I have been doing this for two months and have only lost a total of 7 pounds. At 45 dollars every two weeks, I will not be doing this for much longer. Especially if I am not loosing the weight.

Photos
    View albums

Hi there.
    Can you tell me what tyrosine is and why it enhances the phentermine? The 37.5 tablets I got from an online doctor/pharmacist seem to have no effect. I just started yesterday.

Also, what is the 5-HTP that Jeff mentioned earlier in this thread?

Thanks.
    Sarah

Started June 22, 2006:

Svelte by September Challenge!!

Mini goal: To lose 35 lbs. by 9/1/06!!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I also take tyrosine in the morning with my phen and it helps enhance it. Just google it!

SW-240
    CW-234(As of May 17,2006.I also started Phen on this day.Don't know how I lost those 6 pounds in April)
    CW-224(As of June 27,2006)
    CW-221(As of July 8,2006)
    CW-217(As of July 18,2006)
    CW-215(As of August 4,2006)
    CW-213(As of August 11,2006)
    CW-210.5(As of Sept 1,2006)
    CW-210(As of Sept 8,2006)
    CW-208(As of Sept 21,2006)
    CW-207.5(As of Oct.6, off Phen for 4 days)
    CW-205.5(As of Oct.16,went on sugar binge for over a week and to think I could have lost more)
    CW-203.5(As of Oct.25)
    CW-198.4(As of Nov.11) First goal met!
    CW-200(As of Dec.20,started on a low dose of Prozac for PMDD today, should help with the weight loss)
    CW-197(As of Dec.28)
    CW-195(As of Jan.4)
    CW-194.6(As of Jan.11, Haven't been on the prozac for a week and can tell the difference with my weight loss)
    CW-192(As of Jan.19, most I have lost at one time since my first month on phen!! Must be the prozac)
    CW-190.2(As of Feb.12, finally lost, almost to next goal!)
    First Goal is 199( I want out of the 200's)Yippie!!! Finally met my first goal.
    Second Goal of 189(Weight loss is slowing down so will be incredibly excited if I reach this)
    GW-160
    Dream goal-125
    If you love scrappin here are some sites to check out:
    www.oneofakindscrapz.com http://joojoobeezz.blogspot.com/

Photos
    View albums

hi sandra1 is back ,back and bigger since last year i`ve gone from one diet to another u remember i said i was 163lbs i just got on the scale this morning and am 175lbs what is wrong with me i think my metabolism is really slow i don`t know i can`t even believe ever since phentermine i `ve used nutrisystem so expensive which i did lose 5 pounds the first week and dat was it and didn`t lose again right now am back and am determined i started using adipex p well i stopped becos i wanted to see if i was gonna lose some weight on my own by getting on the treadmill i do an hour i just started last week nothing yet i haven`t lost any weight i was wondering while on phentermine can i use other vitamins such as conjugated linoleic acid they say it reduces fat and i also am trying to take something to help speed up my metabolism do u guys think it will mess me up i mean since am already taking phentermine am so ashamed i can`t even tell anyone i weigh 175 its so embarassing and i have a deadline i don`t have no ultimatum from him but my boyfriend hasn`t seen me in 2 years am finally goin to see him in august i mean not doin this for him but who doesn`t want to look good for her man i just want to surprise him like u know to see different side of me i need help people what do i do

Photos
    View albums

I’m sure there is something to this old vs new pills and bulk pills. I just posted a message under the title “When is 37.5mg not 37.5mg” Though I had a completely different experience. My new pills are much stronger. I can’t wait to see what you find out.

Photos
    View albums

Casedork & everyone else:

I made it to the Dr....told him the problem & he said getting it from WalMart IS bulk...in other words it IS possible for the meds to be OLD. He suggested I try another smaller pharmacy & ONLY get NAME BRAND apidex....

ALLLLLL the difference....so far..... ....I WILL keep everyone up to date as my work schedule permits...

oh BTW.....it has nothing to do with the form of b/c pills a woman takes.....I mean the don't adversly affect one another...accourding to my Dr.

Thanks...
    Tennesseecutie

Photos
    View albums

What is 5-HTP?
    Height 5'6
    SW 6/10/08 179
    CW 6/15/08 175
    CW 6/20/08 172
    CW 6/30/08 169

*GOAL 140!

Photos
    View albums

someone please help
    andromeda weston

Photos
    View albums

how do you put your picture on this thing? And how do you get cw sw an gw to show at the bottom of you post?
    andromeda weston

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

maybe try taking it everyother day or up your MG>

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hey ya'll..I'm the new kid on the block...This is my 2nd time taking Phentermine. The 1st time the weight fell off..this time I'm not having any luck as a few of you stated previously.. Does anyone have any helpful ideas to curb the appetite and help me to lose the weight? Just had a baby 4mos ago and didn't gain a pound pregnant, but have gained 40pounds since the birth...Want to be bikini ready for the summer...
    currently 181
    goal weight 140

Photos
    View albums

I STARTED ON 4-4-06 AND HAVE LOST 6LBS SO FAR - I ALSO AM DOING WEIGHT WATCHERS AND WORKING OUT AT LEAST 3 TIMES A WEEK.
    SW: 173 (7*25*07)
    1ST GOAL WANT TO REACH 160 BY 8*31*07 FOR COUSIN'S WEDDING

IMG]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;53;121;0;0/c/-6/t/-31/k/380e/weight.png[/IMG]

Photos
    View albums

Same for me. It's been a month and no results. I need to know what else to try. I think I will try the 37.5 mg this next month. I am currently taking the 30 mg. If they don't work, then I don't know what to do....
    (had a baby 9/23/09, 230lbs., quit breastfeeding 3/2010)
    4/1/10 - 219 started phen
    4/10/10 - 215
    4/21/10 - 213
    5/1/10 - 211
    5/7/10 - 208
    5/20/10 - 203
    8/28/10 - 197
    9/17/10 - 193
    10/14/10 - 188
    WENT OFF PHEN FOR TWO MONTHS
    1/01/11 - 185
    1/07/11 - 185
    ON PHEN FOR ALL OF 2011
    1/3/12 - 188
    04/25/13 - 205
    02/05/14 - 207
    03/05/2014 - 208 (UGH!!!!!)

Photos
    View albums

Zoloft is indicated for bipolar depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, anxiety disorder, pre menstrual dysphoria (Classic PMS), and post partum depression. Doctors prescribe it "off label" for obesity, insomnia, lower back pain and a variety of other things. Zoloft is, of course, only one of a larger class of medicines known as the Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs). The reason I mentioned Zoloft specifically is because it has been shown to have the lowest risk of weight gain amongst the SSRIs, but if your physician reccomends a different med, go with that.
    Doctors are much more apt to prescribe an SSRI than they would an amphetamine derivative like phentermine or bontril. SSRIs are not addictive nor lethal in high dosage, do not pose the risk of malignant hypertension and generally have no effect if you aren't "ill" in some way. Your doctor seems open minded, seeing as how he prescribed you the phentermine in the first place. So I suspect if you explained how the phentermine is not working as expected, he would be willing to try the conjunctive therapy. I think the important thing would be to be honest and open with your doctor, who could probably shed more light on your problem than I can. He or she may have much better ideas on what path you should take medicinally or otherwise.
    Height: 6' 4"
    High Weight, Dec. 2005 = 280
    High Body Fat = 33%
    Starting Phen Weight, Mar. 2006 = 276
    Starting Adderall Weight, May. 2006 = 246
    Current Weight = 232
    Current Body Fat = 22%

Photos
    View albums

Jeff,
    Thanks for the info. I hopefully will be able to get into the Dr this week & will let you all know asap what he says.....also do I ask him for the SSRI...or do I just say "Zoloft"....& besides, what is Zoloft prescribed for?....
    Thanks for the reply!
    Tennesseecutie

Photos
    View albums

tennesseecutie,

there is currently a shortage of phentermine nationwide, and the turnaround is very quick. So, I doubt the pills at WalMart were old. The difference between the supermarket and WalMart pills is that one was probably brand name and the other generic (walmart substitutes generics where possible, and your supermarket may not). Still, there is no difference in the composition of generic and brand name medicine. Like the other people, I would reccomend 5-HTP, unless you have blood pressure problems or are taking a counterindicated medicine. If you are going to go to the doctor again, you may want to ask him for an SSRI, like Zoloft, to take with the phentermine. Minimal exercise has been shown to get your "roll" going on the phentermine, as has a small caffinated drink. Also maybe you could try taking it at a different time of the day? I'd love to hear what you end up doing...i think you could be a help to a lot of people who are finding their medicine's effects starting to wane.

Jeff
    Height: 6' 4"
    High Weight, Dec. 2005 = 280
    High Body Fat = 33%
    Starting Phen Weight, Mar. 2006 = 276
    Starting Adderall Weight, May. 2006 = 246
    Current Weight = 232
    Current Body Fat = 22%

Photos
    View albums

I found ya'll!

ME TOO!!!!!

2 yrs ago when I took 37.5 1xper day it worked excellent!..Hit my goal & was taken off...2 yrs later & I'm right back where I started from....

A month ago I got back on 37.5 1x per day...take it like before at 6 a.m. for the "work boost of energy" & NOTHING....I'm STARVING feeling..... Occasionally dry mouth but nothing else..They are the exact same pills I had before but the ONLY difference is back then I got them filled at a local grocery store pharmacy & this time at WalMart........& I've changed my birth control pills......I realllllllly think the b/c pills wouldn't matter but perhaps the pills were "old" & not as potent.....POSSIBLE???

I don't know...will be watching to see what everyone says....

Going back to the Dr asap but with the cost of the Dr visit & then the script......huh...they'd better work this time or.....fat city...here I'll stay!

In thinking....the script 2 yrs ago at the grocery store pharmacy...costs $53 for 30 pills/ 37.5mg///////the ones I got last month at WalMart were ONLY $23......what's up with that?????

Tennesseecutie....at any weight! LOL

Photos
    View albums

Me too. I've been taking Phen since March 8th, but all I have lost is 4 kg and that was in the first week. Nothing since then. I've gotten my period 3 times though this past month. Don't know if that's the Phen or not. I'm still bloated and hungry all the time. Trying to stay low-carb and eat clean but its tough. I also take a Lipodrene and that helps alot in giving me energy. I think the body does whatever it can to hang on to every gram of fat in your body. Are you excercising? I think all of women on the board are doing some form of excercise. I haven't started yet, but I'm planning to do the Walking Away the Pounds DVD and start with that. Hope you have better luck next week!
    Start Date March 8, 2006
    Weight 115kgs
    Mini Goal 100kgs
    Dream Goal 75kgs

08/3/06 115kgs
    15/3/06 111kgs

Photos
    View albums

I have the same problem. I have been on phen 30mgs since Jan 27. And have noticed the last few weeks they didn't seem to be working anymore. I lost 12lbs the first month and only 4 second month. I called my doc and he told me to take a 2 week break (yikes) and then he upped my dosage to 37.5mgs. I am to take 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. I have also tried 5-HTP everyone on here talks about it but it made me way too tired. I have 4 kids and 12, 9, 8 and 14 months. I have too much to do to be so tired. But it does help some people on here, supposed to enhance the phen. You can get it at Wal-Mart for $8, I think is what I paid. I don't know if any of this helps. Good luck

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I used Phentermine (30 mg) last year and the weight came off. I stopped taking it right before the holidays and maintained pretty nicely. I gained 6 pounds since last year and wanted to jump start my excercise program for the spring, so began taking again....In six weeks I've lost nothing....It doesn't seem to be working. Any suggestions? I seem to be stuck....