Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Phen friends,

As I start seeing the military machine gear up here at one of the biggest installations in the country, I don't need phen to lose my appetite. I hope that you all won't mind the candidness in my thoughts shared below.

And I am really upset with those people I see on TV who are so eager to shed our military's blood. I'll bet you their husbands, wives, sons and daughters are not in the military, otherwise they wouldn't be so eager. I will also bet that they are not thinking about the homefront. Americans still don't think war can happen here, in our front yard. It could this time, we never know. Would they be so eager to shed American blood if it were their own?

PLEASE don't get me wrong. I believe we must stand up and face this enemy-- militarily, economically, and politically. My husband is proud to serve this country and feels empowered by being in a position to do something about this tragedy. I just hate it when people take our military for granted and they don't realize that freedom is not free. I am a mom of a 5 month old. I pray that my son will grow up with a father and that I will grow old with my husband, whom I adore.

My parents are from the Philippines originally. They grew up during WWII. My dad remembers living like a nomad in the ruins of war. His family's prominence (they were politicians, doctors, professors, etc.) meant nothing when everything was destroyed by war. Perhaps that is why I worry so much if the war came here. Sometimes as Americans we forget that wars can happen in our own front yards. It is scary.

Lil gem

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think war did happen in our "front yard", especially if your front yard is the Pentagon or the World Trade Center, you know?

I can only imagine what you're going through. Take heart that there has been no rush to retaliate--sane, calculating minds are at work, asking our allies for help.

Photos
    View albums

I understand why you are upset. My guy is reserve and his brother has already been deployed to the Gulf. Jorge is also a cop so risks his life everyday to protect us. He has gunshot wounds, knife wounds, has had his personal vehicle shot up while he sat in a WalMart parking lot. He knew the dangers when he chose this job just like military. Not a nice thought but a realistic one. He is a single dad of a 5yr old boy, who everyday faces growing up without his dad.

Look at the pictures of NY and the Pentagon and war is happening right here right now. Over 5000 lives were lost in a few minutes. I am not thrilled that we have to take the action that is imminent but it is necessary. Many lives, homes, businesses and general well being have already been destroyed. It is a sad time we are in right now.

More lives lost will not bring back the ones lost the first of the week but if we dont do something we will continue to lose lives. The terrorism will continue.

The leaders are taking their time and making sure they do this as right as it can be done. The nation is praying for those lost and for the men and women in uniform who are trying to make this world a safer place.

Your fear is understandable. Do not be afraid to express it here or anywhere.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Lil Gem I am feeling you pain, cause my hubby is military and so is my younger sisters. She has been crying all day cause Our husbands just went to California for NTC and she is 4 months pregnant (which makes her very emotional anyways) and he is gone for the next month. She said she was lonely and scared about the war that is going to more than likely break out. Also the fear of not having him come back and having her baby with out a father. I am also very scared for my husband, but he makes me so proud cause he also is very excited to go and serve our country. I am very in love with him and scared he may not come back. I have never had to deal with the loss of a close loved one yet. But I also can't imagine how all those families and friends must be feeling right now from the loss of there loved ones. I wish this never happened but the reality is that it did and we must put an end to it. It is such a helpless feeling. All I can do is just pray for america, and and this whole situation.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

lilgem,

I know that you are scared and many of us are. But please know that we are just not going to send our military out there to lose more lives. I know and the people making the decisions know that that is a possiblility that is why we haven't loaded up the planes and already gone.

I am one of the ones who is ready when they say the word to go and end this with whoever they determine it is. That does not mean that I want to offer up more blood of Americans. Nitra has a very good point though and that is that our military is our only defense, they are what we are going to have to rely on to help us end this and to make sure that it doesn't happen again. I have many many family members active duty and in reserves and I too am scared for them, however I am more proud of them than any thing. They know that this was a possibility when they signed up and they are more than eager to deffend our country (just as I am very sure that your husband is) We as relatives have to just be proud of them and support them and pray for them.

I am praying for your husband, you and your son. May he never have to know the worry that you face now. I sincerely hope that we take care of this and our children never have this to worry about in their future.

loving thoughts to you and your family.

Netta

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks everyone, for hearing me out, and for sharing your thoughts and experiences as well. When you have to spend each day putting on a brave face (in order to support your husband, who has enough worries of his own), it helps to be able to vent here.

I am pretty much trying to get in the mindset that he will have to deploy somewhere, so that if/when that times come, I'm as prepared as I can be. We have to fill out paperwork for a will and power of attorney-- talk about sore reminders of the situation at hand. We just learned that one of our good friends is already preparing to leave for destinations unknown, and I am sure that is just the start.

All of your prayers, support, and kind words are deeply appreciated.

Lil gem

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Lil Gem,

God bless you and give you the strength to go through each day. Please know that we are all here for you. Any thing you need at all please let me know. Whether hubby has been deployed or not. I might have to snail mail it to you but you will get it.

Much Love to you, please let your husband know that everyone here is thinking of him and his commrades in the military wishing them well and praying for them and their families.

lots of love
    Netta

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Lil Gem,

I just wanted you to know that my prayers are with you, your husband, your family, and all military personel and their families.

I pray everyday normally, and find myself doing so several times during the day. I pray His grace will be shed on us all...

Blessings,
    Mireille