Close
    Photos
    View albums
    As we approach the one year anniversary of Sept 11, I find myself reflecting again. It took a monumental trafesty to draw us together as a nation, yet split us too in ways. We have added another group to single out due to the actions of a few. I have experienced first hand the prejudices toward Muslims, you see I married one. In reality they are a very peace loving religion. They dont condone violence in any form yet to look around it is not obvious. I understand where the predjudices come from, all we have to do is look to the east. See the nations in turmoil, killing, full of hatred.. all in the name of God. This has gone on from the beginning of time, yet does not make it right.

Anyway I digress here. I saw so many good things come from Sept 11. We found a greater love for our country, we pulled together with other nations to bring justice, we worked side by side to clean up the mess left behind, we found a little more kindness for our fellow man, a little more patience, hopefully realized that today is all any of us really have, so live it like it is your last. Take time to realize what really is important in life. Take time to realize that worry, hatred, bitterness, guilt and any other negative emotion is a waste of today. Is it really how you want to spend your last day?? Will these things matter 3 months from now.. or even a week from now? Life is just too short.

Last year I created a page. Ill post it again..
    Tribute

Warning....this page makes me cry everytime.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums
    Nitra, that webpage was beautuful. We lost a family member; a Firefighter. He was actually my sister's brother-in-law, but we all knew each other. It was a very difficult time for his family. They did Finally find his body in March, and my sister and brother-in-law came back up for the funeral (they already had a memorial service for him in December). I felt so bad for his parents. He (Michael) was one of 10 kids, and his Dad was ground Zero EVERYDAY until they found him. All those poor people. I've been reading about how people don't want to see those events relived on 9/11 this year. I guess I can understand,but I think the LEAST we can do is show respect for all the lost lives. I hope at my work something is done. I went through the WHOLE DAY NOT EVEN KNOWING ALL THE FACTS UNTIL I LEFT THE BUILDING. I just felt gulty that I didn't know everything. Sorry I'm babbling. It's going to be tough getting through work, or whatever we're all doing, but it will be hard to ignore the events that happend the year before. I know I could NOT leave the TV that whole week. It was like I was in SHOCK or hypnotized (sp?)..Anyway, sorry to babble on, thanks for the beautiful tribute.
    SW: 155lb
    CW: 147lb
    GW: 130lb

Photos
    View albums

You are welcome. I felt so many things during that time I just wanted to do something. I know people that traveled from TX to help. Watching it all I was like you, I just sat and stared at the tv. So hard to believe this happened on our homeland. You see this in other countries and it seems to be a part of life, sad but true. The shock sent a wave to be felt for a long time. I dont want to watch it all again but I do think if the families want something they should hold a memorial. A lot of times it just opens wounds that are beginning to heal, while for others it helps the healing. I dont think anyone will forget.