Close
    Photos
    View albums
    A few years ago, I dated this guy in the military..he was the best thing that happened to me..unfortuntaly we broke up =(
    but we still remain really good friends...I called him last night nad he told me that he was on standby as well as another close friend of ours...i have a friend at work who is on standby as well..and someone out in cali that's a navy man that is on standby..these are our military men...i dont know about you people...but um...its scary. this is my first time really having to deal w/ this. its so scary, because the fact is soemone people wont come home...you know. i also have alot of family in the military..
    lets keep our military in our prayers!!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Some have already been deployed. While in CA Jorge called home and his brother was sent to the Gulf and the base had been locked down. No incoming or outgoing calls so they were unable to speak to his brothers wife. A friend of mine here has a brother in CA that is in the same situation.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Yes MixedMami it is very scary. My husband is in the military and today he said they got a letter from the president that their commanding general is gonna read to them. I am dieing to know what it is about. I am so scared for my husband. They are on alert here also. I always said I would never marry someone in the military until I met him. I can't imagine knowing that he is gonna go to war. My sister is also married to a man in military and she is 3 and a half months pregnant. She has been crying since she heard about this.
    OMG NItra they are already deploying people? I never heard that! Ok now I am really scared.

[This message has been edited by brneyes (edited September 14, 2001).]

Photos
    View albums

we gotta keep the faith and stay strong. easier said then done. i never lost a loved one in war, like alot did in vietnam, ww1, ww2 or anything like that...but....im trying to keep my head held high...they are going for a reason, to protect us, your kids, and my kids one day, so they can have freedom and all that we have and cherish so much.

Photos
    View albums

brneyes
    Im sorry to scare you.

I did get some calls at work today from corporate travelers that were trying to get home and some of them are reserve. They had their orders to report Monday to active duty.