Close

Thread: I'll go first

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I know I haven't been on the board for awhile. In fact, I no longer take phen... my husband still does, though.

I am in the center of all the tragedy. 110 miles to my west is Somerset, PA. 120 miles to my east is NYC and 110 miles to my south are DC and Camp David. Many people I love and care for live in all three areas.

I wish them safety and strength. I am not the most political person, but I feel that our president will see that justice is levied against those who harmed our innocent citizens.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I agree, this is a terrible moment and my prayers goes out to your love-ones and everyone else involved and their love-ones. I think that we should all just remember to pray because there is power in the word of prayer!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

First of all, I want to thank you John for opening this forum. I know so many of us, that feel a closeness here, need each other right now. My heart breaks to see the pictures of this horrific tragedy. And like all parents, I want to pull my children close. My oldest son is in the National Guard, and I need prayers to keep him safe. I wish I could sleep tonight knowing he is under my roof. But I have to keep in mind how many parents will not have their children ever again.

Thank you so much for this site. Thank you my precious phen-friends, even though faceless, I see evidence of sweet, caring hearts. May God bless our wonderful country!

[This message has been edited by Lane (edited September 11, 2001).]

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    My morning has been spent in prayer and tears. I have family who work in Manhattan and know now that they are safe. But what about all the others? My heart bleeds for every life lost and every home affected. My husband and I were to fly into Newark Wed. for my brothers weddding. DIA is currently shut down for the next 24hrs.

Only evil can do such a thing and only our God can give us the comfort that we need at a time like this. This affects us all, whether directly or indirectly. As humans and Americans, how can we not mourn for our fellow man? I will not concentrate my energy on the negatives of this but I chose to pray and believe that God will send His ministering angels to all in need.

My love and prayers to all.
    Audrey

Photos
    View albums

I work in Newark NJ I was standing on the roof of my building and could not believe what I was witness too. Its a sad day. It still feels like I was watching a movie as I watched the second plane, which we watched come from out on the water and then it just slammed into the 2nd building. At first we were all laughing that some idiot couldnt see the building and ran his plane into it but once the second plane hit we knew some thing was wrong. I have live with the twin towers and seeing them in that skyline as long as I can remember and now they are gone. I now know what it must feel like to live in a war zone. I have never seen war plane fly over my head until today. I know I will never be the same again.

I pray for all the families with loved ones who live and work in New York.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm sitting here shaking with tears in my eyes. I still can't believe what has happened in our country today. I pray for all the families that have been affected by this horrifying tragedy and pray that all others are kept safe from any further harm. Please be safe and pray today everyone.
    Bless everyone.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

What to say?? I can't believe it, I can't even stop crying for the thousands of people lost today. The husbands, wives, moms, dads, every part of a family....someones family just gone. By a coward who hates the U.S. I am so very sorry, sorry for the victems for their families and for us all....

My wonderful friends, continue with your prayers. I am very far away from any of these cities that were hit. But it has affected me forever. I was watching the whole thing on tv with my eleven year old son who was home from school today for a dental app. all I could do is cry and hold him tightly in my arms. When your family comes home or if they are home now put your arms around them tightly and appreciate your lives together.

I thank you John and Jipi for giving us this space to talk to each other and begin healing together.

prayers and peace be with you my online family, I am thinking of you all.

love
    Netta

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have tried to put 2 new posts this a.m. but they havent registered.... in a nutshell I want to tell you all how very, very shocked, devastated and disgusted me and my family are here.

I have been tuned in since 2.10pm my time (London). Live since the first attack. I am still in shock, my family are in constant telephone communcation. We are all absolutely devastated and sickened. We really cannot believe it.

We, my family, offer our utmost sympathy, our shock, our disgust and support for you, our American friends.
    God Bless America.

We, me, my mum my sisters my neices nephews Aunts and Uncles, our children will ALL be praying for you. Each and every one of us. We are totally in shock. We are numb.

We are with you.

Love and kisses
    Deanne
    (brit)
    Tracy..Rena...please phone me.

KHG
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My thoughts and prayers go out to the many victims and their families. We live in Missouri and my husband has O-Negative blood so he donated. I want to inform everyone that no matter where you live you can help, especially if you have O-Negative blood. They told my husband they are flying all the O-Negative blood they receive to the tragedy sites.

My prayers are also with our government and President Bush. We all need to support our government and the decisions being made with regards to retaliation. This is not a time for separation. I pray that we all become unified and strong. If something BIG isn't done in retaliation our care-free, SAFE lifestyle is in jeapardy and who knows what could happen to us next.

My personal feeling is I think we should put a stop to "open borders." We are one of the only countries that have such easy access and unfortunately now we see why that's NOT such a good thing. Yes, freedom is a good thing, but, living in fear of terrorist attacks does take your freedom away.

In addition to praying for the victims and their families, please pray for President Bush and our Government during this time of crisis and lets all ban together to become a unified United States.

We placed our American Flag outside our home to show our support to our government and to our troops. I hope everyone else will do the same.

God Bless America!

Love, KHG

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm still shaking and it's almost 11 pm. I turned on TV just before picking up the kids from school just in time to see the 2nd plane hit. I managed not to cry until I got to the schoolyard and the other mum's asked how I was. The outpouring of concern and solidarity amongst our British friends and acquaintances has been immediate and overwhelming.

We still haven't managed to verify our friends are alright - 2 of them work in finance and may well have been at one of the buildings in meetings. The phone lines are still down and the helpline has been busy all afternoon. I can only pray for the many people in New York who's lives are forever lost or changed by the loss of a loved one. But right now, as an American who gets on those long-distance planes with her children 4 times a year...I'm numb with shock, grief and fear.

I hope the military strikes like a cobra - fast, sure and deadly.

Elisa

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy

Oh,

Elisa, I feel for you so much.

I feel for each and every one of you.

You know, my mum is undergoing plastic surgery and allsorts, (diabetes..blah blah) and she has put off her 'op' due tomorrow. She is so, so, darn sickened. Hard to put in words. Please, PLEASE believe, that just cos we are a 'rather large pond' away, we still feel for all our wonderfully beautiful 'family' in the U S A.
    My god. Our thoughts are so, SO with you.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I can't even imagine what the families of these victims are going through. It will affect so many lives. Blessings on everyone.

lose

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    I am just 2 days old to this community and I must say, I have great respect for each and every one of you who have taken the time to post a message in this forum. In this time of crisis & chaos, you have come together to support each other and our American family. I am honored to join this group. My thoughts and prayers are with the many people who have been touched by this tragedy. My heart aches.

pjb5638
    glimerina. i am so so sad for your areas loss. / your loss/ my prayers are with you and yours. i enjoy the emails i get from you/ and your hubby. god bless. patti

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Angry

Isn't anyone just MAD!?!!?!??!???

Im horrified at the loss and sadness, but now Im starting to get mad......if we don't retaliate soon, Im afraid this will happen again...SOON.

How on earth is the United States Security, CIA, and FBI, so uncorridinated that we had 4 hi-jacked planes withing 23 minutes of each other...on our American soil no less.....with BOX CUTTERS!!!!! You here all that, and we do look vulnerable to other countries...something needs to be done NOW. And its way past "bringing them to justice"...I think we need to show them we can and will fight back..

Does anyone understand what Im saying?!!??!?!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I hear you Kaj - I'm still afraid but the mad is bubbling up. Every Christmas I take the kids and fly to Nevada to spend it with my folks. My dad can't fly and my mom's a teacher so she only get's 2 weeks off so this is how I've handled it every year. I'm on those flights - I've done Boston to New York, New York to LA, Boston to San Francisco. I've sat on those planes with my arms around my babies and now I'm scared. You always look around for shifty-looking people but now it will be worse. I said yesterday if it was Bin Laden and Afghanistan won't hand him over we should bomb until it's nothing but uninhabitable and uninhabited desert. I can't believe I said that but I did and I meant it. Enough is enough. Underneath my fear I'm angry as hell.

But we got some good news - one of our good friends worked in Building 7 (the 3rd one to go down). He lives on the Upper East side and walks to work and was running a bit late that morning. He got close to work and saw the planes hit so he watched the whole thing from the ground and is fine. Another friend we haven't managed to get in touch with but I'm trying to contact his parents, hoping they've heard something.

What a mess. And I can't even give blood with my anaemia (I tried, they refused). I think the worst bit for me is feeling so helpless. I want to climb in a tank and go after the a**holes!

Elisa

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    It just makes me MAD!!! I heard a lady call in today on the radio and say "oh,...we just CAN'T go over there and bomb innocent people"...THEN..another lady called in, kind of sarcasticly and said "I just want to make sure Im following you, are these the same innocent people who are celebrating in their streets"?!!?!?!??!?! My point exactly...NO ONE over there is innocent anymore.......they at least KNOW we're coming after them....we had NO warning.......

I'll bet our millitary guys are just pacing....ready to go get em'!!!!!! That's what we have a millitary for, is for this type of thing....I think its time we put them to use........