Close
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy

Hi my dear Phen Family,

We made it through the second day. They have offered huge amounts of overtime (I was in the building at 4:40 this morning! ) and didn't leave until 4:45 this afternoon.

I worked as a Custmer CCare Rep (the Supervisor line) all day.
    Very busy.....over 200 calls on hold all day long. I was amazed how understanding most of our passengers have been. Some are "stuck" in a city where they don't know a soul. Some are old....some are blind and traveling alone and feel lost and scared.

I spent most of the day "re"scheduling restricted tickets and honoring fares. We also were offering refunds (on nonrefundable tickets) for people who DID NOT WANT TO FLY TODAY...TOMORROW...OR...EVER AGAIN!

I'm not sure....but the rumor was.......we were the only airline offering refunds.

I have to be back at five in the morning .......the one good thing about that hour is.....THERE IS NO TRAFFIC!

I do NOT work at the airport.....I am in a building away from the airport and even though we had another groud stop today.....the reservation department was slammed with calls.

Last night I went to sleep (couldn't turn TV off) at 1:00am and the alarm went off at 3:15am!!!!!!!
    That is NOT enough sleep for me to work....like I want and need to work.

I must get more hours tonight.......going to shut down in a few minutes.

I love you guys and I will pray for all of us. Ya'll have such a tremendous amount of good......and love in your heart.

United we stand......and United we will stay.

Blessing to all,
    Moon

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Moon,

I was glad to see your post. I thought of you several times today. I know without a shadow of a doubt, that you were a blessing to a lot of people today. Your heart shines through a computer screen. I know people can really feel your warmth when hearing your voice.

Just wanted to tell you that you were thought of, often, and to offer a real good "shoulder" when your work week is over!

XXXOOO,
    Lane

Photos
    View albums

Oh Gosh Lane....you are way too kind and I thank you dearly for the wonderful pat on the back.
    All my coworkers were kind of making comments on how "bad" I looked today.
    (not enough sleep and close to tears)
    They weren't being mean....just concerned....I am usually the "life of the party" and couldn't seem to offer up a laugh today.
    However.......being able to work with the public and see first hand the spirit across our Great Nation......well....it warms my heart.
    There really is MORE good...than bad in the world.....and right now we just have to look a little closer.

Thanks again Lane and Good Night Phenland.

Hugs,
    Deb

Photos
    View albums

Darn.....one more thing.
    The end of my first post makes me look like I work for United.
    Not that it matters because it doesn't matter...... WHAT airline I work for......we are ALL a member of the human race.

I usually don't like to mention "which" airline (for security reasons) but what the heck......I work for SOUTHWEST AIRLINES and damn proud of it!

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Moony,

I know I missed you and you are already working this morning. I just want to tell you how lucky the people are that get your help, you are such a wonderful and caring person I know that you take it very personnally where these people have to go and to get them help. You hang in there and continue to be the wonderful person that you are.

You really hit the nail right on the head, you are right "United we stand" here in our home towns, here in our families and here in our forum. I am so glad to hear from you and that you are holding up. Bruised but still kicking.

Take care of yourself and drop a line or two when you have a minute.

Thinking of you and praying for you and your family.

Much Love
    Lonetta