Close

Thread: What's next???

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I can't seem to help but wonder, what's next? I don't think it's over. Nobody has claimed responsibility.Wall street is supposed to reopen on Friday and my husband was told he better report to work. He is so scared. He was so traumatized by what he went through. He really thought he was going to die. Now he is expected to show up at work?I know he wants to be strong for his family, but I feel that it's not over yet, and the stock exchange is definately a target for terrorists. How do we go on from here? I feel so helpless and vulnerable. I spent all day yesterday in hysterics. Now he's home safe.But he's supposed to go back Friday? I don't want him to go back there.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Moosh - I think you're right. It's not over yet. I'm scared, too. These beasts, these monsters will stop at nothing. I know our government is doing everything they can to protect us. But I am terrified. For all of us. May God watch over you and your family. God bless you.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm having a really hard time getting back to a routine. I'm afraid to turn off the T.V,in case something happens,I want to know immediately. My husband had to go back to work today(Not in Manhatten)thank god.He's not sure why he had to show up at the main office. I do know that they plan to offer him and his co-workers counseling, which helps I guess. But he is really not coping well and I don't know what to do.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Moosh,

I know how you feel--I feel the same way. Like you, my family is safe, but I feel like...there was my life before & my life now. Such a sense of doom.

Did the fumes hit LI? We got it here in northern NJ yesterday. Un-effin-belevable.

My RN buddies at NYU Medical Center tell me that although they cancelled all their surgery--they have done no surgery related to survivors. Nothing! Where are the bodies?

Do you have kids? My oldest is very jumpy--scared of noises & loud bangs. Worried. The younger one is blissfully unaware.

Hubby drove in as NJ buses are erratic. He says the skyline broke his heart as he drove past it from a distance.

Take care, Moosh....Fid

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I know I'm not up there in the middle of all of this so I don't know exactly what it's like, but I know they say it is best to try to get back into your normal routine as much as possible. Psychologically it somehow calms you even though you are afraid. I don't think anything more will happen in New York. It is so well guarded at the moment that I doubt anything more is possible. I know that's easier said than believed. I wish I could be more comforting. Whoever did this is not sticking around, they are on the run & hiding.

I know it seems as though the government isn't doing all that much at the moment, but they are. They just won't reveal what they are doing, but no way do they want anything more to happen. The President wouldn't be at the White House if he thought he was in danger. Especially knowing that is the one target they missed.

I hope your husband is ok, I'm surprised they are making him go to work, but at the same time, I'm sure they've been told that getting back to some degree of normalcy is what is needed to remind you that you are ok. Get him grief counseling.....he truly needs to verbalize & get out what he's feeling. Don't let him be a typical male & internalize it all--it will just harm his health in the long run.

Jen

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Jen, I think you're right... people in the New York area don't have anything MORE to fear. The terrorists aren't THAT stupid, are they? (They already showed quite some ignorance in bombing a building that houses more than... 70 or 80 countries busienesses? lol)

What I hope our officials and military will be on guard for, and prepared for, is if they attack somewhere ELSE, while everyone's attention is on New York.... they might use it as a diversion.

I haven't quit praying for all this. And as in another post mentioned, this makes me FIGHTING mad!!!! I have always been raised to be proud of my country, and when someone tries to take advantage of us because (on the most part) Americans are generous people, I HOPE we do some major retaliation!!

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Not only that, but the President has announced he will be going to New York on Friday, right down to the area where this is all going on. I don't think they would allow him to go there if there was even a hint of any more danger. I'm actually surprised they are announcing it to the world, but then again, I guess they want to send a message not just to people in the U.S....but all over the world that we are not going into hiding, we are doing what Americans do & that is stand proud & be there for one another. We will triumph.

Just the fact that no one will claim responsibility for this shows that they are in fear of us. And they should be, they'll get what is due. It's sad that more lives will be lost in the mid-East, but it was a cowardly attack on the U.S. & they'll get what is coming to them.

Like the President said today, this could be the beginning of the end of terrorism & that could be a good thing that comes out of this horrible tragedy. I know it seems unlikely, but look at all of the nations that are uniting as a result of this. This is the first time that Russia has united with U.S. & are in full support of us. It feels good that these other countries are standing up with us when usually they don't take any part in things like this--they prefer to remain neutral. It is a loud message to terrorists that this won't be tolerated. A war between countries is one thing, but to destroy innocent lives for no reason is uncalled for. Perhaps this could in a very strange way be the beginning of world peace.

I hear what you're saying Rena...about maybe NY is the diversion & something might happen somewhere else. It is a possibility, but it always has been a possibility. The only difference now is that we are very aware of how vulnerable the United States is. I'm actually surprised nothing happened down here in Florida with NASA located here. We are still on full military alert & I expect it will be that way for awhile.

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenerizer (edited September 13, 2001).]

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Well, my husband is being sent home as we speak. He said there is total chaos this afternoon. There are bomb threats all over the city and people are being evacuated. A little bit of good news though. THEY JUST FOUND 5 PEOPLE STILL ALIVE IN THE RUBBLE!!!! There is still hope for at least some of these people.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Yes, that is great news about the 5 firemen they found. There are bomb threats all over the nation. It makes me wonder who is calling them in & why because so far, no bombs have been found. I hope it's not people that are simply getting a thrill out of scaring other people.

Jen