Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

The woman who is to become my sister-in-law on Saturday was on her way into the building right next door to the WTC. Just as she was walking in, the 1st plane struck, as debris and mayhem ensued all around, an older man, a total stranger, grabbed Kathleen by the hand and they started running away from the scene. When they had gone a safe (?) distance, he was able to get a cab. He basically stuffed Kathleen into the cab, threw a handful of money at the driver and told him, "Get her out of here!"
    I don't have the words.
    I haven't spoken to Kathleen personally but apparently she is quite shaken. She saw things none of us ever want to see or ever should see.
    My sister, Andrea, her fiance, Greg and my aunt Nancy all work in the city and none of them were nearby when this happened.
    All flights in Denver are cancelled for now. We were supposed to fly out tomorrow at 3:30. I pray that we will get there in time for Saturday's wedding. But even if we don't, I thank God that Kathleen's life was spared.
    As I'm sure all of you did, I spent the majority of this day near the TV in prayer and tears.
    I pray none of you have a personal connection to this tragedy. The common connection of being human is tough enough.

Love and Blessings-
    Audrey

2. Advertising
    advertising

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

So glad to hear that Kathleen is safe & sound. It is stories like that...where a stranger comes out of nowhere & just takes over & guides people to safety that reminds me that there is more good in this world than bad.

Jen

pjb5638
    audreyjean. thank god your sister-in-law-to be is going to be fine, other than shaken up. take care friend and i will be praying for your safety as you leave for nyc. god bless the newleyweds on renewed fresh life and god bless the stranger that possibly gave it. patti

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Audrey...I can only imagine what your family has been through with all of this...It is so fortunate that your sister in law to be is safe...and that she was "saved" by such a caring and generous man. My sister in law's best friend worked on the 87th? floor of the WTC...the girl called her mother to let her know what happened and that she had to evacuate the building immediately....that is the last they have heard from her. Her company can account for 90 of 160 employees, and she is not yet accounted for. My sister in law is a complete wreck. It is a sad sad day in the world....I pray for everyone tonight.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

AudreyJean, I'm so glad to hear a story with a happy ending. Unfortunately, today there aren't many. Wedding or no wedding Saturday, who cares, the important thing is that everyone is o.k.

Shopgirlnc, I hope your sister-in-law's friend is o.k. also. God Bless all!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Smile

Those people who just appear out of nowhere and spirit one off to safety??? They are called ANGELS!!!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

ConnieK- AMEN!AMEN!AMEN!

I pray there will be a happy ending for you as well.

I truly believe that in the midst and/or as a result of tragedy good can come. Living just miles from Columbine, I saw how strangers come together for good, how people bond.

I believe that Jesus is the only true light in this world. Those who know Him now know His comfort and I pray that those who don't will find Him in this hour.

Love and Blessings-
    Audrey

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I believe that Jesus is the only true light in this world. Those who know Him now know His comfort and I pray that those who don't will find Him in this hour.

Amen Audrey!!!!
    It couldnt be said any better than that.
    All they need to do is say his name, and call out to him. I pray they will.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Audrey,

be sure and hug here extra tightly when you see her. I thank god her gaurdian angel was looking out for her yesterday. This is unbelievable, my family is fortunate that we have no one in that area. But we are all affected as Americans. I truly feel for your family and all the families immediately affected. My prayers and thoughts are with you as you try and get out to the wedding I will be thinking of you this weekend and praying for your safety.

god bless you all Audrey

Love
    Lonetta