Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default First Day- Tips on how to make phen work???

Hello-

Today afer much research, I went to my Dr and asked if she would be interested in putting me on Phen. She said she would and has other patients on it. Her only stipulation is monthly weigh-ins and I MUST lose at least 4 lbs a month.

I am 224lbs (I haven't been on a scale in a while and I was for sure thinking I was about 240) so I was happy to see that I was the same weight I was 6 months ago. The med assistant told me I carried very well, as I giggled when she tried to but the bottom slider of the Dr's scale on 150 to start...I politely moved it to 200 mark and told her that would be more accurate

I am pretty much okay with my weight for the past few years (5 years ago I was a size 4) and I gained about 70-80 lbs over the past few years (stress, anxiety, meds, food for emotion) BUT lately I have been feeling like my size has been hampering some of my lifestyle and that I need to take action on.
    I do exercise 5 days a week and eat right at my 3 meals, but my late-night all day snacking is out of control.

I have failed at WW, alli, atkins, you name it I tried it, because of the defeat I feel after I cheat on a diet, I just give up. Plus I think about food all the time!!!!

I took my first pill after I left the Dr. and have not thought about food as much, has any one else experienced this?

Can anyone give me tips on how to keep the willpower to make phen work for you???
    Thanks everybody and I look forward to your encouraging words!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

sorry I posted in the wrong forum, this was supposed to be in the new area ooops!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi! I've been on Phen for about a week and a half..I think. I also have a hard time thinking about food on this pill, which is great in my book!! My advice is to drink TONS of water. I eat two meals a day, usually low carb/high protein, and several low carb/high fiber snacks throughout the day. I hike everyday, and with my job as a courier for a large hospital, I usually don't have a problem with being active. I did screw up these last two days, with a birthday party and an dinner party the night after. I ate things that I shouldn't have, but now I am back into my healthier state of mind! I also have a cut off time for food at night. I don't eat after 8:30pm. Weird, I know, but I noticed that my night time snacking is under control this way. Lately I have noticed that I am not even hungry anymore at night anyway. Good luck, and I hope that you found some good advice in my ramblings!

replotted Cali-girl! via the NH, GA, MD, PA, now WA road!
    Photos
    View albums

well, i think most people here do a combo of things that works well for them. they use phen to help learn their bodies, and relearn how to really eat well. many people track their cals on sparkpeople or fitday...and u can track fat, sodium, fiber, whatever! but really putting your meals daily into that thing makes a big difference on really seeing what u might think was an ok cal day, to an, oh, look at that!! snacking is okay, many nutritionists say to eat every 3-5 hours anyway, and to do the small meals throughout the day, rather than just a few big meals. keeps the metabolism going!! and of course the water water water...which people on phen say isn't as hard since the phen dries their mouths out so much!! i would start tracking so u can see how to tweak your food choices for what works best for u! and definietly a no no on the late night snacking, i think anywhere btwn 2-3 hours before bedtime is out. good luck, and keep posting!!!
    1/13-152#
    waist-37" arm-12"
    hips-41" thigh-20.5"
    1/25-150# started cla, lean sys 7
    3/18: 141
    w-36.5 arm-11
    hips-41 leg-21
    bust-40.5 underbust-34
    total loss 3"
    5/1 :138
    7/1: 142
    8/8: went vegan!
    8/20: 136
    9/12: 132
    10/24: 130
    traveling plans: md to pa to wa...still in wa!

t-day goal: 128

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Phen works by curbing the appetite as well as speeding up the metabolism. It is normal not to think about food at all. I eat small portions just to maintain nutrients.
    Looking fabulous at darn near 40! Just started phentermine 03/08/08.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I don't feel hungry at all. I have to force myself to eat and when I do it's a very small meal. I am also very thirsty all the time so I drink water non stop. I started exercising and I'm joining the gym on Monday.

I also did something nice for myself and bought a tanning package. This way when I'm at my desired weight I'll be nice an tan as well, right in time for summer, at least that's my plan.
    Started on Phen 2/20. Lost 15lbs from 2/20 thru 3/26!
    SW (2/20) 130lbs
    W2 3/07 125lbs
    W3 3/13 120lbs
    W4 goal 3/20117lbs
    3/26 114lbs
    W5 goal 3/27114lbs
    3/29 113lbs
    W6 goal 4/02 111lbs made on 3/31
    4/5 110lbs more lbs until next goal!
    W7 goal (4/09) 109lbs
    W8 goal (4/16) 107lbs
    Vacation goal (4/21) 106lbs
    W9 goal (4/23) 104lbs
    W10goal (4/30) 103lbs
    (May 1) 108lbs

June 28th 100lbs!

Photos
    View albums

Just make sure you drink plenty of water, watch your calorie intake. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't lose weight. I was exercising, drinking the water, etc. I was taking in more calories than I was burning. I am a night snacker too. I just had to find other things to do to keep my mind off food. I started crosswords, suduko, board games with my hubby and kids, I chew gum and eat flavored ice chips.