Close
    Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

This morning after putting my son in his car seat and the stuff I bought in the car at the Wal-Mart parking lot, I was stopped in my tracks, everyone was. A big passenger Jet flew by over the store and parking lot, so low that we could read the name of the airline on the side and smell the fumes from the exhaust. I have to tell you every person in that parking lot just stopped and watched, it flew by rising only a little before it finally after it seemed like forever got high enough to be lost in the low hanging rain clouds.

I was shaking when I got in my car and a man stopped me and asked me if I just saw that jet? I told him I had and then just started bawling like a baby. I was shaken and I am ashamed to say scared. Girls I think I am losing it really. Is this stupid, planes probably fly low all the time, has any one else felt this sense of panic?

I have been keeping busy all day just to straighten myself out. Let me know what you all think, I am listening.

Love to you all
    Netta

2. Advertising
    advertising

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

You haven't lost your mind at all. I think it's quite a normal reaction considering what happened last week. I heard helicopters flying over last night around 1 a.m. & was wondering what was going on. I think we are all suspicious of anything to do with planes or jets. I hope you are doing better now. We'll be ok.

Jen

Photos
    View albums

Hi Netta dear

The feeling is understandable. Delta airlines announced most of their flights were only two thirds full. One man reported a flight he was on only had 10 people aboard. Last night as I walked my dog I was looking up at the stars and saw a small light moving through the sky. I knew it was a plane. I stopped and watched as it made its way to unknown destination. Im not sure why, maybe to make sure it kept going, maybe to just watch. I love to fly but right now Im not so sure I would board a plane. At least not yet. Too much healing to do at this point. The grieving process is part of the healing process.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Nitra,

I am so glad to hear from you today, thank you. You know it really is a normal reaction, but I didn't expect it from myself. I felt so silly for being affraid of a low flying plane.

I had made up my mind that I was not going to be affraid to fly and to travel, that if we could get our trip back together then I would still go, but given how I reacted today I think I better wait.

I hope you are doing ok, I have thought of you often Nitra, from the time we were worried about you traveling to your news of your friends. I am praying and thinking of you and wishing you some peace.

Thank you for your kind words and yours too Jen I don't want to leave you out, I am O.K. now really afterwards I went to my moms house and made her give me a hug****she didn't even give me her normal response "you are 30 years old, do you really need a hug from your mom?"

thanks all
    Netta

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Wink

you are not the only one who feels this way...i was driving home from work on our interstate and saw a HUGE plane flying so very low...everyone in front of me kinda slowed down..i almost pulled over to the side of the road...i kept expecting the jet to explode in mid air or crash..it looked like it was going soooo slow...i just wanted to share this so you wouldnt think you were alone...=) rain

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm getting freaked out at things easier than planes. I live in Atlanta- right outside the city in a very conjested area. My apartment complex is very wooded and road noise is almost non existant. But for the past few days - everytime a fire truck -ambulance or police car goes by - I automatically thing something terrible has happened. I am two mile away from some huge scryscapers!

I keep hoping it will stop soon

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I hope it stops soon too. I really think we are done with terrorist attacks right now. I hope that is not just wishfull thinking. I am trying to be senseble about things, I never imagined that it would affect me in this way. I am trying not to be scared and I am trying to hold my head up high and just go about my normal life. This is really much easier said then done. There is not a minute that goes by that I am not thinking of the people who were trapped in those buildings. I am very sad and anything can make me cry.

Hang in there girls, we are the lucky ones at least we have each other to talk to about our fears and help each other face tomorrow. So many people don't have that.

love to you all
    Netta

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Netta,
    As I am writing this, I can hear the jets talking off from the FAA Tech center near my house. They are patroling the eastern seaboard. I was ok with this in the few days after the attacks, I felt safe but since commercial flights have resumed, I cringe when they go over head. Any plane makes me stop in my tracks. I know this will pass! I know I will fly again! I just wish I could feel "normal" again. Some day soon! Some day soon!

liz

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy

OMG!
    I had that happen to me on this past Thur. I was in the kitchen putting grocery's away and all of a sudden I heard a super loud noise, then I could tell it was a plane and I swear that it sounded like it was falling out of the air. I truely panicked, grabbed my 2 kids and went to the slidding glass door to the back yard....If I am going to die I'd rather be outside than trapped inside...then I could see this jet flying low over where I live.......FREAKED ME OUT!
    I was just shaking and immediately started bawling and was begining to hyperventalate (sp?).

My 5 year old son was telling ME that it was ok...how sad that we have to feel this way now. Then he asked me if the plane was going to crash into us.....HOW HORRIBLE. My 1.5 yr old was just being silent, she could tell something was up.

I was just terrified. I felt so helpless and vulnerable yet mad at the same time that this has happened to AMERICA.... I can't even imagine how those poor people felt on those planes, in the buildings, and surrounding areas.... If I was freaked out by just a plane going by, I probly would have had a heart attack If I had been in N.Y>

Oh,
    it feels so good to get this off my chest! I kinda feel silly that I feel this way now...I don't like it at all.

Thank you all for sharing your stories! God Bless you all, GOD BLESS AMERICA!

blkopal6

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Wow it's good to hear I'm not alone! I am constantly (since the 11th) checking out or asking what every single sound I hear is. I keep thinking did I really not pay attention to how loud the planes sound or how low they look lke they are flying. We will be the last to know if the pilots were told to fly low for some reason ...maybe there were "cover" planes above them. This is a totally different time for us in America...it's just amazing....but people do go on ...it's amazing. Margo...PS: funny how now my weight isn't really too big an issue lately..and I'm wondering if a little extra weight will not be totally "unfashionable " now. I can't see the old runway anorexic -sp look being in too much favor any time soon!

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you girls, trust me I felt soooo silly, even posting that in here. Can you imagine, yes you can and thank goodness I don't feel so stupid now. I am telling you that weight is not even an issue for me now, I don't even think about it. This has changed my life, it has changed what I think is important.

Last night as we were watching the beginning of the Bronco game and they brought out the huge AMERICAN FLAG, my husband and I stood there in our living room with our hands above our hearts singing the national anthem, soon my children came in and joined us. As we all stood there in the living room, I thought now this is important. But I never thought just singing the national anthem would reduce me to tears.

thanks girls

Netta