Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

When my kids were younger, I had all the answers, and they thought I was so smart. But today I had to answer each question with "I don't know". And when my 14 year old son ask "will we go to war"?...."War" is the one word a mother never want to hear. But this time I answered, "probably". And then we were silent. No more questions, only fear. Donna

2. Advertising
    advertising

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Please don't let that fear override you. That is what these awful terrorists want...Americans in fear. We will overcome this. As far as war goes, one thing about the strength & technology of the U.S. military...when it is time for us to retaliate, it will be an immense retaliation, not a battle.

That is what I don't understand with these terrorists....why mess with a country that has the power to wipe out their entire country? I guess they don't think about it like that.

I heard General Schwarzkopf say last night that the difference between the U.S. & the terrorist countries is that we try our best not to harm innocent people while they directly target the innocent.

I have to believe that they will get what is due. You can't be that evil of a person & not have it come back at you twofold.

Have faith Donna, you may not have the answers to this, but no one does. We are a civilized country & value human life & it is a tragedy to see anyone...not just Americans having to go through something so awful. We will pull together though & overcome this. I just know we will.

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenerizer (edited September 12, 2001).]

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Donna-
    I know how you feel. My 11 year old was in a very somber mood, fearing war. My 4 year old daughter talked about it at preschool and sat in the back of the car praying for the people involved. My 3 year old just kept repeating, "Plane crash in building?" It was the very first thing he said this morning!
    Still hoping that we will be able to fly out to NY for my brother's wedding, I am concerned now about my little ones fearing planes. We probably shouldn't have let them see it, but then again, unless we never turned on the TV, radio or ventured out of the house, we can't avoid hearing it.
    It amazes me the tenderness in the hearts of little children. My daughters prayers, so simple, so touching, so effective and I believe straight to the Father's ears.

Love and Blesssings-
    Audrey

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Donna,

One thing that I tried to express to my children is that We as Americans are so lucky that there are many people from other poorer countries that just hate us for all of our good fortune and freedom....

After explaining that I also told them that although these things occasionally happen that we are the greatest country in the world and that they should not be affraid or ashamed to be Americans. At this time I believe we all need to show these people that we are not scared of who we are that we are the mighty United States of America and we will not be affraid we are proud of who we are.

I don't know if I have done the right thing with my children I can only offer you what I did I felt was right. God bless you and your children Donna, may the lord give you the right words to explain this tragedy to them.

with all my love
    lonetta

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks Ladies, I feel better today. I can't even imagine what the victims families are going through. It all seems like a bad dream. Thank you again, God Bless You and Yours. Donna