Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi Fid:
    How are you on this spooktacular Halloween morning...it's perfect today nice and cloudy but not too cold for the kiddies.
    Our candy is in the other room and keeps calling for me....wish it would leave me alone especially when I got my cholesterol numbers back yesterday and they were 295!!!!!Can't get worse than that! I am so dissapointed...need to research more. My doctor is so vauge just tells me to go on a low fat diet....wht about those calaries tho....I am going to try to power walk today. Have a fun day.
    Marg
    Margomack********

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Good morning Marg!

It's a little overcast here, kind of grey...I bought candy that I don't like, so that won't be a problem, but you know what the problem will be, doncha? The bags the kiddies bring home!

OOOhhh, your cholesterol is a little high---you might need to go on something (pill) to bring it back down---sometimes the doc will repeat it to make sure it's still elevated & then put you on something---it can even be every other day as you are soooo young...

At least the Yankees won last night...

Have fun today & Happy Halloween to you!

Nina (aka Fid)

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi Nina:
    My doctor didin't mention anything about giving a blood test again she only said to go on a low fat diet and we will retest in 3 months. I did test out at 270 last year too..... I think you may think I am younger than I am I am 42 yrs young? I act younger tho
    Margomack********

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi Marg!

Yup, for some reason I had it in my head that you were younger than me...must be the way you write or something...you are actually older than me, by a few years, but that's OK.

If your cholesterol has been high 2 years in a row, you really might need to go on a cholesterol lowering drug. It's not so bad, & there are enough of them out there that you should be able to find one that works for you.

Altering your diet can help, in some cases, but I think (I am not a nutritionist) that you really have to be drastic to lower it---really restrict your intake of high fat foods & red meats, etc. My Dad did it by going veggie, which is a big commitment & not always easy to maintain...

Don't know what kinds of foods you eat, but I think that the feeling in the medical community nowadays is that there are some people who just have high cholesterol, related to heredity or bad genes. Tah-dah! Another thing to blame on your parents, hahaha.

It's drizzling on Halloween! Waaahhh

Nina

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Dear Fid:
    Thanks for the great info on Cholesterol - it really seems like a guessing game with my doctors and I am grateful for your honest professional advice!
    You took some of the heat off me too..I just can't see myself eating only veggies....in addition I need the protein!
    Stay away from that yuckee candy!
    Marg
    Margomack********

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi Marg!

Our personal forum got moved on down the page, how sad---at least it's still here!

How was your Halloween? Mine was hectic, lots of doorbells a-ringing & dinner to make, not that anyone was all that hungry....wonder why? LOL

I am absolutely wiped out by those Yankee games, can you believe it? They end so late & then I gotta get up & go in to work soooo early...I am so hurting right now. I am not complaining, of course, after all, they keep winning. I know you're not a fan, but one neat thing, they have the American flag from the WTC that was still intact although beat up & ripped after the disaster. They have it waving from Yankee stadium. Pretty neat!

Follow up with your doc about the cholesterol, will you?

Take care--Nina

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Nina Nina
    What a nerve bumping our personal forum down a notch....I never.:
    I AM TOO A YANKEE FAN!!!!!!!I always loved the Yanks but lately don't have a chance to watch them on TV as my daughter tires me out...(honest)
    I do cry with tears of joy at the highlights on the morning news tho!
    I will be drinking coffee tomorrow night tho!!!!!!!!!!!GOOOOOOOOOOO YANKEESSSSSSS

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Margomack********

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Good morning on this lovely, rainy day Mz. Marg!

Ooohhhh, I like your quote! Where did you find it? hahaha

I hope the Yankees win tonight---I need more sleep! Can you believe these games? 2 in a row, bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, BOOOM! Un-effin-believable!

Well, gotta go reorganize my house. That shouldn't take long...

Nina