Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Good morning, Marg! It is another beautiful day, a little chilly, but sunny & bright!

Today I will be voting (of course) & then visiting my younger son's 4th grade classroom for 1/2 hour. I will avoid the bake-sale fundraiser. I will. I will.

I hate to keep giving you advice, and I don't want you to think that I know all & you know less...having said that, if you don't like your doc, can you switch to someone else? I know in these HMO days that alot of them are busy, stuffing more patients in a day to make more $$, but perhaps you can get a recommendation from a trusted friend or something...you need someone who listens to your concerns & symptoms, not someone who lets things continue from year to year...

As for soccer, my 2 boys have practice on Saturday & games on Sunday, at least for another 2 weeks...then basketball season starts! I am not complaining. I am not complaining. I am not complaining...

I have to say I am pissed off at how politicians that are in the election day are trying to tie things into 9/11. I also want to say that I used to intensely dislike Rudy Giuliani, but he has been incredible since the attacks...

Have a faboo day! Nina

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thumbs up

Happy election day Nina!

Nina, I can not thank you enough for your advise...remember I am a member of a Forum that thrives on it's members giving advise!

I realize I have to take responsiblity for my own health. The doctor I used last year is diffent than the doc I am currently using, tho I told her the results it didn't seem to sink in guess. I am just going to have to keep on top of her. And by the way she was a recommendation, from a good friend! The others I tried were worse or in clinics I couldn't stand being in!
    I must get more information on Cholesterol, I am very confused it seems like most carbs..pastas, sweet cereals are cholesterol free....should I just stick with pasta & cereal then....no problem for me?
    I wish I could compose a letter as well as you but I don't, esecially now I am painfully tired. I agree about the politicians using 9/11 to get emotions or support raised, it makes me sick to my stomach. It still amazes me that only 2 months later and our lives are back on track completely ....thank GOD!
    Best,

Marg
    Margomack********

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Lightbulb

OK, Ms. Marg, last time I will advise you (nah). How about doing some research? Try your library, the bookstore or the Internet. Read up on cholesterol. Also, get your doc to retest your level---maybe it came down!

So, who won in the elections in LI? Did I ever tell you that I grew up in Hicksville? Most of my family still lives there, in East Merrick, Freeport & Port Washington. So, is the new County dude a Republican or a Democrat?

Stay well! Nina

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Hey Nina:
    Sorry I haven't written in so long - it seems I get caught up in a whirdwind of busy stuff and I need to get off once in a while even to just get on this forum and chat with you! Thanks so much for your advice I really do appreciate it.....I have been researching Cholesterol like my life depended on it I think I might have been on some kind of a denial kick when I first heard about it. I'm reading a great book on "Miricle Foods for what ailes you" I am eating only foods that will help lower cholesterol levels and avoiding the ones that do (trying my best at least) I am back at the gym....ALSO QUIT SMOKING!! YEAH....I was down to a few a day and now I am down to 0 or maybe 1....I hope one a day doesn't kill you? I will let you know what happens to my levels in 3 months...it should be interesting to find out!
    I believe we have a Republican in our county now! Hope all is well and you are feeling back to 100% .
    Margo
    Margomack********