Close

Thread: Please read

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    This is a paper that my youngest son wrote for his English class. I am very proud of both of my sons.

March Eighteenth, Two Thousand and Three

One thing that I think that I will never forget is my brother, Brad Woodson, going to war. It was Tuesday, March Eighteenth, Two Thousand and Three. When I got off of my bus that day, I went inside to see my mom getting ready. "We're going to see Brad before he leaves," she told me, "Go get what your taking together." I replied with a simple OK.

Once we left and started to head down the road she told me that Brad's wife e-mailed her earlier and asked her if we wanted to come early and eat with them. My mom told her "Of course we do." So we went. We got to exit one thirteen and waited for my stepdad. Once he arrived we were on our way.

When we got to O'Charlie's we walked inside to see Brad. It was great eating with him, because I don't get to see him too often. We had a good time and a great, not to mention free, meal there. The manager paid for him, his family, and us because of his upcoming departure.

After wards, we left to go to the National Guard Armory in Flat Rock, North Carolina. When we got there, I saw my dad, his wife, and their family, along with two of my uncles. It felt good to see everybody that night. I got to see my dad, my uncles, and got to hear about how my grandmother was doing. Everybody seemed to be fine, except for that one thing―Brad was leaving.

Around eight o'clock the charter bus that would take them to the air base came. We all walked outside to say out goodbyes before the soldiers left. I will never forget that moment. It was drizzling lightly with a light breeze, though it looked much heavier because of the headlights on the bus shining through the rain. His wife, son, and mom were all in tears, everyone else watched as he kissed his wife goodbye, walked to the bus door, turned, and waved goodbye. The lights shining on the rain, and the dark wet pavement in the black of the night only added to the miserable atmosphere. Once everyone leaving was situated on the bus, all the onlookers, including myself, stepped to the side, and watched as it pulled past the line of saluting police officers, and left the parking lot, with everyone not knowing when they would see their loved one again…

My brother is a great man, a wonderful father, a loyal son, a loving husband, an excellent soldier, and above all, a hero to me. I felt happy that night, but sad at the same time. I guess you could say I had mixed emotions, because it was great to see him, but at the same time I didn't want to see him go. I won't forget what he said to us that night, his words were "If I had the choice of going or not having to, I would still go, I couldn't let everyone else go without me, I feel it is my duty to my family, friends, and country."

2. Advertising
    advertising

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

lane, that brought tears to my eyes. brad is in my prayers along with all the other heros out there fighting for our freedom.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you. ((((((HOTMAMA)))))) :heart:

Photos
    View albums

Smile

Lane dang girl I sat there reading and crying. You should be proud of both your sons that letter was beautiful. I'll be praying for Brad along with my other adopted soldier. <<<HUGS>>>
    Are we there yet ???????????

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you Paula! I just had to share it. Nick is so quiet that it is hard to know what he is thinking, so I loved the insight.

I'll be so relieved when all these guys (not just mine) come home.

:heart: to ya!

Photos
    View albums
    Lane,

What a wonderful tribute to his big brother. I know you are proud. I think it is a reflection of what a great job that you did, raising these two fine young men....

Trip

Photos
    View albums
    Lane- When I read your son's tribute to your other son... I made me teary eyed... I just wanted to say Thank you to your son... The fact that he is protecting my country, rights, freedom and life is something that is beyond words... And Thanks to you for raising your son to grow into such an honorable man... I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers... God Bless America and may watch over the troops...
    6-5-02 @ 188lbs2-26-03@135lbs

Photos
    View albums

Lane that was absolutely beautiful. I just sat here and cried. My friend's son is in basic training and they are cutting from 17 weeks to 10 weeks. There is a rumor going around that they are going to Iraq. My friend is a mess for what could happen to her oldest son and every person that is over there. Just wanted to let you know that your son is in our thoughts and prayers.
    Amy

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

well if it's any comfort - my brother said more reserves are being called up way before any newbies are (he's navy reserve 10 years - fixing ships in San Diego right now)

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

You guys are the best! Thank you for all your kind words, they go straight to my heart! :heartpump:

Much love to all of you :heart:

Photos
    View albums
    Oh man Lane~ I just got done reading your post with the beautiful letter...I am bawling my eyes out! Your sons are truly blessed with a wonderful mother...Sounds like you have raised some wonderful children. This hits very close to home as my brother is to leave sometime this week. I hope I am as strong as you are when "the day" comes. God Bless everyone!
    God Bless Our Troops

"Life without goals is like golf without holes"

My best advise to anyone seeking to reach any goal: Keep on keeping on, and NEVER GIVE UP!

Photos
    View albums

Dear Lane,

The paper that your son wrote is so good. I can see the strong relationship there is between your two sons. You can be proud of them.

I wish your son all the best during this difficult period and I hope he'll be back home very soon. Here is Europe, everybody wants this war to finish as soon as possible so that everybody lives in peace.

Take care,

John

2013 will be a GREAT year!!!!

Started Phen Caps on January 1st 2013

http://www.phen.com

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Smile

WoW! That was great.................You must be so proud!!!!
    I'm praying for your son.......hope he comes home soon! :heart: