Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I was sitting on the porch with my puppy when I smelled it. I thought someone was paving a road nearby. My hubby says, "That's what the city smelled like yesterday." The wind had shifted & now that smell had gone north, over the George Washington Bridge & into my town.

Several kids in the 4 elementary schools, 5 kids in the middle & high schools have fathers who haven't come home. We whisper amongst each other as we wait in the car line outside of school--"What floor was he on? Which tower was he in?"

I can't concentrate on anything--forget to make school lunches, don't bother to shop for dinner, worried about my friends & neighbors. I ask, "Is everyone in your family safe? Have they made it home?" Can't sleep, etc.

It'll take a long time to find all the bodies, if they ever find them all. How long does a person wait for word from a loved one before you assume that they're dead?

Fid

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Queensland Australia, Beautiful one day, perfect the next!
    Photos
    View albums
    im not sure that anyone can give up hope until they see proof of their loved ones death. Hope is such a strong thing. If we dont have hope what do we have?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Fid...been wondering how you were and where you were, haven't seen you around. That is so awful about all the lives that this has touched. I guess you never stop hoping...look at the people after Vietnam..still, some think that their loved ones are alive in captivity~so sad, but hope is what keeps us going in unbearable times. Only God can give the comfort that we need at this hour and it helps to know that a Higher Power is in control. Take care, Sarah