Close
    Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

You guys the most amazing thing happened to me this morning. I have to tell you this has affected my community and in a good way. I was so inspired by the post "MY NAME IS OLD GLORY" (you have to read it, it's awesome) I went to Home Depot to get a bracket to hang up our Flag. I had my one year old son with me, I got him out of the car and headed across the parking lot, I stopped to let a big delivery truck cross before us, but he stopped for us and let us go. O.k. that seems somewhat normal just a nice person right? Then I got to the door and a gentlemen held the door for me, another very nice person? Then I must have looked lost a man asked me if I needed help and I told him what I needed he took me around that entire store to get what I needed and then explained to me how to install the thing into bricks, another nice person. I headed to the checkout arms full, I hadn't bothered to get a cart, I got in line and two people in front of me let me go first, in front of them. The checkout clerk was so helpful she held my son while I dug in my purse for my cash.

I know that it's really sad that these acts of kindness should shock me. If this is the way America is going to change after this tragedy it certainly isn't for the worse. Did we need this wake up call, to become human beings again?

You guys let me know what you think, I don't venture out much, just to take the kids to school. Let me know if you are having the same experiences.

Love and Peace to you all

Lonetta

2. Advertising
    advertising

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I agree - I have noticed a change in behavior. I have to battle Atlanta traffic every day - and all of the sudden people are being so much more curtious. Its like there was never such a thing a road rage.
    I hope everyone cherishes this feeling of togetherness we are having now, I want to hold on to as long as i can.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Yes, I noticed it too here in NY...especially from our men here...they have been especially polite. Joggers say hello, etc....everyone is more aware of everything now. American has woken up!! God Bless all..margo

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    It's just such a shame that it took an awful event that took so many lives to wake America up, don't you think?? Everyone talks about the "majority" of Americans believe in God, well that's good, but it's bad that the majority of the time they don't act like it!!

Why couldn't we have shown this kindness and thoughtfulness before now? Why do we have to be such a selfish people? Forgive me for ranting, it's just thoughts coming to the surface in light of all this.

Please don't misunderstand. I am very glad that you have witnessed a turn around and people ARE thinking of others for a change.

Cherish your loved ones, your friends, even your acquaintances. Pray for your enemies, sometimes they end up being friends!! I'm just an emotional wreck....

Take care everyone..

Rena

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Maybe because before this, we took it all for granted. I think it happens often & that's why we get these wake-up calls. Hopefully this will not fade after time has gone by.

Jen

Photos
    View albums

Wink

Netta.....
    I could say "ditto" to your entire post.
    I haven't been out and about much since Tuesday but I must say....the people I talk to at work are.....DIFFERENT.
    They are humble...they are sad...they are scared...they are concerned and they are so friendly with tons of compassion in their voice tone.
    This is after waiting on hold for 25 minutes to speak with a reservation agent.

Before Sept. 11th, they would have been upset they had to wait so long to get through.
    No one seems angry with the "little things" in life.

Two years ago....Southwest airlines mailed the book "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" out to all of their 27 thousand plus employees to read. This was a pretty good expense but obviously they thought it was worth it....
    I guess they were right...
    "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff"...because it is ALL SMALL STUFF......until now or should I say....it was until last Tuesday.
    Now....the small stuff really does seem small.

~Peace~
    Moony