Close
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy

Hello Dear Phen Family,

Gosh.....today was so hard.
    The manager of our center came out to the sales floor, told us to put EVERYONE on hold......and after a few words....asked us to join him in a moment of silence.
    Well......that was it for ol Moony.
    I couldn't "hold back" any longer......felt funny to cry like that at work.
    I still have not done the HUGE release type of crying but.......need to do so soon.

I have been sooooooo focused on doing my job and doing it well. I really enjoy helping people...... and working as a Customer Care Rep for Southwest Airlines enables me to do JUST THAT.

Here is a small example of the type of calls we have had to handle in the past few days.......(I'll try to give you the short version!)

These are the details.....
    Woman traveling with a one year old and a two year old~~she did not speak ANY English~~on Tuesday she was flying from the East coast to the West coast and her flight had to land in Little Rock.
    I believe an airline employee wrote down on a piece of paper all of her instructions......but remember....she does not speak English and the note was in English. She was shuttled to a hotel and by Wed. evening she was totally out of money.
    She had been paying for all her meals....and feeding the kids, etc. She DID NOT KNOW that the hotel was feeding them or that SWA was picking up the tab on her room.
    (this is NOT true in every case)
    Anyway....by the time the call came into us......she was completely broke....the kids didn't even have diapers and they had not eaten any food yesterday!!!
    This woman came in on our 1-800 Spanish line.

We took care of it.....called the hotel......req. a Spanish speaking person to help her......etc.

Another man......88 years old......partially blind....in a wheelchair......traveling alone from Houston to Chicago...also stuck in Little Rock.......lost and alone.

I've talked to sooooooo many people that either knew someone that perished on Tuesday or was a relative.....or.......just in shock and disbelief.

Since the moment this horrific act of pure hell happened on Tuesday.......our Airline center has been swamped with phone calls.
    I talk NON-STOP all day long and try to resolve other peoples problems and listen to their stories.
    It is MORE then sad.....and it breaks my heart.

The center HATES to do this to us.....but we have had MANDATORY overtime.... whether we wanted it or not!! At least 2 hours with your 8 hour shift and at least 4 hours on your first day off.
    Guess who should shut up RIGHT NOW and get her butt in bed because she has to be back an work a 5:00am ?

Things will NEVER get back to normal.....if "normal" is what led up to the events of Tuesday, Sept. 11th........then I don't ever want to see "normal" again.

Hey you guys......hang in there.
    WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS. AND WE WILL REMAIN UNITED

My eyes look like tiny little slits.....from lack of sleep and way tooooooooo much emotional heartache.

I must say good night and give you many
    hugs.........

Moon

Blessings to all of you.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Smile

Hello DEAR Moony

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I LOVE YOU MOON

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I LOVE YOU DANELADY!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Blessings on you Moon, try to get some rest.

lose

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hello dear Robin and Danelady.

lose

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

good night moony, god bless you

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    lose,
    I wish you could come down here for awhile.We just released a Bloodhound to New york. I can't deal with this. This is the U.S!! We love everyone!!! Don't WE???????

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I love you too Robin. If you and Mike need to get away for awhile. My door is open..

Photos
    View albums

Moon I know what you are going through. I work in an emergency travel call center. We handle these type of things everyday.This is worse than I have ever seen things. The stress level is high. We have great managers that are providing catered food and walking the floor to make sure everyone is ok. They have a tv on the floor tuned into CNN so we know what is going on. At noon yesterday, during the prayer service, they had us all put our callers on hold and observe a moment of silence. We had an office in WTC 1 and another one in one of the other buildings. No one was hurt from American Express but many of our corporate accounts had people on the planes. I read the list and knew some of the names. Going to work is hard but we keep saying at least we are helping in some way. I had several callers yesterday tell me they are so greatful we are there and how kind, patient and helpful we are and that they appreciate the work we do.

This touches me on a different level. Jorge heads up a team that handles crisis situations. He took the dogs to OKC bombing and to A&M bonfire. I saw Danelady's post about the dog leaving on Friday and have to wonder if Jorge is gone too. He said Thursday night that he would probably be in NY on Friday. I have not heard from him since we got back.

Just take care of yourself so you can help others. Im off to work now.

God Bless everyone.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Moon & Nitra, You are such strong women(whether you know it or not), we are proud of what you both are doing! My thoughts and prayers are with you both and your families. Love, Beth

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Danelady, yes we do love everyone. My heart is broken about your dog, Jethro. I know that you love your dogs just like they were your children. I'm sitting here crying right now, thinking about all the pain this tragedy has caused.

I love you dear,

Cindy

Photos
    View albums

Moon, could you please email me, I have a question for you.
    Thanks
    ~Sea~

[This message has been edited by SeaCruisin (edited September 15, 2001).]

Photos
    View albums

Wink

OMG Gosh.....

I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOOOOO MUCH!

I haven't had time to post....and right now I am walking out the door for church....can't be late...I KNOW it will be very crowded.

I wish we could all be together right now....holding hands in a big wide circle.
    You all mean so much to me.

I'll come back after church and get caught up with ya'll.

Take care and God Bless.

Love and hugs,
    Deb

P.S. Sea....Sorry babe....can't write...right this sec....but I will when I get back. Hugs!

Photos
    View albums

Wink

Ok Sea.....I just sent you an email like you asked me to.

I will check back a little later to see if you wrote back with your question.
    Church was extremely gut wrenching and I cried me eyes out along with my wonderful friend Joey and hubby Bill.

My eyes burn like fire so I am going to lay down and close them for a little while.

Hugs,
    Moony