Close
    Photos
    View albums
    Tonight I watched 9/11 on CBS and I can't seem to stop crying. I haven't cried this hard, or this much since the week it happened.

I've always known that firemen, policemen and our military personell were a cut above the average human being. These are people who train for, plan for, and going running into the pits of hell to help the rest of us survive it. I thank God their are people like this, men and women like my father and my uncle. Men who put the lives of others before their own, give those lives more value and in their actions, become our heros, our knights in tarnished, dirty armor who we can never thank enough.

Why is it, most of the time, that we as a society cannot seem to find good things to say about our emergancy service people in every day life? Police.....da** cops, giving us tickets, can't they go find a real criminal? Firemen....... I don't want to vote for that raise, they earn enough already. Military.......they have it easy.....free medical, housing, and retirement after only 20 years. (None of those are my opinions, but I have heard them said countless times over the years.)

It is a true and deep shame that it took something like September 11, 2001 to make us all remember how special these men and women are. God bless them, keep them safe, give them strength, and help us all remember to thank them for their service!
    Inch by inch, pound by pound, gonna get this body down!

sw 244
    cw 184
    gw 135-130
    Beth

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums
    Like you, I am also feeling the sadness all over again. After watching the special on CBS last night and then watching the memorial service this morning, I can't help but feel like it is still so fresh. It doesn't seem like it has already been 6 months. We shouldn't forget so soon though. It is nice to be reminded of the families that are desperately lost without their loved ones and about the heroes that stepped in and risked their own lives...it kinda puts you in your place for a few moments and makes you realize what life is really about. My heart hurts for everyone who was directly related to this tragic event. There are children waking up every morning without someone they used to have...that breaks my heart. I know that the people who done this to our country will pay..if not by the hand of us, then by the hand of God. I hope all of you out there take the time to hug your kids, call your parents, and talk to God. Time is all we have...make it worth it.

"If God be for us, who can be against us?"
    ROMANS 8:31
    rmblack

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

[ March 16, 2002: Message edited by: Ammberlea412 ]
    My favorite nursing quotes:<BR>**Note: Not meant to offend at all - just thought these were funny. Sometimes things get so bad, you gotta laugh to keep from crying...<P>A snarl, a sneer, a needle that stings...these are a few of my favorite things...<P>You say I'm a b**ch like it's a bad thing<P>It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off. <P>Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.<P>You sound reasonable... Time to up the medication.<P>Who me? No, I'm not the nurse, I just wander from room to room<P>How long does it take a nurse to change a light bulb???<BR>Only a minute, but then it takes 45 minutes to document<BR>Seen on a T-shirt at work. "Do you want the DOCTOR in charge, or the NURSE who knows what's going on?"

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hiya Dane!!!!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey Scott & Danelady,

The topic says "Crying, angry all over again!" Fait attention!

(That's French for, "Yo, wake up!")

If you are NOT crying, NOT angry all over again, then you do NOT belong HERE! Now go to "My Experience With Phentermine."

What? It isn't working? Quel Domage! Sin Verquenca! Tsk-tsk-tsk!