Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

For those of you without other news access:

The US Press Secretary has said that the explosions in Kabul, Afghanistan are not the result of US military action.

And in answer to my post a few minutes ago, the President is expected to speak "around 9:00 P.M." e.s.t.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I don't believe them when they say it isn't. I know airforce and navy sitting off coast of ny on full alert..like they expect something more..retaliation maybe??
    national guard being called in in many states along coasts.
    and they just issued full alert for all nuclear facilities..and I live 15 miles from 3 mile island facility!
    What a frightening day.
    So worried about good friends in ny city who work downtown there.
    several friends either are in service or have children who are and all have been called to active duty.
    seems the world has just plain gone crazy!

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I don't believe them either, I think if we are not directly responsible then we are indirectly responsible. I am scared right now, are we going into WWIII? Please let us all pray to god that we are not There has already been so much pain and destruction who can take any more today?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I was raised an army brat and lived all over the world,,and most people in other countries really hate us. They see us as greedy spoiled and arragant.
    and of course they won't come right out and say yes we are bombing them..they will wait to admit it.
    and yes I AM scared.
    If we are bombing them there will be retalliation and it will escalate
    But then we can't just sit abd say please don't do this to us..terriost from all over the world would have open season on us..so I know we have to take a stand..but I fear the outcome. Praying constantly for all of us.

[This message has been edited by mystic (edited September 11, 2001).]

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I am scared too. I just talked to my daughter whose husband is in the Army and she had just talked to him. She said to me, "Mom, I am scared but he told me that I had to remain calm for the boys and the other wifes." When things go wrong the wifes come to her because she has actually been in the Army and seems to hold them together. Hope she can do it this time.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I don't think we are behind the bombing in Afghanistan...for one, we'd do a lot more damage than what was done tonight & two, they are going to take their time to make sure they target the right terrorist group rather than just guessing. It seems it's pretty obvious it's that COWARD Vin Laden guy, but I don't think the U.S. would move this quickly. The entire country is on full alert, I think that is to be expected considering what happened today. Lots of prayers & faith will get us through this tragedy.

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenerizer (edited September 11, 2001).]

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I agree with you Jen, we're not going to just go running over and start bombing. Our government will find the responsible party and the ones who have been protecting him.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I heard last night that the "Northern Alliance" has taken credit for bombing Afghanistan. I'm not sure who the Northern Alliance even is, but it's obviously some group that is pissed off at what happened here in the U.S. & I think it makes it quite obvious that they know who is behind this.

Jen