Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    One small but real change since the, at this moment, horroribly unspeakable events of 9/11/01 is the inability to use the pronoun "I" in the same sentence with a feeling associated with these events. Try saying "I" am upset with the events of 9/11 or I am angry at the &*^$$^%$ terrorists and "I" feel helpless and you will quickly feel/sound selfish and be corrected with the term "We" are all angry , upset, feeling helpless, etc. Just an observation and a change in our way of speaking that will last for some time. That being said...I have fallen off the fitness wagon and have gained back the weight I lost after 2 months of almost daily exercise and good eating. WE may be upset by the past and current events but I am an emotional eater. I am learning that tho we are all angry I stuff my anger with carbs! Terrible habit I'm realizing I've had since childhood...I had stopped this when the Phen was working and now realize how GREAT I felt eating right and exercising and not eating junk food, only on occasion and in tiny doses!! I am cranky now and don't want to socialize or work due to the downright uncomfortableness I feel in my body and the shame of looking like I gained 10+ lbs. Wish this magic pill worked for life but it just gave me/us a taste of what it feels like to be a "normal" eater. The exercise part was the bonus of the increased energy that comes with eating healthy and being thinner. Tomorrow's another Monday tho Marg
    Margomack********

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Marg,

How are "we"? It's Tuesday, a beautiful fall day & the leaves have begun to carpet the lawn. The Yankees did what no team has ever done & came back after being down 0-2 & won 3 straight & Derek Jeter is The Man!

Me? Happy & grateful to be alive--happy that my family & friends are alive, happy to have a job to go to, even if it's in "Anthrax-infested" NYC--just kidding---LOL

My 12 year old is a pitcher in a fall baseball league & he gave up a grand-slam home-run, much to his & my hubby's unhapiness...and you know what? It didn't bother me at all---that's how I've changed---it's like the Tragedy smoothed out all my rough edges & now I'm numb & mellow. Sure, I cry sometimes, especially when I pass the memorial at the Port Authority---bagpipes playing "Amazing Grace"...

I feel your pain, Marg, I really, really do. Fid

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Cool

Dear Fid:
    I always love getting replies from you Thank you for being so kind and reading my silly ramblings. I agree too Fid that I am much more mello and grateful now too most times as I try to live and fully enjoy one hour, one day at the time. The weather is so incredibly beautiful here on the east coast and I am totally lovin spending time with the kids and preparing for halloween, etc...and enjoying the gifts of being a free American! My husband had tears of joy in his eyes watching the game....wish I was more of bb fan I'm just so tired at night after taking care of my sweet lil girl (4). GO YANKEESSSSSSSSSSS MARG
    Margomack********

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Marg!

Another gorgeous day--fall leaves everywhere, but sunny & warm. Aren't we lucky?

Today I get 2 baseball games, 1st my 12 year old's & then my Yankees. It's a perfect baseball watching kind of day.

How are you feeling?

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Talking

Hi Fid:
    How are you doing today on this almost 80 degree October? The weather is so incredible I feel like we live in CAlifornia but our trees are so brilliantly colorful. Life does go on......I am going to get back on track with my weight today. I feel so much better when I work out and eat healthy and feel like I have SOME control. I just can't believe I worked so hard for 3 months and then lost all the benefits in 4 weeks! NOt fair....be the beauty of it is Today can begin clean slate.
    Marg
    Margomack********

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Marg!

You sound like me! Actually I was doing awesome in weight & exercise until I got bursitis in my knee for which I had to stay home from work. That's where I was, on my couch, ice pack on knee, tummy full of vioxx, puppy in lap when the WTC came crashing down. Ugh, I feel grateful that I wasn't there & guilty that I wasn't there---I'm a nurse in NYC, did I tell you that, Marg? My co-workers did major disaster, trauma stuff, spent days at the hospital while I stayed home with the bum knee. Oh, the guilt...

But, yeah, gotta move on, gotta move. Knee looks ugly, but no pain, so enough waiting for the next disaster, right? Time to live!

This IS weird weather...wonder how Halloween will be....write back, you know this is our own personal section of the forum, the Marg/Fid experience....Love, Fid