Close
    Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

What the heck is up with the price of gas???

As if things weren't bad enough today, are they just making money from this or what????

Maybe one of you out there gets it and can clue me in. In a time of American tragedy they raise the price of gas?

I know this is truly not important, not really. This is a day that makes you really think about what is important and what isn't and the price of gas truly isn't, I just thought someone might be able to give me the reason.

Love you all
    still crying and praying for every American

God Bless
    Netta

2. Advertising
    advertising

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I don't know this "from the horse's mouth" so to speak, but rumour has it they are shutting down some refinerys, which will cause the gas price to shoot up?

If anyone else has heard something I would like to know too.

Photos
    View albums

I live in TN and we had to drive on business about 4 hours today. We stopped in Knoxville at a station where gas was $1.30. The station was packed, I thought because of the price. But instead the girls inside told me there would be no gas shipments for at least 3 days. When we returned 4 hours later the same station was out of gas and the station just down the street had raised to $1.40. When we got back home the station that was charging $1.35 yesterday was up to $1.58!

A friend explained that Ashland oil in KY is stopping all pumping until all this blows over so they will not a target. The radio reported that gas in Ky is already $4 a gal! My mom lives in a small town near the mountains here in TN and her friend told her his station will be $3 per gal tomorrow.

Hope this helps. Let's all stock up.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I heard that the gas prices are going up for one of 2 reasons. Yes, certain refineries closing but also because they are putting extra security on refineries. So yes, I'm assuming we simply paying the extra security. I live in a small town in Minnesota and 1/2 hour from here in a larger city, the gas prices were already up to $4.00/gal. I JUST got home from filling my tank and my husband filled his truck and we paid $1.67/gal. BUT...vehicles were lined up for blocks at EVERY gas station we drove past. It took me 45 minutes to fill my tank. They are also "running out"..only 2000 gallons left at the station I went to. So yes, if you have the chance, fill er' up.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think it's just a reflection on price gauging. I hope whereever the prices have gone up extremely are made to bring the prices back down.

That sometimes happens here in Florida when there is threat of a hurricane. Suddenly the prices double & triple of what stuff should usually cost. It's just wrong.

Sounds as though they are trying to get the country back to business as usual as quick as possible, hopefully that will bring the prices back down.

Jen

Photos
    View albums

One state attorney general said he was going to prosecute all business people accused of price gouging. I think it was in MO. I saw it earlier on the Drudge Report

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Our attorney general, Mike Moore, (Mississippi) announced this afternoon that if any gas stations tried gouging customers with inflated prices they would be prosecuted. That sure doesn't help my pocket book right now though!! I guess I should be thankful .... from what some of you have posted, we have it easy, the gas is only up to about $1.65 here, that's only up about...20 or 30 cents from yesterday.

Hey mtnheart, I know I have heard of Dandridge, is that anywhere near Gatlinburg?

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Yeah, don't feel too bad....it seems like it's always $1.65 here. I haven't left my house so I have no idea what the prices are, but I don't think it will be tolerated down here either.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

you guys were right, here in MO they are threatening the owners who are out there trying to make a few extra bucks from us. It is rediculous and makes me extremely sad that there are people trying to profit from a tragedy like this....

stick together ladies there is power in numbers.

prayers
    Netta