Close

Thread: I'm SO SCARED!!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My husband was there, in the middle of all this in manhatten yesterday. He had to literally run for his life!!He said he is so lucky to be alive.I have never seen him so devastaded before, and I have been with him for 14 years. He works at the New york Stock Exchange, and although he is not going back to work yet, how can I feel safe with him going back there at all? Are we ever going to feel safe? We were also planning a weekend stay in Manhatten on the 21st, for his 30th b-day.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I just found out my husbands partner said he will not be going back to work. I really don't know what to feel. My husband said he has to go back, but I don't think it is safe. Nobody knows what they will do next. The New York Stock Exchange is definately a target. Suddenly being overweight,feels damn good. It feels great just to be alive!! My thoughts and prayers are with family and friends of those who weren't so lucky. My husband feels he got a second chance at life.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

It's ok to be scared...especially now when the reality of it all is just setting in. Urge your husband to get grief counseling. This is something that has never happened ever before & more than likely will never happen ever again.

There are so many acts of terrorism that are blocked everyday in our world, unfortunately, this time it got through & it was devastating. We'll survive this though & be stronger & more united than ever before.

We truly aren't safe anywhere...and I don't mean simply because of terrorism--crime, traffic accidents, freak accidents--I truly believe that if it is your time to go, you can't escape it, no matter what is behind it. You can't let the fear overwhelm you. This is what the terrorists want, don't give it to them. Don't give them that satisfaction.

Take care of your husband, I'm sure he's feeling quite vulnerable & scared. He'll be ok though, you'll be ok, we'll all be ok. Just have faith.

Jen

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Moosh - so glad your hubby is ok!!!
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday - all my stupid little problems mean nothing really. They arent really even problems after this.
    As for feeling safe - my mother and I were talking yesterday and I told her someone in my office mentioned I should go stay with her ( I live right in the city -ATL and she is out in the burbs) in case anything happened here. But I said No WAY! I am NOT going to let those slimey Bas**ards scare me into leaving my home, or not going to work. Thats what they want.
    Its ok to be scared of those lunatics - but not afraid of living your life.

But then again - I am thousands of mile away and my husband didnt have to run for his life yesterday. But arent you guys supposed to move to Atlanta anyway?

Again - so glad hes ok! Let us know how both of you are feeling as this goes on.

Love XXXX

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Sparkle
    We WERE supposed to move to Atlanta next week. But his job here offered him more money to stay. After all of this, the money doesn't seem worth it anymore.