Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I'll go first..Kcgirl here..very sad, very sick to my stomach but for now I am safe and so is my family and friends! I wish the same for all of you! Lots of Love, KC

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Unhappy

Moon and all her Moonlets home safe and sound tonight and extremely grateful to be alive and together.
    I work for a major airline and my heart goes out to all those that are suffering a loss.
    Tomorrow will be another difficult day at work...but at least I am alive to complain.
    Others don't have that luxury!

God Bless,
    Deb

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have posted several times here today, so those of you that have been reading know that I am doing fine.

I'm like the rest of you, I want all my children under my roof tonight! My oldest son, is in the National Guard and he has been put on alert. That makes me nervious. He, his wife and my grandson live about 2 hours from me. I haven't been able to get them on the phone today, but I was able to get through to them by email. Thank God for that! My point in this is - if you have all your children in your nest tonight - get on your knees and thank God. No matter how old they get, I never feel more content than when I can crawl in the bed at night and know we are all together.

XXXOOO

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I live about 30 miles outside of Washington and I work about 5 miles from Dulles Airport. My office was evacuated at about 9:30 after the plane crashed into the Pentagon. My best friends dad's guardian angel must have been looking after him today because he was supposed to be at a meeting at the Pentagon this morning but was running late. I keep watching it on the news and it's like watching a movie. I'm stil in shock that this happened and I'm hoping that everyone is safe tonight.

Kat

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I've posted several posts so I'm alive and well. My family is safe at home with me this evening as well.

I pray...

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My nephew has been deployed in Wash. D.C. this afternoon, He is in the R.O.T.C. and of course being only 19 very excited. I & my family are fine but very worried about our boy.
    Please pray for all involved. Thanks, Sammie

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy

I have posted also this evening so you all know we are ok here at my house.

All of my midgies are snug as a bug in a
    rug, thank the Lord. I feel more love for my family tonight, than I did this morning when I woke.

Let's just all keep praying together.

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My dear family is safe and well, but I'm still praying for the families that have lost a loved one.

Cindy

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Glad to hear you all are safe & sound. I am fine also down here in Florida. It's a huge tragedy, but we'll get through it...just have faith.

Jen

pjb5638
    i am fine and family is too, tonight, other than in shock. ex-hubby flew out to slc yesterday with new lil wifey, and with any luck / will get stuck there, but, he is fine too. -- but, my ex-fiance is in ny state and isnt accounted for but this is normal., and he is in south ny state, so, away from. no one in his family has heard from him yet, this too is normal....~ so, me and mine is probably fine.
    peanut.

gg
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

What a day...at least for me it has a happy ending... that is, if anyone can be happy after a day like this.

My 24 year old son arrived in Manhatten last night. He is staying with friends 10 blocks from the WTC. I put my 19 years old daughter on a plane to NY from Ontario, CA at 6:00 a.m. this morning. On my way to work, after dropping her off, I heard on the radio of the horrors that were occurring in NY. Besides being afraid for my daughter, and what might happen to her plane... or where it might land.... I was worried about my son.

I went home, instead of to work, and had a message from my son already... he was just fine. Within a few hours I got a call from my daughter to pick her up in Ontario... the plane didn't get far... had to come back.

What an experience for their first trip to NYC... my daughter won't make it to NY for now, it seems. My son can't leave. He has been helping amidst the chaos all day. He saw the second plane hit... the 2 towers crumble... he says he will never be the same.. is total chaos...like a war zone.Everytime he calls to check in I hear sirens blaring. He and his friend have been making stretchers all day, to carry out the dead and injured. I am just so unbelievably grateful that he, or my daughter, are not among them.

My prayers for the many families in our country who are not as lucky... I just cannot express how very sad I am for all of those children who are now parentless... parents who lost their kids... or spouses... friends... co-workers. What a sad day for America... and the world.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Donna, Eric and Tara are safe and sound. We are praying for everyone in this terrible time. God Bless, Donna

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have been posting all day, also. My family is safe.

I too pray......

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    It was good to read everyone's messages...it really showed me that this has effected every single person in the country very deeply. WE saw this afternoon M16 fighter planes circling right above our house today in Northern LI ..it was very loud and very eary...we are all safe right now thank God ..my husband knows many people who were killed in the WTCs tho...my neice had a close call God Bless Marg

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

It really makes you put things in the proper perspective doesn't it??????

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My boyfriend and I stayed joined at the hip all night last night. Thanking God we are safe and feeling so bad for the families of the victims and CUSSING at who ever is responsible.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

here and safe thank the good lord. Glad to hear from you all.

still praying for us all...

love
    Lonetta

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thumbs up

My Family is all fine!!

my prayers go out to all affected by this act of terrorism.

God Bless,
    Adrienne

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

~sigh~ there are no words.... just feeling sad but lucky.

What had scared me the most was the reported car bombs going off at the State Dept., US Supreme Court, the National Mall as well as the Capitol... all within 5 mile radius of my office. I also felt the blast and saw the smoke from the Pentagon through my office window... the Pentagon is just across the river...

I finally talked to the BigOne around mid-night... he was considered crucial personal and had to stay behind to lock down all networks. He is fine and trying hard to enjoy a day off today.

Skinnykat, the BigOne lives directly under the Dulles flight path... when I heard that one of the hijacked planes was circling around Dulles, I preyed like hell that he had already left for work in Crystal City... close to the Pentagon!!!!!! What a joke! Washingtonians had no where to hide...

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Hello, everyone in my family is safe and sound. I am living on post here in Fort Riley. My husband is one of the many in the military on alert (threat con delta). I made the mistake of leaving post for a bite to eat with my sister, it took us 4 hours to get back on post. They blocked off all entrances and were checking every vehicle for bombs or weapons and taking pictures of every person that crossed over and video taping every one as well. So I am stuck on post til this is done, not taking the risk of that again. It was a very shocking day for me, but I didn't actually cry until this morning when it all hit reality. My husband says he is ready to go fight for his country. Says that is why he joined. He isn't even scared in the least bit. I am the frightened one. I will be praying for everyone and have been. Barely got a wink of sleep last night.